• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fresh start or speeding towards ugly divorce?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year isnt the year to draft a qb . the type we want isnt there .

better off shoring up the LOS on both sides of the ball and getting some secondary help the blow a pick on a qb who probably wont be an answer

i would play mccoy next season with KC as the back up if Rg3 cant get his head on straight

to me , mccoy at this point is what the team needs . a guy who can run the offense , has some pocket presence , and has mobility

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see what RG3's trade value would be. This guy is becoming a coach killer.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Gruden got repremanded by the owner or the GM for his honest criticism of Griffin, then its a safe bet he is already on the hot seat. And that does not bode well for the team. As Dean said, if Gruden gets fired or leaves at the end of the season, Griffin officially gets branded a coach killer. And the only guy they could get to replace Gruden at that point with out insanely over paying would be Jim Fassell or Raheem Morris. Or perish the thought... Haslett.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Gruden got repremanded by the owner or the GM for his honest criticism of Griffin, then its a safe bet he is already on the hot seat. And that does not bode well for the team. As Dean said, if Gruden gets fired or leaves at the end of the season, Griffin officially gets branded a coach killer. And the only guy they could get to replace Gruden at that point with out insanely over paying would be Jim Fassell or Raheem Morris. Or perish the thought... Haslett.

if snyder and/or allen fire gruden before he gets a fair shake (mine is 3 years ) then we are heading to oblivion as a team and it would be definitive proof that snyder i s deeply involved in team operations

Rg3 would lose the team because he would rightfully be branded as a coach killer and everything he has said would be a straight up lie

no coach in their right mind would take this job if gruden is forced out because he publicly bitch slapped his qb for his play

hell gruden said this about dalton almost verbatim a few years ago and he didnt get fired

a coach has to be able to coach as he sees fit

and again i think gruden was also talking to snyder as well when he bashed Rg3 in public and snyder should take heed

dalton responded positively to his being dressed down so hopefully Rg3 will too

and gruden is right to do what he did and stamp out all the BS drama

KSD asked me why i thought gruden was the right guy . well this is one example as to why

this team , locker room and FO needs a huge godzilla size can of disinfectant because they shoot themselves with BS drama most of which is unneeded and preventable

we need to evaluate our players , get gruden the pieces he wants and needs to run HIS type of team and by year 3 he should deliver the goods

if they shottenhiemer him then we are set back again for another decade because we will never get the right kind of people to come here

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if snyder and/or allen fire gruden before he gets a fair shake (mine is 3 years ) then we are heading to oblivion as a team and it would be definitive proof that snyder i s deeply involved in team operations

Rg3 would lose the team because he would rightfully be branded as a coach killer and everything he has said would be a straight up lie

no coach in their right mind would take this job if gruden is forced out because he publicly bitch slapped his qb for his play

hell gruden said this about dalton almost verbatim a few years ago and he didnt get fired

a coach has to be able to coach as he sees fit

and again i think gruden was also talking to snyder as well when he bashed Rg3 in public and snyder should take heed

dalton responded positively to his being dressed down so hopefully Rg3 will too

and gruden is right to do what he did and stamp out all the BS drama

KSD asked me why i thought gruden was the right guy . well this is one example as to why

this team , locker room and FO needs a huge godzilla size can of disinfectant because they shoot themselves with BS drama most of which is unneeded and preventable

we need to evaluate our players , get gruden the pieces he wants and needs to run HIS type of team and by year 3 he should deliver the goods

if they shottenhiemer him then we are set back again for another decade because we will never get the right kind of people to come here

Gruden's dressing down of RGIII was one of the first things I've liked about Jay's coaching here. I was a little disappointed that he walked himself back afterwards, but I think he said what needed to be said at the time.

We'll see how RGIII responds to this week of bad press.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year isnt the year to draft a qb . the type we want isnt there .

better off shoring up the LOS on both sides of the ball and getting some secondary help the blow a pick on a qb who probably wont be an answer

i would play mccoy next season with KC as the back up if Rg3 cant get his head on straight

to me , mccoy at this point is what the team needs . a guy who can run the offense , has some pocket presence , and has mobility
. I would take nick marshell or cato

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dad. We might spend a late round pick on a developmental QB, but our QB of the future isn't coming from this draft. The talent just isn't there this year. My prediction is that we go into 2015 with an open competition at QB between RG3, KC, Colt, and any other QB FA out there that wants a chance at starting. I also predict that KC wins the job.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. I would take nick marshell or cato

Are you serious? After everything that they have gone through with RG3 you are advocating replacing him with someone like Marshall who is very similar in many respects. Maybe I am wrong. If so - please show me how Marshall is significantly different than RG3 in his playing style. He is also even smaller than RG3.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like it when the coach dresses down the players in public, and this is hardly the first time he's done it, there is also a reason it's never been done before. He had to backtrack, doubt anyone told him to do it.

As for his comments about it being more about Griffin than the team that's for a reason. As Griffin goes so goes the team. 2012 showed us that. So it is all about Griffin. It's always about the QB, just look at the Colts with Manning/Luck vs. Collins/Painter.

I would not waste a mid rounder on a QB. The odds of finding one there are off the charts where you can find a guard or LB there with much better odds. I agree with j, stay with the 3 we have now and see how it plays out.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would we draft a 4th round Qb and "develop him" for a year?? What are the odds that someone like that pans out when considering the pathetic job our scouting department has done??

I am with most of you guys. Open up the competition between the 3 scrubs we have and hopefully :pray: one of them turns into something.

BUT....if we totally shit the bed and somehow end up with a Top 3-4 pick. Don't be surprised if we go QB in the draft.... just saying..

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would we draft a 4th round Qb and "develop him" for a year?? What are the odds that someone like that pans out when considering the pathetic job our scouting department has done??

I am with most of you guys. Open up the competition between the 3 scrubs we have and hopefully :pray: one of them turns into something.

BUT....if we totally shit the bed and somehow end up with a Top 3-4 pick. Don't be surprised if we go QB in the draft.... just saying..

:doh: Oh boy - I hope that you are totally wrong with your last statement. However - given previous history it is certainly possible. If something like that were to happen then it would totally confirm that this team is nothing more than a toy for certain folks & perhaps beyond repair. The absolute last thing this team needs is a QB taken with a top 5 pick.

For now I will hope at a minimum that something like this does not occur. It would be nice as fans if we could experience more than a few good moments every season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I am wrong too. But I think it would certainly be possible depending on where we picked and who was there for the taking.

It is unfortunate that we are even in the position to even talk about this only 3 years into the RG3 era. But it is what it is. I am a firm believer that 3 years into a players career, you more or less know what you have. Can he (or Cousins, or McCoy) improve and be a quality starting QB in this league?? Sure... but all of my hope is lost that any of these guys will ever be much more than a game manager with a flash of greatness here or there.

And that is all fine and dandy if any of them could just turn into a very good (not great) QB that can make smart decisions, no turnovers, and great throws at times. But if we plan to win and be a playoff team/SB contender with ANY of the 3, then you better put a helluva running game and defense together.

And maybe country is on to something. If we can draft a QB (or 2) in the mid rounds every year for the next few years, eventually we have to hit on one of them, right?? This all of course while building the core of the team in rds 1-3 and FA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These patchwork moves won't fix the issues and Dan is not about to sell the team. Best bet for all concerned is to not put up any resistance to a move to LA. (insist on it) Then welcome an expansion team here in DC. It's psychologically abusive for fans of this team to constantly, year after miserable year to invest their money, time hearts and souls to a franchise who's ownership takes advantage of that type of loyalty.

With the advent of gaming venues and betting leagues there comes the method by which loyalties are rendered to the players rather than teams. Sure, people will continue to have favorite teams, but there could come a shift in how those loyalties are split when a favorite player who either give you an edge in fantasy or put cash in your pocket plays for another team.

So, let the divorce begin in earnest....Danny out of the DMV and onto LA is probably just a pipe dream.....but honestly, if the offer was lucrative enough to his bottom line, would it really surprise you if he accepted such a deal?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These patchwork moves won't fix the issues and Dan is not about to sell the team. Best bet for all concerned is to not put up any resistance to a move to LA. (insist on it) Then welcome an expansion team here in DC. It's psychologically abusive for fans of this team to constantly, year after miserable year to invest their money, time hearts and souls to a franchise who's ownership takes advantage of that type of loyalty.

With the advent of gaming venues and betting leagues there comes the method by which loyalties are rendered to the players rather than teams. Sure, people will continue to have favorite teams, but there could come a shift in how those loyalties are split when a favorite player who either give you an edge in fantasy or put cash in your pocket plays for another team.

So, let the divorce begin in earnest....Danny out of the DMV and onto LA is probably just a pipe dream.....but honestly, if the offer was lucrative enough to his bottom line, would it really surprise you if he accepted such a deal?

I see what you are saying, but that is a total dream....No way the NFL and owners would allow him to move the team from DC to LA.....when they make so much money where they are at now.....>there are way too many other teams struggeling with the income where they are...to make them stay , and allow the Skins to move........

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying, but that is a total dream....No way the NFL and owners would allow him to move the team from DC to LA.....when they make so much money where they are at now.....>there are way too many other teams struggeling with the income where they are...to make them stay , and allow the Skins to move........

I certainly hope that this whole thing is an attempt at sarcasm. Forget the $$ - Snyder is a lifelong DC area resident. Why in the world would he move the team elsewhere? Beyond that the LA area is not that lucrative in terms of potential NFL profits to warrant some insane type of purchase (ala the Clippers). If it were then there would already be a team in that area. For a variety of reasons the NFL does not work that well in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I said so in my post that it was a pipe dream, but you are more likely than not as I, a bit pleased at just the thought of finding a way to rid the team of its' current owner.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I said so in my post that it was a pipe dream, but you are more likely than not as I, a bit pleased at just the thought of finding a way to rid the team of its' current owner.

Sty... I have to wonder though do you want the owner gone more because he is fucking up the team, or because he refuses to change the team name???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... I have to wonder though do you want the owner gone more because he is fucking up the team, or because he refuses to change the team name???

I don't think that there are too many on this site who envy the day that Daniel Snyder is no longer associated with this organization. The name change is that delicious desert follows a great meal.