• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For all you dickwads who thin Johnny Football is an asshole

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me its not what you do when the camera is on you that defines who you are, but more to what you do when its not. I see JF for who he is based on his personal life and the way he acts away from the spotlight, and he has been found lacking in character.

Could i be wrong, its not uncommon. Could JF be the type of attention whore who would tailor his moves when the camera is on to sway voters and the public to think he is a different person than he is, YES. I personally think he is the crafty showman who is good at manipulation and what you see on gameday in his actions with teammates is not who he really is. JMO

What has he done when the cameras were off? He played golf at Pebble Beach which pissed off alot of people because they'll never get to play there, he hung out with some boy band which pissed off the fags that will never hang out with a boy band, he sat courtside at an NBA game which pissed off all people who have never had good seats at a sporting event and he allegedly signed his autograph for money which I'm pretty sure is pretty tame compared to the rest of what's going on in CFB...I'll jump off the bandwagon once he starts killing people, freebasing heroin and raping women

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about JFF is that he is a fierce competitor. After the season is over he will have two choices:

Go to the NFL and maybe play on the scout team and stand around on the sideline on gameday
or
Make a championship run in college.

1. Huge QB Class going to the draft. Right now he is projected to go somewhere around No 11.

Other Projected QB's in the 2014 Draft
Bridgewater - Louisville
Mariota - Oregon
Hundley - UCLA
Murray - UGA
Boyd - Clemson
McCarron - Bama
Mettenburger - LSU
Carr - Fresno State
Morris - Miami
Russell - Miss State
Price - Washington
Thomas - VT
Shaw - SC
Franklin - Mizzou
Shit load more...

2. SEC is very senior-heavy at the QB position. JFF would be one of only a handful of returning QB's.

Next year we could face
SC without Shaw
Mizzou without Franklin
LSU without Mettenburger
Bama without McCarron
Miss State without Russell

It would be smart for him to stay but he is probably under a lot of pressure to stop risking his future paycheck by they way he plays in college. We have a freshman waiting behind him that is pretty good and a recruit coming in next year(Allen) that is an all-out stud. There are a lot of people who think that Allen could be a better QB than JFF.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont think he's an asshole.......

we all know he's an asshole........

because he is an asshole........

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about JFF is that he is a fierce competitor. After the season is over he will have two choices:

Go to the NFL and maybe play on the scout team and stand around on the sideline on gameday
or
Make a championship run in college.

1. Huge QB Class going to the draft. Right now he is projected to go somewhere around No 11.

Other Projected QB's in the 2014 Draft
Bridgewater - Louisville
Mariota - Oregon
Hundley - UCLA
Murray - UGA
Boyd - Clemson
McCarron - Bama
Mettenburger - LSU
Carr - Fresno State
Morris - Miami
Russell - Miss State
Price - Washington
Thomas - VT
Shaw - SC
Franklin - Mizzou
Shit load more...

2. SEC is very senior-heavy at the QB position. JFF would be one of only a handful of returning QB's.

Next year we could face
SC without Shaw
Mizzou without Franklin
LSU without Mettenburger
Bama without McCarron
Miss State without Russell

It would be smart for him to stay but he is probably under a lot of pressure to stop risking his future paycheck by they way he plays in college. We have a freshman waiting behind him that is pretty good and a recruit coming in next year(Allen) that is an all-out stud. There are a lot of people who think that Allen could be a better QB than JFF.

And he can actually charge people to sign autographs if he wants to without getting in trouble.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done when the cameras were off? He played golf at Pebble Beach which pissed off alot of people because they'll never get to play there, he hung out with some boy band which pissed off the fags that will never hang out with a boy band, he sat courtside at an NBA game which pissed off all people who have never had good seats at a sporting event and he allegedly signed his autograph for money which I'm pretty sure is pretty tame compared to the rest of what's going on in CFB...I'll jump off the bandwagon once he starts killing people, freebasing heroin and raping women

You'll wait until he commits real crimes to jump off his bandwagon, but not look at the character of the person and make a judgement, tells me alot about you.

What has he done in off the field? You listed his high profile stuff but failed to mention his incident with the law where he made the statement he couldnt wait to get away from college Station and basically insulted his fan base for a short time. His incident with getting asked to leave an important camp with the Manning's(football heaven for many QB's). His character has come into play many times and the things you listed where he was in the limelight shows its about feeding his ego, which speaks to his character.

Point in case and I throw this out as a speculation. AJ McCarron has three Title rings to his credit, two as a starter and he has the same publicity opportunities that JF does, but yet he turns 95% of them down due to his "team first" character. He actually did show up at a NASCAR race recently as part of a Publicity effort. That is the only thing he has done in four years at Alabama and he has certainly done some things note worthy in his career at Alabama. on the flip side we had JF who was in the news during this past offseason every time you turned around, feeding his ego.

As i stated it was my opinion, which you clearly stated yours. Apparently you dont think i am allowed to voice mine, which is a problem for me since mine to me is more important than yours is to me, much the same as you apparently feel about mine to you. My opinion, my rules and i gave a more accurate account of his off the field character by listing some things that were not such great moments for JF also.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He set a school record that day, like 464 yards passing

Yeah, and Tony Romo set a one game record for passing yards in Dallas as well.

Until he threw the pick at the end that gave it away.

All the passing yards and TD's in the world wont help you if you make that many mistakes. And he did.

His turnovers hurt the team in a big way.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really judging the kid...he's an amazing talent. I realize that people make mistakes (unless they are in Tuscaloosa)....I'd have a big problem if he was committing felonies....he's done nothing out of the ordinary that a normal college Kid does...the big difference is he can play some football so the media knows when he shits

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and Tony Romo set a one game record for passing yards in Dallas as well.

Until he threw the pick at the end that gave it away.

All the passing yards and TD's in the world wont help you if you make that many mistakes. And he did.

His turnovers hurt the team in a big way.

They lost by a TD because their defense couldn't keep BAMA out of the end zone...the one pick six was arguably a PI...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really judging the kid...he's an amazing talent. I realize that people make mistakes (unless they are in Tuscaloosa)....I'd have a big problem if he was committing felonies....he's done nothing out of the ordinary that a normal college does...the big difference is he can play some football so the media knows when he shits

I don't doubt that there are many in college football breaking laws and getting away with it.

When you're the media darling that he is, you have to be smarter than that. You have to know how to conduct yourself when you're in the spot light.

In the end, charging money for autographs is a minor offense and wont hurt his draft status one bit.

I think he's gone at the end of the year and he'll be drafted by some crap team like Jacksonville (he should go #1 over all) and start next year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll wait until he commits real crimes to jump off his bandwagon, but not look at the character of the person and make a judgement, tells me alot about you.

What has he done in off the field? You listed his high profile stuff but failed to mention his incident with the law where he made the statement he couldnt wait to get away from college Station and basically insulted his fan base for a short time. His incident with getting asked to leave an important camp with the Manning's(football heaven for many QB's). His character has come into play many times and the things you listed where he was in the limelight shows its about feeding his ego, which speaks to his character.

Point in case and I throw this out as a speculation. AJ McCarron has three Title rings to his credit, two as a starter and he has the same publicity opportunities that JF does, but yet he turns 95% of them down due to his "team first" character. He actually did show up at a NASCAR race recently as part of a Publicity effort. That is the only thing he has done in four years at Alabama and he has certainly done some things note worthy in his career at Alabama. on the flip side we had JF who was in the news during this past offseason every time you turned around, feeding his ego.

As i stated it was my opinion, which you clearly stated yours. Apparently you dont think i am allowed to voice mine, which is a problem for me since mine to me is more important than yours is to me, much the same as you apparently feel about mine to you. My opinion, my rules and i gave a more accurate account of his off the field character by listing some things that were not such great moments for JF also.

According to PEYTON MANNING who runs the camp Manziel wasn't asked to leave and he wants Manziel back next year.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really judging the kid...he's an amazing talent. I realize that people make mistakes (unless they are in Tuscaloosa)....I'd have a big problem if he was committing felonies....he's done nothing out of the ordinary that a normal college does...the big difference is he can play some football so the media knows when he shits

People in Tuscaloosa make mistakes too, but I gave you an excellent example of a kid with as much limelight possibilities as JF that has clearly chosen the correct path. I agree that kids make mistakes, but this one has shown he has some character flaws and his Ego rules him at times. You can even see it in his on field play when he lobs the ball up for grabs in situations where he should have thrown it away. I think he has a special talent, but its driven by his ego and if it were my money, i would take a more stable element with a track record for consistency and wins over the flash of an ego that could melt down at any moment. JMO

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heisman
Awarded for: The outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity.

Maxwell
Awarded for: College Player of the Year

somewhere along the lines the idiots who award these trophies totally lost their way. its not so much with JFB.......but cam newton, theres just no way you can say that the sportswriters got it right.