• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garza VS Cueto, Fight?

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among other things, Garza said that Cueto should “grow the hell up” and added that “if he has something to say about it, he knows where to find my locker and definitely I’ll find his.”

Dusty had to put in his :2cents: by saying.....
"You got something to say, you go over there and tell him. Johnny ain’t running. Know what I mean? A guy can say what he wants to say, but it’s better if you go over and say it to his face.

I just wish, just put them in a room, let them box and let it be over with, know what I mean? I always said this. Let it be like hockey. Let them fight, somebody hits the ground and then it’ll be over with. I’m serious about that. I come from a different school. Guys didn’t talk as much. You just did it."

So this definitely spices up this upcoming matchup we have against the Cubs in June. My opinion Garza is a idiot and should just shut up. The pitch that Cueto threw was obviously a ball that he just lost control over,and Cueto had no reason of hitting somebody and potentially starting a rally. Dusty's comments are also interesting too. But what do you all think about this?

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Garza needs to mind his own damned business. But if they went toe-to-toe, I'm picking Garza to knock Cueto's ass out.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cueto is anybody's candy ass but this isn't a big deal and the bored-ass Chicago media needs a reason to cover this chicken-shit baseball team. If there's anything duller than the 2013 Cubs, it is the 2013 White Sox. Why does Garza even have an opinion? DeJesus was in the play and he's said nothing. Mostly just smiled.

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in the baseball era where I am from, you settled this crap "on" the field.....something to the tune of, a 10-0 ass wupping of the opposing team. As they say "talk is cheap" and this fight conversation isn't worth a penny. If Cueto wanted to hit a batter, he would have.....same can be said for Chappy.

As a side note, Dusty needs to shut the hell up.....he spent more time hiding than fighting in his day.

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing, if I were Garza I would be whining like a little girl too the way his Cubbies are playing right now....or not playing, as the case appears to be.

Pitchers have been firing warning shots & beaning batters since the dawn of time in this game....they all need to get over it.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is actually a very interesting thread when you consider how the game has changed overall. i saw an interview with tony perez in which he said his wife could not watch the games bob gibson pitched against the reds. frank robinson was laying in the batter box more often than standing. more recently, a juiced up red-eyed frankenstein-like roger clemens throwing inside for effect, and then getting scary. roid rage on national television. even more recently, vicente padilla. swisher knows about padilla. in fact, nicky started a benches clearing brawl after being thrown at by vinny in 2006. in 2009 the texas rangers let padilla go for -officially- being a disruptive presence on the ball club. unofficially, they had had enough and didn't want their young stars getting bonked. and that was a decision nolan ryan was part of. juan marichal took a bat to johnny roseboro's head. things get heated and it's getting hotter. but, baseball has definitely been sanitized a little bit. remaking of the image, don't you know. anybody been to a fan cave? it's like what they did to las vegas. much more family friendly. i personally loved the beautiful crap hole it once was. i saw a couple of guys start to fight on the street the other day. yelling, kicking, and getting in boxer stances. kind of slapping at one another. one guy would charge, and the other would back step. back and forth like that. and this guy across the street yells, 'you guys going to fight or just play patty cake all night?' it's very similar to the cueto / garza thing. the baker's man is the media.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in the baseball era where I am from, you settled this crap "on" the field.....something to the tune of, a 10-0 ass wupping of the opposing team. As they say "talk is cheap" and this fight conversation isn't worth a penny. If Cueto wanted to hit a batter, he would have.....same can be said for Chappy.

As a side note, Dusty needs to shut the hell up.....he spent more time hiding than fighting in his day.

He sounded really foolish in that story. Grow up, Dusty. This isn't junior high school. :rollseyes:

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed HammerDown. You "lead by example".....Dusty did not set the appropriate example in my opinion.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole lot of these guys sound like the victims of still another troll in the clubhouse, not unlike the Hal McCoy crap from a few years back on Phillips and again with Gomes. Used to be, guys could air this kind of schidt in the clubhouse and it would stay there. Now, these blogger "journalists" report everything they hear, from the stock market report to somebody passing gas.

Players just need to realize that the Twitter generation makes them all look stupid and there's plenty of people who don't recall the days when petty bitching stayed in the locker room.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in a different generation. Back in the day, there was a lot less talk, IMO because there was more action, or reaction more accurately. There are a lot of bad actors now, because frankly, they are less afraid of someone doing some dental work on them. Dusty is the epitome of a talker that lacks the wherewithal to back it up with action. Garza nor Cueto want to fight.

To be honest, Broxton, Latos, Mesoraco, Lutz and possibly Simon are the only Reds I'd count on in a brawl, and maybe Aroldis might have a cold cocked left hook in him...the rest of our crew best stay in the dugout trash talking to Hal McCoy. I wouldn't allow much crap pointed at our pitchers, though. The Rolen, Perez, and Roses are gone...most players today keep their balls in the clubhouse guarded by their agents. It seems like the opposition always thumps BP when there is a beef... no accident. I'd reciprocate by plunking one of theirs and let the chips fall where they may...and send rhe few bruisers out of the dugour first...But that's the old school Gieco therapist in me, not the kinder gentler more tolerant type accepted today.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it entertaining that lots of Tards fans are STILL whining about the brawl way back when and Cueto's role in it. It baffles me how they can crucify Cueto and then stick by their white knights Yadier Molina and Chris Carpenter aka two of the biggest thugs to ever play baseball. Once a homer always a homer, I guess.

Dusty and the Reds should cool it off, though. The last thing they need is a fight. Dusty came across as a plain idiot in his postgame commentary (what's new?). Maybe Chapman/Cueto should spend less time antagonizing their opponents and more time getting outs.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter was acted like a thug until Rolen grabbed him, then he wanted to be a peacemaker. The Cardinals had plenty of talkers- beetches, as Phillips put it. IMO, the Reds don't have many bad azzes, so they should just shut up and play the game... Cowards headhunting passive BP should be dealt with by a guy like Broxton... and if they actually had the sand to charge the mound, we might see a replay if the Ryan/ Ventura beat down.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still find the whine about Jason LaRue to be amusing. That was his 19th concussion and if he hadn't had the first 18, he might have known to go to the outfield and graze like the smart players do ... instead of attacking somebody's cleats with his skull.

MHubbuch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza has been with 5 teams (Guess). He never got along with many team mates. So who is to blame here???????