• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franzen, Datsyuk out sat; Bertuzzi questionable

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Wings might have Todd Bertuzzi vs. Maple Leafs; Chris Osgood's son born | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

There’s a small chance Bertuzzi, who has been battling a bad back, will play Saturday, when the Wings host the Toronto Maple Leafs at 7 p.m. Datsyuk (lower body) and Franzen (groin) are out. Jonathan Ericsson left practice early because he’s sick, and his status won’t be known until Saturday.

Franzen and Datsyuk both said they’re doing better and could be ready to play Monday, when the Wings host the Chicago Blackhawks.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pavel had a funny quote about how he was sick of watching games on TV. "I wanna be on television.."

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DETROIT -- Forward Todd Bertuzzi (sore back) and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (flu) will be in the lineup tonight for the Detroit Red Wings when they host the Toronto Maple Leafs (7 p.m., FSD).

Forward Jan Mursak has been reassigned to the Grand Rapids Griffins. Defenseman Ruslan Salei is scratched tonight, as Jakub Kindl goes back into the lineup.

Forwards Pavel Datsyuk (lower-body injury) and Johan Franzen (groin) are out, as expected, and remain day-to-day.

“It feels a lot better than what it was,'' Bertuzzi said.

The Red Wings will try to snap a three-game winless streak (0-2-1). The Leafs have won three in a row.

“Playing in the Western Conference and playing the same teams over and over again it gets kind of repetitive,'' Bertuzzi said. "So it'll be nice to (play Toronto). It'll enhance the enthusiasm in this room.

“We want to make sure our game's at its best in all different areas -- PK, PP, defensively, our shot totals. Those are things we got to build upon.''

Here are the anticipated lines for the Red Wings:

Cleary-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Modano-Filppula-Holmstrom

Hudler-Abdelkader-Miller

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kindl-Kronwall

Howard (starting)

MacDonald

Rookie goaltender James Reimer has led the Leafs' push for a playoff spot, taking over the starting job about two months ago. He has won his last four starts and is 17-7-4, with a 2.51 goals-against average and .924 save percentage, which is tied for fourth in the NHL.

"They've gone on a run with him,'' Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "Now, my thing with goalies is always the test of time. So not only so you got to do it for one year or two years, you got to do it over time. And as the shooters get to know you and we get to know you we get a better report. And our report is going to be based on what little we've seen and it's not enough.''

Former Red Wings defenseman Brett Lebda, who signed a two-year free-agent contract with Toronto in the offseason, will be in the lineup. Lebda has been a healthy scratch in 30 games. He has one goal, three assists and a minus-14 rating in 40 games.

Here are Toronto's anticipated lines:

Nikolai Kulemin-Mikhail Grabovski-Clarke MacArthur

Joffrey Lupul-Tyler Bozak-Phil Kessel

Darryl Boyce-Nazem Kadri-Joey Crabb

Fredrik Sjostrom-Tim Brent-Mike Brown

Keith Aulie-Dion Phaneuf

Carl Gunnarsson-Luke Schenn

Mike Komisarek-Brett Lebda

James Reimer (starting)

Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Toronto Globe and Mail

"Detroit is an incredibly talented and dangerous team, so it's nice to have at least one player you don't need to watch game tape on", said Toronto forward Tyler Bozak. "I've struggled to score a lot this year, so I just need to make sure I'm in the attack zone and I stay open for a pass when Ericsson has the puck. I'll probably just hang out by the crease and hope he sends it my way".

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pavel had a funny quote about how he was sick of watching games on TV. "I wanna be on television.."

yea i saw that too lol. pavs has a great sense of humor