• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I hated the episode but I think HBO botched it. I don't know how people will rate this episode but it could have been tons better.

I think they botched that aspect of it as well but so many directors seem to do the overly dark thing these days I didn't give it all that much thought. I was more disappointed in it going exactly as I expected it to. I was hoping they'd throw a few curve balls and kill an important character or 2.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it wasn't an issue, I said I could see it just fine. And then mentioned some fixes. Oh noes!!

It Was Impossible to See Anything on 'Game of Thrones' & People Had Jokes About It

Some of these made me laugh, particularly the ones by people who actually TRIED to adjust their TV or turned off their lights and still couldn't see.

Yes. Enough people had the same problem in the isolation of their home to prove it was no fluke.

You shouldn't need superior night vision genes to enjoy the show! :D

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2zwu84.jpg

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But giving the devil his due: if they had some badass sequence of Arya sneaking past the white walkers, using their bodies as visual shields, making air wisps distract them from seeing her, putting a dead body or some discarded cloth over herself at a critical
moment as a white walker gazes past her... and then she gets through the line and leaps at the NK, then he catches her, then she does her dagger off-hand move. That would have been MUCH better than what we got: Arya-ex-machina, Arya Diesel.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say she was a Mary Sue, ...but a force coming in on a crane in the last second to resolve the seemingly unwinnable situation is LITERALLY THE DEFINITION of Deus ex machina. And I do mean LITERALLY
I didn't say you did, but that's been some of the criticism against her.

I wouldn't say is Deus ex either, because it wasn't entirely unexpected. Rewatching the season, everything has been laid out color-by-numbers to build to her doing it.
We all knew something was going to stop NK, and it wasn't going to be Jon or Dany.

The only thing we are missing is exactly how she got through. I'd like to see it, but I also don't really need to. She's a stealth assassin. She got through.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they botched that aspect of it as well but so many directors seem to do the overly dark thing these days I didn't give it all that much thought. I was more disappointed in it going exactly as I expected it to. I was hoping they'd throw a few curve balls and kill an important character or 2.

Platoon had a climatic chaotic battle in the dark and it was fine. i.e. it's possible.

I guess I was surprised so many top level characters survived.

Except the Queen of Bear Island.. A surprise fan favorite. :(

I had no problem with Arya sneaking up to kill the Night King. Didn't she spend time learning how to fight blind?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But giving the devil his due: if they had some badass sequence of Arya sneaking past the white walkers, using their bodies as visual shields, making air wisps distract them from seeing her, putting a dead body or some discarded cloth over herself at a critical
moment as a white walker gazes past her... and then she gets through the line and leaps at the NK, then he catches her, then she does her dagger off-hand move. That would have been MUCH better than what we got: Arya-ex-machina, Arya Diesel.
9eummk8ntlv21.png

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say you did, but that's been some of the criticism against her.

I wouldn't say is Deus ex either, because it wasn't entirely unexpected. Rewatching the season, everything has been laid out color-by-numbers to build to her doing it.
We all knew something was going to stop NK, and it wasn't going to be Jon or Dany.

The only thing we are missing is exactly how she got through. I'd like to see it, but I also don't really need to. She's a stealth assassin. She got through.

I expected Arya to be the one (Wasn't sure but she's an assassin and she had the dagger) and I think she'll be the one to get Cersi too.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Platoon had a climatic chaotic battle in the dark and it was fine. i.e. it's possible.

I guess I was surprised so many top level characters survived.

Except the Queen of Bear Island.. A surprise fan favorite. :(

I had no problem with Arya sneaking up to kill the Night King. Did she spend time learning how to fight blind?

That part surprised and disappointed me too.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say she was a Mary Sue, ...but a force coming in on a crane in the last second to resolve the seemingly unwinnable situation is LITERALLY THE DEFINITION of Deus ex machina. And I do mean LITERALLY

No it's not. Ex Machina would be the Lord of Light coming down from above in a pillar of light, and dissolving the Night King. Ex Machina would be Melisandre time traveling back to convince the People of the Forest to not create the NK in the first place.

A motivated character with the skills to affect the outcome isn't ex machina.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the producers said in the post-show interview: Lyanna Mormont was supposed to be a one-scene character, and then the actress Fucking killed it, and they were all like: ummmm, we need to get this little badass some more screen time.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. Ex Machina would be the Lord of Light coming down from above in a pillar of light, and dissolving the Night King. Ex Machina would be Melisandre time traveling back to convince the People of the Forest to not create the NK in the first place.

A motivated character with the skills to affect the outcome isn't ex machina.
It is when the actress comes in on a crane (machine) at the last possible second , past known insurmountable odds, to save the day. That is LITERALLY Arya-ex-machina

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Enough people had the same problem in the isolation of their home to prove it was no fluke.

You shouldn't need superior night vision genes to enjoy the show! :D

I've played a couple of computer games (Deus Ex, Dead Space?) where they had a tool to set up your monitor black levels before starting the game. Because so much of the game was going to be played in dimly lit scenes.

No way to do that with a TV show.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is when the actress comes in on a crane (machine) at the last possible second , past known insurmountable odds, to save the day. That is LITERALLY Arya-ex-machina

comes in on a crane? Are you just fucking with me now?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't give me the yoda line about high ground, or I'll hunt you down and kill you.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comes in on a crane? Are you just fucking with me now?
They use cranes to carry actors when they show them flying through the air. You know this.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience, THere's still 3 more episodes.

I'll be watching. It's the only show that's really appointment TV any more. Everything else I'll DVR but if you don't watch Thrones on Sunday night the spoilers are every where the next day