• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 4: Chicago Blackhawks @ Los Angeles Kings, 5/26 6:00 PM, NBCSN

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great game... Chicago brought it tonight and the Kings stood up to it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out-coached, outplayed, and the lesser goaltender. That equals a 4-2 loss, which was actually worse than the score indicates.

Dominated at the dot. . . . . . . . . Again.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a good feeling before the game, and a better one after. Still one more win needed to finish this round but it sure feels nice hoping that this time there will be no game 7

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a good feeling before the game, and a better one after. Still one more win needed to finish this round but it sure feels nice hoping that this time there will be no game 7

Your percentages scared me :hope:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this Kings team is just like playing the Wild

Dude I just laughed when I read that at various stops on the web. One clown even equated it to "pretty much the Stanley Cup", meaning that was the toughest stop on the way there.

Guess again jacko, you ain't getting there this year.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets far fewer calls since 2012 when the world exploded calling him a diver.
Not saying he didn't but now you can cut off his arm and the refs won't bat an eye

Because they probably revisited film from 2008 on and saw he duped them on a nightly basis. They feel he still owes them a ton probably.

Will say I'm happy the embellishing from him has quietly stopped overall, it was sickening.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings sent a whole passel of Blackhawks fans home with their tails between their legs with a strong effort tonight that Chicago just couldn't match. You could see defeat on the Blackhawks players faces after the second power play goal in the first period. The Kings just built on that up until they got the 4-0 lead. Kings of sat back after that and held on (more like weathered the storm) and got the win. One more win and it's on the the Cup Finals. I would have liked it to be Montreal so the Kings could get some revenge for 1993 but that's not looking likely. New York/Los Angeles SCF will be fun though. First things first let's get past Chicago.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pff its just like when the Hawks played the Wings last year

Same situation, down 3-1. It's showtime for Chicago, I'm sure they've just been toying with LA.

Let's see the goods, bust out that comeback stick.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towes faceoffs 7 14 (33%)
Stoll faceoffs 16 8 (66.7%)

They didn't always go head to head but still a interesting stat that sticks out.

The Kings have been absolutely killing it on FOs, seems every time that puck is dropped, especially in a critical situation, the Kings are ending up with the puck.

Stoll has been unreal in the dot.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too, felt the good vibe all day.

Spent it with the better half and the crazy 4 crumbsnatchers, went to Yorba Regional Park and did some outdoor stuff, had In n Out for lunch, rearranged the car seats and cleaned out the beast in the process, overall productive day for a holiday and just had a hunch they would destroy them tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks win Game 5 but 6 is as far as it goes - punch that ticket to the SCFs ASAP.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings sent a whole passel of Blackhawks fans home with their tails between their legs with a strong effort tonight that Chicago just couldn't match. You could see defeat on the Blackhawks players faces after the second power play goal in the first period. The Kings just built on that up until they got the 4-0 lead. Kings of sat back after that and held on (more like weathered the storm) and got the win. One more win and it's on the the Cup Finals. I would have liked it to be Montreal so the Kings could get some revenge for 1993 but that's not looking likely. New York/Los Angeles SCF will be fun though. First things first let's get past Chicago.

Ox

The Hawks look absolutely dejected. They did last game for certain, and I think the way they got bombed in Game 2 really started that process.

The arrogance these guys have shown over a period of time is finally catching up to them, and I actually credit that tool Roszival for lighting the fire under the Kings. His disrespect towards Williams in Game 2 began this - I'd love to see Brown level him again like he did in 2012. That sent the Kings into the SCFs.

I have been harassing my buddy with "KAAAAAAAAAANER!" texts randomly all series long and it's gotten to the point where he is seriously pissed off. I'm going to keep doing it too, this guy has been gloating for a few years now and it's well deserved.

I also sent him a "Where's Captain Serious?" photoshop of the Joker from The Dark Knight that a buddy did for me and I'm getting under his skin big time, I'm having a ball with some of my close friends.

Montreal can eat a six dick burrito, I never want them sniffing a Cup again. Some things cannot be forgiven, and the cheap way they won the Cup in 1993 is one of those. They can enjoy that tainted Cup the rest of their franchise history for all I care.

I would like to see NY because a) I think the Kings will destroy them and b) Lundqvist is good, but I think Quick is gooder. I think Quick has been the best goalie in the league since 2010 but he doesn't get the credit he deserves, and maybe seeing them square off on the same ice for the biggest trophy will open some eyes finally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its Kings vs Rangers we would get home ice as well.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck said "gooder" hahaha

I don't know why, but I'm even more nervous about this next game than I was the last one. I just don't see CHI rolling over and submitting.. I do see a hungry, hungry Kings team that really knows where each other are on the ice and all the no look passes and tape to tape ones are proving that. It gives me serious heartburn lol My boss is a CHI fan and is even admitting they are getting their asses kicked (this is a HUGE statement coming from a major homer) and keeps reminding me about the Detroit comeback.. but that's a totally different team. I'd love for them to close it out in CHI though. I'd love a deafening silence to break out again and be able to hear the Kings bench cheer when they scored, like last time.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck said "gooder" hahaha

I was wondering if someone would catch that one...

My boss is a CHI fan and is even admitting they are getting their asses kicked (this is a HUGE statement coming from a major homer) and keeps reminding me about the Detroit comeback.. but that's a totally different team.

Yeah and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. These fools keep referring to this as the same situation, and it is anything but. For example:

- this isn't the WCQFs, this is the WCFs. Much deeper round, much better opponent.
- he Red Wings have not been a legitimate contender for a few years now, they snuck in as the 7th seed by basically 1 point.
- the Wings are still held in elite status when they are anything but.
- it still took 2OT to beat the Wings.

The Kings are absolutely throttling the Hawks - this is a much faster, deeper, more quick-strike Kings team than the one the Hawks tossed aside last season. Anything is possible...but I'm not banking on it. The Kings need to win 1 of the next 3 in any location to punch that ticket to the SCFs.

If anything, going down 3-1 for the second consecutive year tells me the odds are even worse they'll pull off again.

I'd love for them to close it out in CHI though. I'd love a deafening silence to break out again and be able to hear the Kings bench cheer when they scored, like last time.

I would love to go to Chicago, bust into their music room and blast that stupid Chelsea Dagger song if the Kings win tomorrow night. Get those Chicagoans to truly feel how stupid and obnoxious that song is.

I wrote better shit in my garage as a 16 year old.