• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2 - New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers(10-9-14): 7:00pm EST

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Playing Del Zotto you're counting on his partner to be a stud defensively. And Schenn was not last night. Hopefully he can improve. I actually think Coburn would be a real good partner for DZ. He's got the speed to recover for both of them and he's pretty stout defensively. Unfortunately that's off the table anyway.

I think there's a lot riding on the Schenn Bros right now. Both of them need to step up in a big way.

I would be nice if DelZotto himself played a little D so his partners aren't left out top dry on every shift. He cant play defense like he's a forward. Maybe it was just last nights game because we were down big early and hopefully that style he used last night doesn't become a habit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be nice if DelZotto himself played a little D so his partners aren't left out top dry on every shift. He cant play defense like he's a forward. Maybe it was just last nights game because we were down big early and hopefully that style he used last night doesn't become a habit.

He kinda does though. And that's my point. When you sign a guy like DZ that's what you're signing up for. He could have played a little better than that, sure, but that's the type of stuff his partner will have to cover up for over and over again. It's just the way he plays.

At this point the flyers have to take on guys that are somewhat 1 dimensional. They're either sound defensively, or they're puck movers / offensive dmen. Each one has it's pros and cons, but we have to deal with both.