• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 20 - Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators(11-21-15): 7:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
large.png vs. large.png

Game Time: 7:00pm EST
Channel: TCN-PH/City
Venue: Canadian Tire Centre

First Goal Prediction Standings:
flyersfan4706 - 3
awaz - 1
dspice07 - 1
Cobiemonster - 1
lasgop8 - 1
FlyerFinFan - 0
mall3013 - 0
EVille3 - 0
chy1127 - 0
WOOTPOKER - 0
wbon22 - 0
banditshcky11 - 0
4thstreet - 0
Maverick426h - 0
shrike19 - 0

Links:
Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators - 11/21/2015

Attachments

• large.png
    large.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 25

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it blind belief in the Flyers to think that tonight will be the night the Flyers offense actually gets on track?

G/Schenn/Jake have had three good games together. They are creating chances and moving their feet in all three zones. Ghost is making the PP hum in a good way.

IF Del Zotto gets his mojo back on the offensive side and Read remember how to score this can be a fun team to watch.

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it blind belief in the Flyers to think that tonight will be the night the Flyers offense actually gets on track?

G/Schenn/Jake have had three good games together. They are creating chances and moving their feet in all three zones. Ghost is making the PP hum in a good way.

IF Del Zotto gets his mojo back on the offensive side and Read remember how to score this can be a fun team to watch.

It's as good of a night as any to finally have that offensive explosion. Ottawa is 22nd overall in goals against and 26th in penalty killing. Their home record is worse than their road record too.

Giroux leads the team in scoring by a mile with 13 points, but that's only good enough to tie for 77th leaguewide. This needs to change asap. He's a top ten player and we all know it, probably even top five.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao how is that not a penalty? Like Gags sticking up for him though

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some finish right now

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fight night in Ottawa - Simmer drops the gloves now

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa's very good offensively but this is one of those performances where the Flyers show their lack of offensive depth

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm officially discouraged.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this one. In fairness to the entire team, no one is scoring (Literally). With that being said, there aren't many options for us scoring wise as Cobie points out. I blame the scoring depth down the middle, but the wings and anything except for Ghost on the blue line certainly doesn't help.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this one. In fairness to the entire team, no one is scoring (Literally). With that being said, there aren't many options for us scoring wise as Cobie points out. I blame the scoring depth down the middle, but the wings and anything except for Ghost on the blue line certainly doesn't help.

Dave Hakstol also made a good point too saying that there's nothing else they can do but to continue working hard and doing the little things to try and be successful

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might think this was a blowout, but this was a very competitive game from the start and I thought we could've scored several goals if not for being off by just a touch. Quite simply, a couple of idiotic mistakes by Gudas and Del Zotto led to goals and then being off a touch went to being off by a mile and we completely folded. Another silly error by L. Schenn and we're down 3-0.

Gudas iced the puck for absolutely no reason at all late in the first and Del Zotto/Schenn both pinched at terrible times.

Believe it or not, I thought this game was there for the taking for the first 35+ minutes. Two dumb moves by a couple of defensemen at the wrong times and we're suddenly thinking there's no way we can win down 0-2. I thank Gagner, Manning and Simmonds especially for at least showing a pair of balls out there. The majority of the others (save for maybe Giroux and Gostisbehere) lied down like a bunch of pussies once we gave up the usual late goal in a period and early goal in the next.

I'm sorry, but even down 0-2, this was a wide open hockey game and either team could've won. The chances were piling up for both teams and our power play was on the cusp of exploding.

Andersen, while appearing to be in a zone, didn't even deserve a shutout here because our boys only played for about 20-25 minutes of the game. Too fucking easy.

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might think this was a blowout, but this was a very competitive game from the start and I thought we could've scored several goals if not for being off by just a touch. Quite simply, a couple of idiotic mistakes by Gudas and Del Zotto led to goals and then being off a touch went to being off by a mile and we completely folded. Another silly error by L. Schenn and we're down 3-0.

Gudas iced the puck for absolutely no reason at all late in the first and Del Zotto/Schenn both pinched at terrible times.

Believe it or not, I thought this game was there for the taking for the first 35+ minutes. Two dumb moves by a couple of defensemen at the wrong times and we're suddenly thinking there's no way we can win down 0-2. I thank Gagner, Manning and Simmonds especially for at least showing a pair of balls out there. The majority of the others (save for maybe Giroux and Gostisbehere) lied down like a bunch of pussies once we gave up the usual late goal in a period and early goal in the next.

I'm sorry, but even down 0-2, this was a wide open hockey game and either team could've won. The chances were piling up for both teams and our power play was on the cusp of exploding.

Andersen, while appearing to be in a zone, didn't even deserve a shutout here because our boys only played for about 20-25 minutes of the game. Too fucking easy.

With all due respect, I don't think this game was very competitive, especially once Ottawa got going - if the Flyers can't score three against Ottawa, they don't have a chance - the Flyers aren't coming in with an advantage on the other team especially with this defense they're putting out there

It was nice to see those guys dropping the gloves but I don't think it did much because they looked flat in this game - the offense is so sporadic and talent is a major issue there

And as for Craig Anderson deserving/not deserving a shutout, he's a good goaltender and he did deserve it regardless of circumstances - the Flyers need to go back to the drawing board and start performing way better or they will get destroyed this week - they'll be lucky to split the four games this week even if they play their absolute best hockey

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. We outplayed them in the first and only trailed 0-1 because of a bonehead play by Gudas, after which you could clearly see him say "fuck me." Once we get scored on, we as a team completely lose our composure/focus, it's a going trend.

I think it's a different game if we get out of the first period tied or ahead. The psyche of this team is just ultra fragile right now.

When I say competitive, I'm of course not counting the second half of the game in which we might as well have already been on the flight home to Philly.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Hakstol also made a good point too saying that there's nothing else they can do but to continue working hard and doing the little things to try and be successful

He is right. There is only so much to work with on this roster. All you can do at this point is work hard.