• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the fat man knows he had to cut down characters and/or give some plot lines to other characters for the television series. So maybe the fat man is cool with Griff's plotlines being given to Tyrion...especially considering the fan theory gives weight to Tyrion being more than assumed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books Tyrion has mismatched eyes, one of them being purple. He also has silvery hair.
I've always found that interesting. In the Books, Tyrion in made out to be so ugly that it's hard to even look at him, and while I'm not the best judge, I would think most women would find Peter to be handsome, if a dwarf lol

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always found that interesting. In the Books, Tyrion in made out to be so ugly that it's hard to even look at him, and while I'm not the best judge, I would think most women would find Peter to be handsome, if a dwarf lol
If I can't wear 4-inch heels, I'm out. ;)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think most women would find Peter to be handsome, if a dwarf lol

giphy.gif

You have to be fucking kidding.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...some women wouldn't care too much as long as Peter was paying the bills. ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't argue with that. There're plenty of whores and star fuckers on this planet that he could find a date.

He said he thought broads would find the imp handsome, which they wouldn't.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wouldn't argue with that. There're plenty of whores and star fuckers on this planet that he could find a date.

He said he thought broads would find the imp handsome, which they wouldn't.
At some points in the show, yeah, I think they would

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either:

1) you've never met a woman

or

2) you're out of your fucking mind
Post a picture of your face beside a picture of the Imps face from, say, season four, poll 100 women as to who is more handsome, my guess is you'd be shit out of luck

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also wondering if a dude who's talking about how handsome a midget is realizes that he's gay.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also wondering if a dude who's talking about how handsome a midget is realizes that he's gay.
I'm married with four kids, about as straight as they come. I was commenting on how ugly the imp is in the book vs the way Peter looks in seasons 4-5, in which he's a fairly handsome guy. The fact that you get your panties in a wad over that says more about your own homophobic tendencies I would think. And it's pretty easy to throw insults behind a keyboard. My guess is you're jealous that a midget dates finer women than you ever will and that if we were face to face, less quick with the name-calling...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the books and the show are different in a lot of ways, especially the past few seasons. But the show writers know GRRM's end game and plan on ending on a similar note. I think if Young Griff was who he says (thinks?) he is and would eventually become the 3rd head of the dragon, that he would have been on the show since season 5. In theory he could still be brought in, just as Euron was introduced a bit later on the show, but with only 13 more episodes planned I think it would be way too late to introduce a character with that much importance. I'm thinking that he is probably a Blackfyre, but both Griff and Young Griff actually believe that he is who they claim him to be.

Counter-point: The show wanted to take the series in a different direction, which is part of the reason why GRRM has stopped writing episodes. I've never seen that the show wants to end on the same note as the books.

In TV shows, you can't introduce a protagonist (or any major character really) 70% of the way into a story and expect people to want to root for them (or care for that matter). There are no "a dragon has three heads" canon in the show anyway, but if there was it would be Dany, Jon and they'd probably make Bran warg one or have it be Tyrion.

A lot of what makes Aegon work in the books is the Targareyn history we know, his back story and information about the Blackfyre's, and Bloodraven for that matter. We don't have any of that in the show. The show wants us to focus on Dany, and they know the majority of people don't know/care about the rest of the Targareyns. Hell, people now think Jon is Ned's ince$t baby. The way they are telling their story, it just didn't make sense to introduce such major player so late.

Point is, there is SOOOO much different about the books and show. Storylines have been added, mixed, cut, ripped off, changed. The biggest antagonist in the show, the White Walkers, are fundamentally different than their book counter-parts. The show is probably going to end with Dany and Jon killing the WW. GRRM has said he hates endings that are so black-and-white, and he hates war. So I doubt he's going to his his story on a war where the good guys win. We can't take what the show has done and apply it to the books anymore.

Sorry for the rant :suds:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The showrunners have always stayed true to the spirit of the books. Sure there are differences, but mostly for time/content considerations. They haven't added stuff that's totally out of left field.

So I disagree, the ending of the TV show will be true to the spirit of the book's ending, even if some details get lost.