• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 25 - Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators(12-1-15): 7:30pm EST

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in turn, Couts playing well makes someone like Simmer better - it's no coincidence that Simmer is playing well because Couts is playing better and vice versa - if the second line as a whole becomes consistent on a game to game basis, it makes them a much better team and it takes a lot of pressure off of the top line

I completely agree, having a very good 2nd line makes us so much better. Imagine if Voracek gets rolling along with the 2nd line.

It is tough to plan how/where guys fit in, but I have to imagine Konecny is a prime candidate for Couturier's line next season. Not to mention we could be adding another winger depending on how high we draft.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree, having a very good 2nd line makes us so much better. Imagine if Voracek gets rolling along with the 2nd line.

It is tough to plan how/where guys fit in, but I have to imagine Konecny is a prime candidate for Couturier's line next season. Not to mention we could be adding another winger depending on how high we draft.

Yeah certainly - the forward group could certainly look different just like the defense - Taylor Leier might occupy a 3rd-4th line spot as well

I've been on this train since last season but I so want them to move Mark Streit for a first rounder - they could have two first round picks in the next draft and really cash in - and if they move someone like Ryan White and Luke Schenn, that might be 2nd and 3rd round picks and you can find good players there too

And as I type this my heart flutters

EDIT: I wonder if Travis Konecny's presence affects what they do with Brayden Schenn - I imagine they keep him but you never know

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah certainly - the forward group could certainly look different just like the defense - Taylor Leier might occupy a 3rd-4th line spot as well

I've been on this train since last season but I so want them to move Mark Streit for a first rounder - they could have two first round picks in the next draft and really cash in - and if they move someone like Ryan White and Luke Schenn, that might be 2nd and 3rd round picks and you can find good players there too

EDIT: I wonder if Travis Konecny's presence affects what they do with Brayden Schenn - I imagine they keep him but you never know

With Streit being injured this year (Not that it mattered for Coburn), having a year left on his contract, and just being his age I just don't expect him to be traded this deadline. I hope I am wrong, but we'll see. Something has to give when he gets heathy because there is no way Ghost can get sent down at this stage.

Luke Schenn seems to be a perfect reactionary deadline deal. Expiring contract, we could retain if needed.

Raffl can walk and fetch an overpayment in UFA. It is just smarter to replace him from within. Brayden Schenn is a mystery to me, but if nothing else Eklund is making it sound like Montreal really wants him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Streit being injured this year (Not that it mattered for Coburn), having a year left on his contract, and just being his age I just don't expect him to be traded this deadline. I hope I am wrong, but we'll see. Something has to give when he gets heathy because there is no way Ghost can get sent down at this stage.

Luke Schenn seems to be a perfect reactionary deadline deal. Expiring contract, we could retain if needed.

Raffl can walk and fetch an overpayment in UFA. It is just smarter to replace him from within. Brayden Schenn is a mystery to me, but if nothing else Eklund is making it sound like Montreal really wants him.

I think the Flyers could keep him for cheap - I'm sure they might be able to replace him from within but I don't think it would hurt to keep him - not sure he's going to have anyone knocking the doors down for him

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Streit needs to go if for nothing else to start making room for our your dmen coming up. I'm sure Luke Schenn will be gone also and helping his/our cause is he is playing very well and that should get us something pretty good back.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas sure looked good very nice underrated move.

They could move Streit someone will want him for the pp. Ghost has been money they need to