• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 13 - Philadelphia Flyers at Calgary Flames(11-5-15): 9:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad period, I guess - only eight shots allowed

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny doesn't look good overall playing slow. Need a good 2nd!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A part of my soul dies every time a 2on1 is wasted by a pass

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny is now literally hurting his own team

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there it is. Raffl 1-1

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raff is finally on the board!!! Now we have a chance to win it in the third period, I like how they're playing defensively

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you shoot on 2on1s

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was progress, yeah we didn't get two points but I liked the defensive effort, Neuvy was great and they got a point - best game they've played in a while

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell that we will likely stay in a lot more games with Couturier back, but I am still very disappointed.

The Flames have given up the most goals in the Nhl by a wide margin and we again score only one goal? It's great to see Raffl get that goal, but more guys need to shoot the puck instead of looking for the perfect pass.

We drew two penalties in the first period and then none for the rest of the game!?

I'm not quite sure why we dressed Lecavalier to play 4:37 either.

Only Simmonds, Giroux and Schenn had more than 2 shots and 5 players got credit for none. Look at Karri Ramo's stats for this year. He's been dreadful!! Shoot the fucking puck at that cage behind him!!

I hate to even bring this up, but to lose very early in OT on a goal like that is pretty disheartening. I'm not sure exactly where the puck hit the player, but that sure as hell looked like a kicking motion.

Once again we're looking at one goal scored and two power play opportunities. It's automatic. It's absolutely unreal. We've also given up 30+ shots in every single game this season.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things wrong with this club. WTF happened to the team we watched in the first 6 games? Not even fun to watch anymore

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell that we will likely stay in a lot more games with Couturier back, but I am still very disappointed.

The Flames have given up the most goals in the Nhl by a wide margin and we again score only one goal? It's great to see Raffl get that goal, but more guys need to shoot the puck instead of looking for the perfect pass.

We drew two penalties in the first period and then none for the rest of the game!?

I'm not quite sure why we dressed Lecavalier to play 4:37 either.

Only Simmonds, Giroux and Schenn had more than 2 shots and 5 players got credit for none. Look at Karri Ramo's stats for this year. He's been dreadful!! Shoot the fucking puck at that cage behind him!!

I hate to even bring this up, but to lose very early in OT on a goal like that is pretty disheartening. I'm not sure exactly where the puck hit the player, but that sure as hell looked like a kicking motion.

Once again we're looking at one goal scored and two power play opportunities. It's automatic. It's absolutely unreal. We've also given up 30+ shots in every single game this season.

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom with this team, but right now the Flyers are only two points out of a second Wild Card spot - four teams have 13 points and the Flyers have 11 - if they are able to put together another good defensive effort in Winnipeg against a team that is back home for the first time after a four game road trip and after a back to back to end the trip for Winnipeg, the Flyers can salvage something here - they have some home games the rest of the month and can start to put it together if they choose to

The thing is, there are a lot of teams in the league struggling to find offense - it isn't just the Flyers - the key is to be much better defensively and once they start putting together consecutive good defensive games, they will start finding some form of offense - they got a point tonight because they only gave up one goal in regulation - if they play better defensively they'll gain more confidence, that's why they were winning games earlier on - nobody cares that they're only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game as long as they're only giving up 0 or 1, but when you give up 3 or 4 it is way more magnified - team has to play way better defensively and with Couts back last night it was a good step in the right direction

The way the league is these days, all you have to do is go on a good run for 4 or 5 games and you're right back in it - Columbus was completely left for dead two weeks ago and now they're finding their groove lately - just have to stay with it and play well defensively, then the offense will start to come over time

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just telling it like I see it. I believe this can ultimately be a good team and that hasn't changed, but if one goal is all we can do offensively against Calgary and these other sorry teams, we're in trouble against Winnipeg, Washington, Los Angeles and all of the other stronger teams we have coming up.

However, I don't believe that any of us truly feel that teams like Calgary, Edmonton, Buffalo and New Jersey are better than us at the end of the day.