• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 35 - Philadelphia Flyers at Anaheim Ducks(12-27-15): 8:00pm EST

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll do it. Horrible powerplays and mistakes tonight

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They appear to have checked out.
It is good to know that once again a struggling team looks good when playing the Flyers. Consistency is all we ask.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I warned you guys about this game - yeah the Ducks are struggling but they can get going at any point - Flyers didn't help theirselves in this one

They'll have a few practice days to be ready for San Jose - they'll need to play smarter and crisper

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol and L Schenn both said, it was little things that cost them. I know you did warn us, and really, the trap was there and the Flyers skated into it.

I just hope G is okay. He just didn't look like himself the entire game and was horrible in the face off circle. I know that he was shadowed by Keller, but when healthy and on his game he is much better than that game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really lazy, unfocused, lackluster effort in this one. It doesn't help that the refs spotted the Ducks a goal via a 5 on 3 that we still managed to kill 99% of. Mason gives up a couple of soft ones to Perry and it's over. Not enough support from his defense though. I don't blame the goalie, there was just too much cheating up the ice and not enough hustling back.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I warned you guys about this game - yeah the Ducks are struggling but they can get going at any point - Flyers didn't help theirselves in this one

They'll have a few practice days to be ready for San Jose - they'll need to play smarter and crisper

It was just a classic trap game. If we play our game, we win that one. And yes, Giroux had a terrible game, which generally puts us in a losing position. That was pretty out of character for him.

I also have to mention that the Ducks probably get away with as much interference, hooking, roughing and holding as any team in the league. Maybe the refs were a bit rusty after the break too.

Last edited:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a classic trap game. If we play our game, we win that one. And yes, Giroux had a terrible game, which generally puts us in a losing position. That was pretty out of character for him.

I also have to mention that the Ducks probably get away with as much interference, hooking, roughing and holding as any team in the league. Maybe the refs were a bit rusty after the break too.

OMG...they are without a doubt the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time. And who/how does both Kessler and Getzlaf get away with the crap they pull taking Face offs. I realize that when in a division with the Kings and the Sharks you need to be big and physical, but the Ducks struck me as chippy and sneaky, not so much physical.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG...they are without a doubt the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time. And who/how does both Kessler and Getzlaf get away with the crap they pull taking Face offs. I realize that when in a division with the Kings and the Sharks you need to be big and physical, but the Ducks struck me as chippy and sneaky, not so much physical.

I know people in general are going to scoff at a Flyer fan bringing up penalties or dirty play, but you're right. We aren't the Broadstreet Bullies anymore and the game is far different now than it once was. Perry is probably the dirtiest star player in the Nhl and his teammates follow his lead. It's pretty unreal. Yet somehow, they had the only 5 on 3 last night and it was for a very lengthy period.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know people in general are going to scoff at a Flyer fan bringing up penalties or dirty play, but you're right. We aren't the Broadstreet Bullies anymore and the game is far different now than it once was. Perry is probably the dirtiest star player in the Nhl and his teammates follow his lead. It's pretty unreal. Yet somehow, they had the only 5 on 3 last night and it was for a very lengthy period.

people that scoff at the flyers and dirty play must not have watched the NHL since the lockout. tired of the uneducated and lazy journalism regarding this subject matter.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any team in the league can say that about any game they play - the fact of the matter is, they did not play their game and they lost - you can't win every game in an 82 game season

The refs have nothing to do with some of the lazy play that the Flyers had last night, those traits popped up for the first time in a while and they paid for it - they need to start working smarter and harder again

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't quite go that far. Sure, maybe the Oilers are saying that in the visiting locker room before a game, but they are 5-14-2 on the road. Even if they play their game, they are likely to lose.

Nobody is expecting to win every game, obviously.

We just want to beat the teams below us in the standings with regularity, like good teams consistently do.