• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future looks extremely bright for the Huskies

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite a 6-6 season, I feel that this season has been a huge success.

UW managed to go 6-6 with underclassmen at nearly every position, a true freshman at QB, HB and LT and managed to continue playing top tier defense despite losing a ridiculous amount of talent to the draft.

The team has shown great improvement on a week by week basis, especially Jake Browning, to the point where I believe had the team been playing like this at the beginning of the year, we'd be having a much different conversation about the Huskies than we are right now. I'd go as far as to say that this team can compete for the Pac-12 title next year.

Can't wait for the next few years.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite a 6-6 season, I feel that this season has been a huge success.

UW managed to go 6-6 with underclassmen at nearly every position, a true freshman at QB, HB and LT and managed to continue playing top tier defense despite losing a ridiculous amount of talent to the draft.

The team has shown great improvement on a week by week basis, especially Jake Browning, to the point where I believe had the team been playing like this at the beginning of the year, we'd be having a much different conversation about the Huskies than we are right now. I'd go as far as to say that this team can compete for the Pac-12 title next year.

Can't wait for the next few years.
Yeah, good stuff. :suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said elsewhere, UW looks really good on paper for next year. Obviously they need to avoid the off season injuries like Ross had this year and weird shit can happen, but outside of that you can't help but be jacked for the '16 campaign.

Oregon is losing their OC and QB. Lockie is expected to be the next man up. Please can we get Oregon like week 4. Make that happen football gods!

Stanford will be breaking in a new QB themselves. They will still have the best athlete in the conference in McCaffrey, but I'd like our chances against them more with a shaky/unproven kid under center.

Cal may be losing their HC and probably their QB.

Cougs are looking like the biggest threat next year, at least on paper. AC could be a huge game.

Still not sold that Smith is the guy to lead that offense to where it needs to be and it would be nice if they had more than Ross and maybe Pettis as any kind of real threats, but you feel damned good about that defense going in. Good luck with any rookie QB's getting scores on that team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting go of their WR coach is another great sign. That unit was a bit of a mess this year and it's awesome to see Petersen willing to make tough decisions and make moves to improve any problem spots on the team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said elsewhere, UW looks really good on paper for next year. Obviously they need to avoid the off season injuries like Ross had this year and weird shit can happen, but outside of that you can't help but be jacked for the '16 campaign.

Oregon is losing their OC and QB. Lockie is expected to be the next man up. Please can we get Oregon like week 4. Make that happen football gods!

Stanford will be breaking in a new QB themselves. They will still have the best athlete in the conference in McCaffrey, but I'd like our chances against them more with a shaky/unproven kid under center.

Cal may be losing their HC and probably their QB.

Cougs are looking like the biggest threat next year, at least on paper. AC could be a huge game.

Still not sold that Smith is the guy to lead that offense to where it needs to be and it would be nice if they had more than Ross and maybe Pettis as any kind of real threats, but you feel damned good about that defense going in. Good luck with any rookie QB's getting scores on that team.

Going forward I think the Huskies will have the possibility to have the best one of the best defenses in the country next year. The amount of talent leaving is somewhat negligible due to the fact that there is so much improvement that a lot of these guys will have over the course of another offseason of practices, weight lifting, etc. I'd be surprised if the defense next year isn't better than it has been this year.

On offense, the Huskies really got things rolling over the course of the year. There were some serious moments of inconsistencies (see the ASU game where UW moved the ball at will and just didn't finish drives with points), but there was serious improvement seen over the course of the season.

My bigger concern is at WR. Can we please get some guys in there who can catch and/or block, at least one of the two please. With how frequently Smith likes to run those cute little bubble screens, you at least need guys who can block for them.

I do agree about Smith. I wish he would go. That being said, I hope/believe that the talent on offense will be able to compensate for poor play calling and design. Take Bevell for example, not nearly as bad as Smith, but pretty mediocre, but the talent on the Seahawks roster helps compensate for his shortcomings.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward I think the Huskies will have the possibility to have the best one of the best defenses in the country next year. The amount of talent leaving is somewhat negligible due to the fact that there is so much improvement that a lot of these guys will have over the course of another offseason of practices, weight lifting, etc. I'd be surprised if the defense next year isn't better than it has been this year.

On offense, the Huskies really got things rolling over the course of the year. There were some serious moments of inconsistencies (see the ASU game where UW moved the ball at will and just didn't finish drives with points), but there was serious improvement seen over the course of the season.

My bigger concern is at WR. Can we please get some guys in there who can catch and/or block, at least one of the two please. With how frequently Smith likes to run those cute little bubble screens, you at least need guys who can block for them.

I do agree about Smith. I wish he would go. That being said, I hope/believe that the talent on offense will be able to compensate for poor play calling and design. Take Bevell for example, not nearly as bad as Smith, but pretty mediocre, but the talent on the Seahawks roster helps compensate for his shortcomings.
Firing the WR coach was a sign that the coaching knows they need to seriously step up this area. I'd expect a lot of improvement. It isn't just blocking, but there were way too many dropped balls by experienced guys, poor routes, and a lack of sharp technique.

You don't fire your WR coach unless you want to make a major emphasis change in that unit. With Ross, Pettis, McClatcher, and Lenius, they have pieces to work with.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing the WR coach was a sign that the coaching knows they need to seriously step up this area. I'd expect a lot of improvement. It isn't just blocking, but there were way too many dropped balls by experienced guys, poor routes, and a lack of sharp technique.

You don't fire your WR coach unless you want to make a major emphasis change in that unit. With Ross, Pettis, McClatcher, and Lenius, they have pieces to work with.

I'm interested to see how they try to work McClatcher into the offense. He has a really unique skillset that could make some really interesting ways to create problems for defenses. The same applies with Ross, his return will be nice but he's still a pretty one dimensional player.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Ross' speed and Brownings arm? That's going to be freaking crazy to watch. Same with Chico. Get those guys on the same page as our QB and those home run TD's will start pouring in.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it will happen next year, but I do believe the streak against Oregon will end during Browning's tenure at QB. Hopefully the streak against ASU as well, but I'm not sure how often they play them the next few years.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it will happen next year, but I do believe the streak against Oregon will end during Browning's tenure at QB. Hopefully the streak against ASU as well, but I'm not sure how often they play them the next few years.
We get Oregon on the road and ASU at home next year. Get Oregon early enough and it for sure should be the end of that era.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they moved forward a ton this year with the young players, it actually puts them in a better position for next year and these close games will be better for the Dawgs, less pressure and they can pull some huge upsets next year....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl win will be the icing on the cake of a very productive season for Washington. I took a couple of the losses hard this year, but overall, at least I was left with way more positive than negative to look back at 2015. Browning did an impressive job as a freshman, along with all the other young players. Gaskin was a pleasant surprise. The defense was amazing. So great to see the discipline on the field with very few dumb penalties.

Will expect the next level in 2016, but I'd say it was a productive year for the program and your really seeing the development on display. Petersen is the right guy for the Washington job. And boy did we end up with the better end of the deal two years ago.

We are primed for great things going forward. You can help but feel the positive vibes coming from the program. Moving upward.

Woof!!!