• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 30 - Philadelphia Flyers at Dallas Stars(12-11-15): 8:30pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
large.png vs. large.png

Game Time: 8:30pm EST
Channel: TCN-PH
Venue: American Airlines Center

First Goal Prediction Standings:
flyersfan4706 - 5
Cobiemonster - 2
awaz - 1
dspice07 - 1
lasgop8 - 1
Maverick426h - 1
FlyerFinFan - 0
mall3013 - 0
EVille3 - 0
chy1127 - 0
WOOTPOKER - 0
wbon22 - 0
banditshcky11 - 0
4thstreet - 0
shrike19 - 0

Links:
Philadelphia Flyers at Dallas Stars - 12/11/2015

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neuvy was terrific in the first

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 after 2

34 (Stars)-14 shots
.Shoot the damn thing towards the net,get some traffic in front,and bang the bastard in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but this wasn't really a fair fight right from the start.

The best team in the Nhl rested and waiting for us after we had St. Louis the night before and then the hapless referees award the home team six power plays to top it all off. I don't think the crowd was happy with six either...Lol Fuck Dallas...

I'm just wondering how ticky-tack calls get made all game long on us and Giroux gets punched in the face late in the 3rd with the game on the line and no call was made. That's probably why G cracked his stick across the post after the empty netter. I absolutely love his fiery competitiveness. It's part of what makes him elite.

All of that said, starting Neuvirth was clearly the right decision. He is seeing the puck like a beach ball right now and held us in the game with ease. With all due respect to Mason, he would've given up 5 minimum last night in his seemingly fragile state.

I was proud of the effort all in all, but once the Stars finally got a couple of lucky bounces in the second and we spent the majority of the period killing penalties, I don't think there was much gas left in the tank for a comeback.

The second line still looks strong and it was encouraging to see Voracek back with Giroux in the third period. I would definitely keep them together. They both have a lot of jump and G is just owning it all over the ice. Again, even the other lines at times showed the ability to pressure offensively and that is crucial.

We won the special teams battle, but lost the game largely due to the drain of having played the night before and killed off six penalties all before the third period.

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but this wasn't really a fair fight right from the start.

The best team in the Nhl rested and waiting for us after we had St. Louis the night before and then the hapless referees award the home team six power plays to top it all off. I don't think the crowd was happy with six either...Lol Fuck Dallas...

I'm just wondering how ticky-tack calls get made all game long on us and Giroux gets punched in the face late in the 3rd with the game on the line and no call was made. That's probably why G cracked his stick across the post after the empty netter. I absolutely love his fiery competitiveness. It's part of what makes him elite.

All of that said, starting Neuvirth was clearly the right decision. He is seeing the puck like a beach ball right now and held us in the game with ease. With all due respect to Mason, he would've given up 5 minimum last night in his seemingly fragile state.

I was proud of the effort all in all, but once the Stars finally got a couple of lucky bounces in the second and we spent the majority of the period killing penalties, I don't think there was much gas left in the tank for a comeback.

The second line still looks strong and it was encouraging to see Voracek back with Giroux in the third period. I would definitely keep them together. They both have a lot of jump and G is just owning it all over the ice. Again, even the other lines at times showed the ability to pressure offensively and that is crucial.

We won the special teams battle, but lost the game largely due to the drain of having played the night before and killed off six penalties all before the third period.

It was a good effort for sure, but when you have to kill six penalties, that is probably more on the team - that's a lot of penalties and some of that is probably due to being on the second half of a back to back - the lack of 5 on 5 and power play opportunities affected them from being able to generate enough offense - I don't think the refs had a lot to do with that - they played pretty well all things considered

Three out of six points against three really good teams this week is not bad - take it and move on

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally bite my tongue when it comes to the referees, but six power plays is the most the Stars have had since last season. Looking at everything call by call, the game was very poorly officiated on both sides, it just favored them by a wide margin. I understand Schenn for goalie interference, but many of the others were terrible. As soon as the refs noticed they had called 3 in a row on us, they called a very cheap one on Eakin, so it went both ways.

I'm sorry, but poor officiating just completely ruins the flow of a game. These referees are making assumptions instead of seeing what actually happened. This just rewards players for diving, which I consequently haven't seen them calling any of lately. I guess nobody dives anymore...lol

Some of these referees feel the need to make themselves stand out in a game when they should be doing the exact opposite.

And really, it's the lack of consistency that matters here. If you're calling it tight, then call it that way for both sides. We're not the Broadstreet Bullies anymore. This team displays a lot of discipline in my opinion.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, when you look at games this season, it is very rare when one team gets four more power plays than the other.

In fact, it is the first time all season long for both us and them that one team has had that many more power play opportunities. So, this is unusual.

The way our power play is operating, one more could've sent us to OT and an eventual win.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at how Dallas faired in St. Louis the night after jumping all over us. They fail to score even a goal against the team we beat 4-2. This gives you an idea how much the rest mattered. We burned ourselves out against St. Louis and they did the same against us. This gives me further proof that we're right there with these teams.