• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 73 - Philadelphia Flyers at Calgary Flames(3-19-15): 9:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
large.png
vs.
large.png

Game Time: 9:00pm EST/7:00pm MST
Channel: CSN-PH
Venue: Scotiabank Saddledome

Links:
Philadelphia Flyers at Calgary Flames - 03/19/2015

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game last night was bizarre they were playing well should have been a goalie interference penalty on the nucks nothing called and then bam 2 goals by the idiot who should have been penalized! Game over. hopefully they play better and take out the flamers as I'll be there representing! Good or bad I can't wait!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game last night was bizarre they were playing well should have been a goalie interference penalty on the nucks nothing called and then bam 2 goals by the idiot who should have been penalized! Game over. hopefully they play better and take out the flamers as I'll be there representing! Good or bad I can't wait!

Let's get a win!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get a road win, Flyers! Haven't gotten one in almost five weeks!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love you Mason, but I'll call it like I see it. Bad goal

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck how is Emery going in. What is Berube thinking?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These games aren't even fun anymore :(

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Tuesday they were cruising along playing good defensive hockey then bam everything goes sideways. Seemed to be a run of tacky calls after the refs were letting them play. 5 on 3 was weak and a back breaker. It's just not their year...

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So......does anyone have as much of a problem as I do with Berube pulling Mason? Seriously WTF the guy is making point blank save after save and then gets screened and he pulls him with 2 min left in the 2nd? What is going on here with him and the organization. Are we going to abuse another talented guy until he leaves. It is so frustrating, Berube is not the coach moving forward, get him the hell out of here before we lose even more than this season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So......does anyone have as much of a problem as I do with Berube pulling Mason? Seriously WTF the guy is making point blank save after save and then gets screened and he pulls him with 2 min left in the 2nd? What is going on here with him and the organization. Are we going to abuse another talented guy until he leaves. It is so frustrating, Berube is not the coach moving forward, get him the hell out of here before we lose even more than this season.

so I didn't have time first thing this morning to read through twitter, but apparently he bashed Mason post game again. I wasn't a Berube hater until the past few games, but I agree w/ you 100%. What the hell is he doing? Mason is without a doubt the best Flyer of the 2014-15 team. He's without a doubt the best goalie they've had in 30 years. Berube's disagreements already got Mason's coach fired, what the hell is his problem in regards to Mason and why isn't the team and/or Hextall stepping in here? Berube is a clown for treating Mason the way he has. And that pisses me off. Aside from the Detroit game I don't think the Flyers have scored a goal in the first half of the game in like 2 months and Mase has held them in all of them. What more do you want from the guy? Call out the rest of the players please.

If it's a 'players don't like mason and the coach is taking the rest of the players' side thing, I would consider sending the rest of the crew packing before sending mason out.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so I didn't have time first thing this morning to read through twitter, but apparently he bashed Mason post game again. I wasn't a Berube hater until the past few games, but I agree w/ you 100%. What the hell is he doing? Mason is without a doubt the best Flyer of the 2014-15 team. He's without a doubt the best goalie they've had in 30 years. Berube's disagreements already got Mason's coach fired, what the hell is his problem in regards to Mason and why isn't the team and/or Hextall stepping in here? Berube is a clown for treating Mason the way he has. And that pisses me off. Aside from the Detroit game I don't think the Flyers have scored a goal in the first half of the game in like 2 months and Mase has held them in all of them. What more do you want from the guy? Call out the rest of the players please.

If it's a 'players don't like mason and the coach is taking the rest of the players' side thing, I would consider sending the rest of the crew packing before sending mason out.

exactly man, but it doesnt come off like that at all. the players say that they are leaving him out to dry and who knows what the rift is there with Berube. but it honestly seems like he has been trying to hurt him and rips him whenever he gets a chance. the score last night should have been 2-0 in the first, why doesnt he take any responsibility for his team coming out FLAT EVERY F'N game?!?!?!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly the goals against Mason weren't great, but it was 2 goals through 2 periods. Not to mention Mason should be getting a little benefit of the doubt at this point, especially when Emery is the backup.

That was a horrible call to pull Mason. No idea what Berube was thinking

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly the goals against Mason weren't great, but it was 2 goals through 2 periods. Not to mention Mason should be getting a little benefit of the doubt at this point, especially when Emery is the backup.

That was a horrible call to pull Mason. No idea what Berube was thinking

the goals weren't great, I agree. but it was 2 goals and as you said, I'm more comfortable with a "shaky mase" than a fresh emery. You're not out of the game at that point.

Berube seems to genuinely dislike Mason. Calls him out whenever he can and treats him like garbage at every turn. First off, that's childish and unprofessional. Second, it's just not considerate. And third, most importantly to me, you're making our goalie/best player miserable so back off jack ass. I honestly can't think of 1 coach in the past 10+ years of following hockey as close as I have, that's called out an individual player like Berube has.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking out the obvious outlier (Detroit), we have scored 1.4 goals per game in March. so obviously it's the goalie's fault we're not winning. -Brooby

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the goals weren't great, I agree. but it was 2 goals and as you said, I'm more comfortable with a "shaky mase" than a fresh emery. You're not out of the game at that point.

Berube seems to genuinely dislike Mason. Calls him out whenever he can and treats him like garbage at every turn. First off, that's childish and unprofessional. Second, it's just not considerate. And third, most importantly to me, you're making our goalie/best player miserable so back off jack ass. I honestly can't think of 1 coach in the past 10+ years of following hockey as close as I have, that's called out an individual player like Berube has.

Hopefully this makes it clear to Hextall that Berube has to go. If our organization picks a coach over the goalie that we have needed for decades I will lose hope. You really have to be blind to not understand what Mason is doing for this team.

Lavy never did a tenth of this with Bryzgalov. How can Berube get away with treating Mason like this?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is something in the water in Philly. Chip Kelly is dismantling a 10-4 team with ridiculous trades getting rid of AR's guys, the Phillies have a complete lunatic GM and FO that have destroyed a once proud and contender franchise and now Berube is going off the deep end and destroying the best goalie the Flyers have had in a long time. That move last night is where I just turned off the game and went to the rack thinking Berube has flipped and entered lunatic land. Trouble is he is going to ruin a good goalie.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, another lifeless effort by the Flyers - garbage team led by a garbage coach

I can't fucking wait for the day that they punt this piece of shit head coach - the disrespect he has shown towards Steve Mason is at a whole new level - it does not surprise me at this point what the coach tries to do

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Cobiemonster. I just was so turned off by that stunt, I didn't want to watch another minute. That's when I saw awaz's post and immediately agreed.