• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (78) - 03/29 Sharks @ Coyotes - 7:00PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I thought the Sharks played well early but they needed a better effort than that to get points tonight.

The next two against Dallas are the season.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes an entire team to lose a game but what has Marleau done to lead this team?

Last I checked he has no letter on his chest so he doesn't need to lead anything.

He's 3rd in G, A and PTS. Also 1st in GWG with double that of the #2 guy. He's had a decent season.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody on the sharks shoot with their eyes OPEN??????????? THESE FUCKERS COULDN'T SCORE A SOCCER NET!

Guess Rares was correct again.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I thought the Sharks played well early but they needed a better effort than that to get points tonight.

The next two against Dallas are the season.

where is the scoring? how are they playing well if they don't score, compete and win?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this one was a killer. Sharks had chances but just choked. it's a pure and simple choke. Wingels misses the net from 15 feet out with noone within 30 feet of him.

Just too much AHL fodder on this roster to compete.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where is the scoring? how are they playing well if they don't score, compete and win?

Playing well doesn't mean they played great, or that they were perfect. They had a bunch of chances early and controlled the play. They played well early. It is a disappointing finish after a good start and it certainly wasn't good enough to get them any points.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing well doesn't mean they played great, or that they were perfect. They had a bunch of chances early and controlled the play. They played well early. It is a disappointing finish after a good start and it certainly wasn't good enough to get them any points.

and that has been the pattern all year, play one good period and then just let the opponents score on less shots and win the game or tie for OT or SO.

whomever said this is the best Sharks team ever is seriously high, this team is absolutely average at best. the bar is very high and this current roster fails to meet the expectations with Doug selling away our future, things look mighty grim.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last I checked he has no letter on his chest so he doesn't need to lead anything.

He's 3rd in G, A and PTS. Also 1st in GWG with double that of the #2 guy. He's had a decent season.

it's definitely not patty alone, that's for sure. He has been very underwhelming, but in this game, jumbo has stunk. pavs has choked. Cooch's goalless streak hits 9. Galiardi is pathetic. Moore and mitchell are a joke. Wingels has a whole 3 goals on the year.

Its a shame that the one game the bottom six don't give it up, the top 6 do. This is first game in a looooong time that the bottom six has not killed the team, and they still lose.

Oh well, gotta win in dallas or LA. If they go 3-1 in those last 4, they will still likely make the PO's.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the problem.

He's been on this team for 14 years and he feels he isn't a leader?
No passion!

This guy plays like he's just showing up for a paycheck.

#2 pick in the 97 draft and he's content with 28 goals and 59 points.

How does that inspire his team?

Marleau is 32 years old and a veteran of the NHL.
His game is not going to change.

The Marleau we're seeing right now is as good as he's going to be for the rest of his career. Clearly the only way this guy wins a Cup is if he goes to the Red Wings where there is a bunch of talent to pick up his slack when he disappears for a dozen games at a time.

If this is what we can expect from Marleau for the remain 6-8 years of his career, I say deal him and throw him a nice ceremony on his way out, but his soft play and lackadaisical attitude have defined this team for the last decade and frankly, the loyal fans of San Jose deserve a greater commitment.

I appreciate his contributions to them team but if we've already seen the pinnacle of his talents, it might be time to look toward the future instead of hanging on to him out of a misguided sense of tradition.

How he could play with Nolan all those years and not develop any sense of leadership ability is beyond me.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Moore = king of the weak backhander :-)

I gotta admit, as much as I hated the moore trade, I did expect him to score at least ONE goal in teal.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More easy shots on Smith with ZERO chance of going in. Yay! :L

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even bother call a time out, really TMac?

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I'm done being frustrated for the evening.
God help us against Dallas.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's the problem.

He's been on this team for 14 years and he feels he isn't a leader?
No passion!

This guy plays like he's just showing up for a paycheck.

#2 pick in the 97 draft and he's content with 28 goals and 59 points.

How does that inspire his team?

Marleau is 32 years old and a veteran of the NHL.
His game is not going to change.

The Marleau we're seeing right now is as good as he's going to be for the rest of his career. Clearly the only way this guy wins a Cup is if he goes to the Red Wings where there is a bunch of talent to pick up his slack when he disappears for a dozen games at a time.

If this is what we can expect from Marleau for the remain 6-8 years of his career, I say deal him and throw him a nice ceremony on his way out, but his soft play and lackadaisical attitude have defined this team for the last decade and frankly, the loyal fans of San Jose deserve a greater commitment.

I appreciate his contributions to them team but if we've already seen the pinnacle of his talents, it might be time to look toward the future instead of hanging on to him out of a misguided sense of tradition.

How he could play with Nolan all those years and not develop any sense of leadership ability is beyond me.

Marleau is what he is. He has no passion, no guts, nothing. JR called him out for a reason. He has great tools, but has never consistently brought it throughout his career. I think we have seen the best marleau has left in his career. He is already getting over the hump, and with jumbo also getting over the hill soon, patty's crutch is disappearing.

The problem is that the sharks have 20.5M tied up in 3 over the hill players, now. Dougie went for it and the sharks had these guys in their primes and they just didnt get it done. if the trend continues, Jumbo will go down as one of the top players in history to never lift the cup (or play for it, even).

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew there was NO chance the Sharks would score tonight. DUH!

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau is what he is. He has no passion, no guts, nothing. JR called him out for a reason. He has great tools, but has never consistently brought it throughout his career. I think we have seen the best marleau has left in his career. He is already getting over the hump, and with jumbo also getting over the hill soon, patty's crutch is disappearing.

The problem is that the sharks have 20.5M tied up in 3 over the hill players, now. Dougie went for it and the sharks had these guys in their primes and they just didnt get it done. if the trend continues, Jumbo will go down as one of the top players in history to never lift the cup (or play for it, even).

I really think Marleau's best years are behind him and it's time to look toward the future because as much as I wanted him to, Marleau will not lead us to the promised land and I honestly don't think Jumbo is the man either.

If those two guys can't get it done, then no supporting staff behind them is going to.

Forgive me for using the forbidden word, but it might be time to rebuild.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, ray and drew are fiiiirrreeeddd up :-)

I wanna see that fight :-)