• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 54 - New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers(2-13-16): 1:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
large.png vs.
large.png

Game Time: 1:00pm EST
Channel: CSN-PH
Venue: Wells Fargo Center

First Goal Prediction Standings:
flyersfan4706 - 10
Cobiemonster - 5
Maverick426h - 3
awaz - 3
lasgop8 - 2
wbon22 - 2
WOOTPOKER - 2
chy1127 - 2
dspice07 - 1
banditshcky11 - 1
4thstreet - 1
FlyerFinFan - 1
mall3013 - 0
EVille3 - 0
shrike19 - 0

Links:
New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers - February 13th, 2016

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early prediction: Brayden Schenn

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First goal: Ghostisbehere

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Simmonds. He's scorching hot lately, especially on home ice. He is actually on pace for 31 goals right now, which would be a career high through 8 seasons of play. I wouldn't bet against him getting there either...

This is a monumental game. What more can be said? If we have ANY intentions AT ALL of making the playoffs, this is a game that we MUST win in our building.

Win this game in regulation and we really put the heat on NJ come Tuesday night in the rematch.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's not too late for a Flyer to score the teams first goal....sadly the Devils appear to have started the game a bit earlier than the Flyers did.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it my imagination or are the Devils just a lot more physical?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect opportunity to give Morin a taste

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect opportunity to give Morin a taste

A-Mac is called up

MDZ was one of the few bright spots too, unfortunate that he's out - but maybe people will realize now that this isn't a playoff team and that they can get a higher pick now - they sure aren't going to be any better without MDZ now

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Mac is called up

MDZ was one of the few bright spots too, unfortunate that he's out - but maybe people will realize now that this isn't a playoff team and that they can get a higher pick now - they sure aren't going to be any better without MDZ now

Really wish a kid could have gotten a shot over A-Mac. We're just about dead in the water, especially with Couturier and MDZ out long term. Might as well let Morin dabble with some NHL games since this season is about gone anyway.

It is a shame that injuries caught up to us. Rolling healthy I truly think we could have stolen a round. Unless there is a quick come back by Couturier or G/Jake start blowing up we should have our eyes set on the draft. Hell, maybe we win one of the three lottery picks.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish a kid could have gotten a shot over A-Mac. We're just about dead in the water, especially with Couturier and MDZ out long term. Might as well let Morin dabble with some NHL games since this season is about gone anyway.

It is a shame that injuries caught up to us. Rolling healthy I truly think we could have stolen a round. Unless there is a quick come back by Couturier or G/Jake start blowing up we should have our eyes set on the draft. Hell, maybe we win one of the three lottery picks.

I'm not sure they would have made the playoffs let alone winning a round - their depth up front isn't good enough even with Couts healthy - they get no scoring from the 4th line and not much more from the 3rd line and you can't win that way if you expect to be a playoff team

Islanders are getting hot and healthy and New Jersey won't go away with their goaltending, so I think it would have been tough even if they were playing well

Besides, I don't trust this team especially against teams that they should beat - they've shown way too often that they can't beat the teams that are at or below their level

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure they would have made the playoffs let alone winning a round - their depth up front isn't good enough even with Couts healthy - they get no scoring from the 4th line and not much more from the 3rd line and you can't win that way if you expect to be a playoff team

Islanders are getting hot and healthy and New Jersey won't go away with their goaltending, so I think it would have been tough even if they were playing well

Besides, I don't trust this team especially against teams that they should beat - they've shown way too often that they can't beat the teams that are at or below their level

The brief moments where we had a rolling top 6 and a working defense just looked too promising to me. I don't think we would have swept anyone but I do think a healthy Flyers could have pulled out a series in 7 games. The way I look at it we're "only" 10 points out of 2nd in the Metro. Who know where we'd end up with Couturier playing at a PPG like he had been. Only team I'd guarantee we'd lose to is Washington. NYR and Tampa I'd be worried about, but at our recent peak I wouldn't have been completely discouraged.

Either way, we need to embrace where we are now. Really hate seeing us flounder in the middle.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brief moments where we had a rolling top 6 and a working defense just looked too promising to me. I don't think we would have swept anyone but I do think a healthy Flyers could have pulled out a series in 7 games. The way I look at it we're "only" 10 points out of 2nd in the Metro. Who know where we'd end up with Couturier playing at a PPG like he had been. Only team I'd guarantee we'd lose to is Washington. NYR and Tampa I'd be worried about, but at our recent peak I wouldn't have been completely discouraged.

Either way, we need to embrace where we are now. Really hate seeing us flounder in the middle.

Tampa would have taken it to us and the Rangers, as up and down as they are in the regular season, always seem to turn it up in the playoffs and until they can beat Hank in a series, I would not be the one to bet on it

Also, I don't think they would have fared well against a team like the Panthers - Sasha Barkov is one of the best two ways in the league and he would have shut down G and Jake imo

Playoffs are a whole different beast and a lot of teams in this league have gone on semi-hot surges like the Flyers - it's a long season and teams catch each other when they're in spells, but once the playoffs begin, yes, anything can happen, but the playoffs are also a different style and a different mindset

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to have to say this, but we got completely fucked by the referees in this one. They let a lot of would-be penalties (on the Devils) go in the third period while we were rolling and then they call a cheap one on us in the OT to give them a 4 on 3.

In a game of this magnitude, if you're going to swallow your whistles late, then do it for good. The value of that second point was so high that words cannot even explain it.