• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #14 - Sugar Bowl, VT vs. Michigan

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's gameday. How do you see it going down?

Talent wise, I think we should win but honestly, I have zero confidence in Beamer's ability to prepare a team for a big national level game. I've been burnt too many times in the past. I just hope we don't get taken to the woodshed like last year in the Orange Bowl. We'll see. I'm in "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" mode

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else kinda "meh" about this game? Like me?

I might get rep'ed down for this, but my give-shit-meter is oscillating above/below "two shits".

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not as excited as i typically am for games...maybe it has something to do with it being a tuesday night, having to work all day, and work tomorrow...maybe its like wildturkey said, hoping for the best but prepared for the worst...i dont know

youmadbro™

There's always next year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gonna be a heck of a matchup between Thomas and Robinson.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im not as excited as i typically am for games...maybe it has something to do with it being a tuesday night, having to work all day, and work tomorrow...maybe its like wildturkey said, hoping for the best but prepared for the worst...i dont know

Beamer has to prove to me he can consistently win these type of games, which he has yet to do. I'm excited about this game, but not optimistic. I still have a sour taste in my mouth after the ACCCG.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
twitter rumor is that Robinson tweaked his ankle this week in practice, don't know if it is true or not if you all want to dig and find out...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might get rep'ed down for this, but my give-shit-meter is oscillating above/below "two shits".

this is where i am too.. i actually didnt remember game was tonight until i got to work and my co-worker (USCe alum) reminded me.. stupid winter classic distracting me.. embarassing :redface:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Foster said:
"I'm really kind of agitated about it, to be honest with you," Foster said. "Everybody is talking about us, but Michigan is ranked lower than we are. Nobody is saying crap about them when it's all said and done. Instead of talking about how we've made it, and we're an up-and-coming football program, a young, exciting team. Instead of talking about that, all they're doing is bitching we got in the bowl game. There have been other years we probably deserved to go and we didn't go. And so it just -- it's just agitating, it really is. It's a shame for the kids. Here you've got people that half of them don't even know what the hell they're talking about, but that's what it is. I'm agitated at all media personnel right now. It just pissed me off, to be honest with you. It just pissed me off. Excuse my language, but it did."

Sugar Bowl -- Virginia Tech Hokies out to prove they still belong -- college football - ESPN

God DAMN I love Bud Foster.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where i am too.. i actually didnt remember game was tonight until i got to work and my co-worker (USCe alum) reminded me.. stupid winter classic distracting me.. embarassing :redface:

I was rooting for both teams to lose that game being a Caps fan myself. In the end I was sorta rooting for the Flyers just because they're the home team. Only one home team has won the Water Classic.

Rep'ed Taz. Nice find. Now I'm starting to get fired up.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for both teams to lose that game being a Caps fan myself. In the end I was sorta rooting for the Flyers just because they're the home team. Only one home team has won the Water Classic.

And it wasn't last year. :dance::hockeysmile::clap2:

:finger: Penguins!!

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you guys aren't pumped to watch the game. Its the last time we see our guys play for 8 months. The last time we ever see some of these guys play. Get pumped and enjoy the game because you love football. There will be some great plays by both teams tonight so enjoy witnessing those. 8 months of crowd silence for the Hokie Faithful. 8 months of watching recruiting boards instead of watching the recruits we followed the last few years. Forget all the hype, forget all the drama of bowl season and just have fun watching our guys. This is it for 8 months. Enjoy

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you guys aren't pumped to watch the game. Its the last time we see our guys play for 8 months. The last time we ever see some of these guys play. Get pumped and enjoy the game because you love football. There will be some great plays by both teams tonight so enjoy witnessing those. 8 months of crowd silence for the Hokie Faithful. 8 months of watching recruiting boards instead of watching the recruits we followed the last few years. Forget all the hype, forget all the drama of bowl season and just have fun watching our guys. This is it for 8 months. Enjoy

i'm just worried about it i guess.. i dont wanna get my hopes up.. the ACC championship loss was really demoralizing

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, you know how Suh got pissed off because Green Bay offensive linemen untied his shoes. How about everytime we get Robinson on the ground, we tie his shoes.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, you know how Suh got pissed off because Green Bay offensive linemen untied his shoes. How about everytime we get Robinson on the ground, we tie his shoes.

Tie them together and watch him fall over trying to hurry back to the huddle.

A side note, a kid (student fan) at one of our high school games got ejected for tying an opponent's shoes together when he was standing for the ref to hand him the ball to inbound it. funniest thing ive seen at a sporting event.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really care all that much because its a bowl game. I've never been a fan of bowl games because I think they are meaningless. I didn't even watch the Rose Bowl. I just don't care that much. I watch the title game for obvious reasons and our game because I'll watch VT no matter what. But honestly, I get more worked up regular season games than this.

BTW, I saw College Football Live today and McShay was talking about pro prospects for both teams. After talking about Wilson being the #2 RB overall, he showed that he's caught Coale Fever just like us. Paraphrasing his words "I LOVE Danny Coale. I see him as a 4th or 5th round pick that has a chance to turn a lot of heads at the next level".