• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona vs. UTSA

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a 3-0 start... we'll get our real first test in week 4 @ Washington.

BEAR DOWN! :suds:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I guess USTA has a pretty good run defense. I really wouldn't be surprised if they fill the box tonight, after watching film from last Saturday on us. I guess their secondary defense is pretty bad, so we'll see if we open up the bubble screens and deep passes. We really need to start spreading the field. If we can, and effectively, we should run away with it. If we expect to just shove the ball down their throat like last week, it might be closer than it should be.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I guess USTA has a pretty good run defense. I really wouldn't be surprised if they fill the box tonight, after watching film from last Saturday on us. I guess their secondary defense is pretty bad, so we'll see if we open up the bubble screens and deep passes. We really need to start spreading the field. If we can, and effectively, we should run away with it. If we expect to just shove the ball down their throat like last week, it might be closer than it should be.

Yeah, I don't know too much about them... thanks for the info. I think this is a game we should win by 4-5 scores though. If not I'll be disappointed.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson and Cliff Alexander will be at the game as well... hopefully it will be sold out.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley Johnson and Cliff Alexander will be at the game as well... hopefully it will be sold out.

Good to know. Some people are wondering if people will go to the game, because of the Mayweather fight. I'm looking for a good turnout. Hahahaha, hope they have a good weekend!!!!

I agree though, if we want to start separating ourselves, and getting ready to rise to the level of competition, we are going to need to be able to pick easier teams apart. Tonight should be a good test to do that. I just get the feeling that we are going to need to play outside the tackles tonight in order to put major points up. Besides, I really want to see our passing game. I think everyone does. Denker needs to have that threat this year, or defenses are just going to focus on the run. Looking back at last year, Carey was so deadly because Scott was able to do whatever he wanted. Scott could run, he had 3 1,000 yd receivers, and Carey. Scott, by running and throwing, spread the field so much, that all Carey needed to do was get past the line, and he had so much room. That's not going to happen this year if there are 8 players in the box on defense. I can't stress it enough. People are going to think that if Carey doesn't get the yards he did last year, that it will be his fault, but really it will be that he just isn't being given the opportunity. I know that we don't have the QB or WRs that we had last year, but we at least need to keep the defenses honest, or they have no reason to respect the passing game. 168 total passing yards after two games against NAU and UNLV is so fucking pathetic. On this path with such ineffective passing, we'll be lucky to get to 6-6 this year. Take it to the bank.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the white helmets.

what color helmets are you a fan of? The red!?!? Those IMO are the worst. White looks fine.

BTW, where is your fans? That upper deck is about empty.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our uniforms this year look like shit. They look like some rookie designed this shit. Those multi-colored numbers, and even the shape of the numbers, just look awful. They look like fuckin clowns out there this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our uniforms this year look like shit. They look like some rookie designed this shit. Those multi-colored numbers, and even the shape of the numbers, just look awful. They look like fuckin clowns out there this year.

At least they look better than ASU.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good completion. God damn penalty.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, open it up with the screen.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, keep spreading.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job. Start with establishing the passing game. Make them pay for clogging up the middle.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denker 5/6 63 yards. Great start.