• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT: Devils @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of last night's bumps were rust. Preseason never gets you ready for game speed. Philly had a real game already and I'm not going to say that should have hurt them so early in the season. They've had logs of days off and its not like this was a back to back in FEB.

Kinks will work their way out. Got a W and 2 points. Devils didn't win a game last season until game 8!!!.

On to Florida who always gives us fits. Yuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory said something in the postgame about how if this game was last season it might've completely slipped away from the team. Gotta think there's a lot of truth to that. I remember early last season we had a 3 goal lead in Edmonton go quickly in a game we'd eventually lose in a shootout. 2 goal lead blown in Calgary too. Plus all those leads we lost in the final minute when the opposing team pulled the goalie. It was maddening to watch!

Maybe Philly being bad defensively had a lot to do with it but to get 6 goals out of the gate was nice. The goaltending will be better.

Little bit of an aberration on both ends in my opinion.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cory said something in the postgame about how if this game was last season it might've completely slipped away from the team. Gotta think there's a lot of truth to that. I remember early last season we had a 3 goal lead in Edmonton go quickly in a game we'd eventually lose in a shootout. 2 goal lead blown in Calgary too. Plus all those leads we lost in the final minute when the opposing team pulled the goalie. It was maddening to watch!

Maybe Philly being bad defensively had a lot to do with it but to get 6 goals out of the gate was nice. The goaltending will be better.

Little bit of an aberration on both ends in my opinion.

Honestly, I know people want to shit on Ryder and Clowe, but those guys playing on a 3rd line are going to really overmatch A LOT of teams this season. That could easily be a 2 and prob a 1B type line. It's one game, but this top 9 is probably even deeper than the cup run top 9 with Parise, Kovy, Clarkson leading the way in scoring. Obviously that cup run team was better on the top end, but I'll take a Henrique, Ryder, Clowe line over a Clarkson, Poni line for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.