• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FORD ECOBOOST 400

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly2vuzs1-As]Vintage 1960's NASCAR Stock Car clips - YouTube[/ame]

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The race today was fixed IMO.

Grats to Harvick, glad it wasn't Logano.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we can go back through time and cherry pick a lot of great races, but there were a lot of sleepers. I can remember before plate racing when a two car draft could break away and lap the field. I can recall many races when there were only a handful of cars on the lead lap. It goes both ways. It's just racing. Things change whether we like them or not.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the drivers meeting, apparently Nascar was giving double speak with things like "let the race play out naturally" and such.

It was all rigged like a WWE match. Wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that the teams were allowed to do things to their cars in order to be a little faster than other cars.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we can go back through time and cherry pick a lot of great races, but there were a lot of sleepers. I can remember before plate racing when a two car draft could break away and lap the field. I can recall many races when there were only a handful of cars on the lead lap. It goes both ways. It's just racing. Things change whether we like them or not.

I went back that far as more of an extreme. Back in the 60's, it was crazy just to watch a car go around the track with those tiny tires and all that. From that point it's been slowly getting away from that, and more towards what we have now.

If we could just get back more towards the 90's or 80's I'd be happy. I like fuel mileage wins, I like it when 1 or 2 cars can break away and lap the field. Variety and such.

I want to see less dependance on aero and more about mechanical grip, and I am so sick and tired of the "show" Nascar tries to create. It needs to be about the racing is my point, because it's really not anymore.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch to successfully complete my pact of not watching any of the absolutely retarded Chase.

I am stunned, STUNNED, to read comments here, Twitter, and elsewhere that there appears to be mass shenanigans happening on NASCAR's part. <sarcasm>

I went back that far as more of an extreme. Back in the 60's, it was crazy just to watch a car go around the track with those tiny tires and all that. From that point it's been slowly getting away from that, and more towards what we have now.

If we could just get back more towards the 90's or 80's I'd be happy. I like fuel mileage wins, I like it when 1 or 2 cars can break away and lap the field. Variety and such.

I want to see less dependance on aero and more about mechanical grip, and I am so sick and tired of the "show" Nascar tries to create. It needs to be about the racing is my point, because it's really not anymore.

FWIW, if they don't fuck with the rules package anymore, the announced rules they have so far will likely equate much of that. They've put tapered spacers in to cut the HP back (bullshit imo) and also cut back the spoiler and took away some of the body manipulation to take away downforce. There hasn't been much testing yet but I believe the car will race much like the NW cars now since those cars have had less downforce and HP from the Cup cars. But its all for nothing so long as they keep The Chase format, especially this one.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch a single second of the race. But I listened to bits and pieces of it. I was pulling for Denny. But as long as Joey didn't win, I was alright. I'm not thrilled with Kevin. But what are you going to do.

From what I heard, it was a great race/:gaah:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch a single second of the race. But I listened to bits and pieces of it. I was pulling for Denny. But as long as Joey didn't win, I was alright. I'm not thrilled with Kevin. But what are you going to do.

I guess that's what happens when NASCAR issues directives to 39 other cars. *rimshot*

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not sold on the chase as is...but nascar lucked out today with all four near the lead for most of the race. and 1,2,3 late couldnt have been scripted any better for france. why did gordon drop back i missed what happened with him?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe finally show some respect to the man who won the championship and should have had more than 1 under his belt now.

Today is Harvick Day.

Lowtide_99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know where the pilots are from.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Happy Harvick, he did what he had to do to win. He was solid all year.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YEAH!!!

First time my favorite anything has won a championship since the 98 Denver Broncos, and first time I've experienced a championship when I'm old enough to enjoy it.

Great move on the second to last restart by Harvick to move from 7th to the lead.

I was cussing up a storm when Harvick pitted, but turns out it was a championship move.

This has been an up and down season for Harvick. He's had the most dominant car most of the season, but it seemed like he was snakebit and where he was once the closer, he would lose it in the end. He turned it around at the right time winning 3 Chase races including the final 2.

Ryan Newman fought hard as did the other contenders.

Logano's team blew it on a late pit stop and Hamlin couldn't get going on the final restart.

Congrats to Harvick and congrats to me.

I rarely drink on Sundays, but I've had a few celebratory Budweisers today.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for every race being exciting in the 60's, that race where Ned Jarrett won by 14 laps must have been a real nail biter.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am biased, but IMO, Harvick was the rightful champion this season. He was the car to beat in most every race this season.

Really looking at this season, I have to really question RCR's equipment. When Harvick was with RCR, he always had to come from the back to win earning him the closer nick name. I know Harvick would have been the run away champ in 2010 had it not been for the Chase, but had Harvick been in top equipment his entire career, I doubt this would have been his first championship.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might be the only person in the world not being paid by Joe Gibbs or a FedEx executive that was pulling for Denny Hamlin.

I was in the if Harvick can't win, anyone but Hamlin crowd.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knaus and Hendrick were summoned to the Nascar hauler for "disregarding a Nascar directive"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knaus-hendrick-officials-summoned-nascar-hauler-231500331--nascar.html

Chad Knaus in hot water for 'disobeying NASCAR directive' | FOX Sports

Yeah, this Nascar is great.

Sorry, count me out.

Why? No penalties were given or will be given out. The NASCAR official told the crew not to put on a wheel spacer, but they did it anyway. Not sure why the official told them not to. It's pretty common to be called to the hauler for disobeying an official.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for every race being exciting in the 60's, that race where Ned Jarrett won by 14 laps must have been a real nail biter.

Racing isn't just about the guy who wins or leads.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7e17p_i-gE"]1964 Southern 500 - YouTube[/ame]