• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #14 - Sugar Bowl, VT vs. Michigan

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you guys aren't pumped to watch the game. Its the last time we see our guys play for 8 months. The last time we ever see some of these guys play. Get pumped and enjoy the game because you love football. There will be some great plays by both teams tonight so enjoy witnessing those. 8 months of crowd silence for the Hokie Faithful. 8 months of watching recruiting boards instead of watching the recruits we followed the last few years. Forget all the hype, forget all the drama of bowl season and just have fun watching our guys. This is it for 8 months. Enjoy

I mean yea... I have plans to watch the game. But I'm with wildturkey... I was more raging to beat Miami, Clemson (GFD it all), GT, Party at the UVA and UNC than I am about beating a "meh" Michigan team. All this "Tech doesn't deserve to be there" talk will still be there even when we beat Michigan. They're not that great either. So... just not much to play for.

But of course, it's Tech. I'd watch Tech play chess if it was on TV... and I could drink before, during and after. I'm in.

I also like/watch basketball... which gets me through to the annual March snub. So for me it's more like 5 months until the August practice hype machine starts up again.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the March-April NFL draft... which is now an annual event for any and all Hokie football fans.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm excited to see us play another respected opponent. The game itself doesn't mean much in the big picture, but its a great change up. People complain about bowl games not meaning anything, but these are no less meaningful than most other games in any given season. For example: Boise St. vs Georgia. It was great match up at game time. We all thought it would have huge implications. In hindsight, it didn't change either's fortune of a conference or national title, and didn't change either's fortune of a BCS at-large bid. Yes, it brought Boise St some publicity, a slightly higher ranking, and perhaps changed the minds of a few doubters, but no more so than the victor tonight will receive.

We've never had the opportunity to play Michigan, and as things currently stand, we will rarely play them again. It's a great change up to the teams we've played this season. In the past, playing a mediocre TAMU team in a hurricane didn't stop us from enjoying the Hokies. When we were down in the final minutes against a good but not great Nebraska team, we all stayed and saw an incredible finish. Finally, when we saw our defense being run off the field against a bad Miami team this year, it didn't stop us from making the earth move.

Sometimes the big picture doesn't matter. Sometimes it's just about the moment. I say embrace tonight, because all we have tomorrow is memories, just like our seniors. Tonight, our alma mater, our fellow students, our Commonwealth, and/or our favorite team, takes the field one last time. One last time for themselves and for us.

GO HOKIES!

Michigan Hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looking forward to the game! I work in Ann Arbor and live nearby. The Michigan fans have been pretty good in this area but all are expecting Mich to win.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WE NEED THIS WIN. BAD. We have to make a statement to recruits, the media, and our players that we CAN not only hang with, but BEAT the elite programs in this league.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited to see us play another respected opponent. The game itself doesn't mean much in the big picture, but its a great change up. People complain about bowl games not meaning anything, but these are no less meaningful than most other games in any given season. For example: Boise St. vs Georgia. It was great match up at game time. We all thought it would have huge implications. In hindsight, it didn't change either's fortune of a conference or national title, and didn't change either's fortune of a BCS at-large bid. Yes, it brought Boise St some publicity, a slightly higher ranking, and perhaps changed the minds of a few doubters, but no more so than the victor tonight will receive.

We've never had the opportunity to play Michigan, and as things currently stand, we will rarely play them again. It's a great change up to the teams we've played this season. In the past, playing a mediocre TAMU team in a hurricane didn't stop us from enjoying the Hokies. When we were down in the final minutes against a good but not great Nebraska team, we all stayed and saw an incredible finish. Finally, when we saw our defense being run off the field against a bad Miami team this year, it didn't stop us from making the earth move.

Sometimes the big picture doesn't matter. Sometimes it's just about the moment. I say embrace tonight, because all we have tomorrow is memories, just like our seniors. Tonight, our alma mater, our fellow students, our Commonwealth, and/or our favorite team, takes the field one last time. One last time for themselves and for us.

GO HOKIES!

Do you write pregame speeches? :p

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree that this game doesn't mean alot in the big picture. It means alot, not just for our program but for Frank Beamer's legacy. Will he be known as a HOF coach who just couldn't ever win the big games when it counted the most?

This game means alot for recruiting, and for taking the next step in our program. If we don't start winning these games we aren't going to keep getting the benefit of the doubt like we did this time. And our fans will stop travelling as well. They are already tired of spending of thousands of dollars to lose.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

GO HOKIES!

REP X's 1000. Thats what im talking about right there^ that shit got me fired up!!!!!!!!

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen a team shoot itself in the dick as deliberately and repeatedly as we are doing in this game.

And who the Fuck is axem? Or askem or whatever name they trying to convince us is Exum (pronounced "X um" of course)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to execute. We haven't been all night when we needed to. Defense has been stellar so far IMO.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Jayron is playing well tonight. He got robbed of a int on that BS interference call and just missed the first one. He is playing like he did when healthy which i think means he will leave.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am losing faith in our special teams. You can't call time out and then try and fake it.