• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles is a new man

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is authentic, and afraid to tell of his struggles. He also shares his faith, unlike some who claim to be men of faith, but their lives don't show it.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he causes dissension in the locker room and the Eagles struggle this year.

J/k :suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he causes dissension in the locker room and the Eagles struggle this year.

J/k :suds:

Week 5 recap: The "struggling" 3-2 Eagles defeat the lowly 0-5 Vikings in a game that turned into the NFC Championship game all over again for Vikings fans everywhere...
:D

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you say are 2 or 3 points from the book, that are illuminating about him, the team, the coach or wentz that is a fresh or new perspective??

1) The importance of the bye week before the ATL game. He said thats when they sat down and looked at his plays from AR and Chip--mostly his plays when he threw the ball 15+ yards down field and incorporated those plays into the playbook. He realized he's more of a "scan and react" QB and that's when they brought in the RPOs for him. Prior to that he was Running Carson's O vs NYG, Oak and Dallas. He says he wished he had asked the Rams coaches to do the same--taylor to his strengths.

2) After the NFCCG win over the Vikings, Nick's agent booked a dinner for his extended family at DelFriscos...off Broad Street...where everyone was celebrating & the streets were closed. They parked as close as they could and Nick put on a skully and glasses and walked right through the crowd and nobody recognized him! Pretty cool considering!

3) He was offered about a dozen simple easy Endorsements during SB week and he turned them all down because he didn't want to be distracted during SB or during the game. He could have worn beats head phone or a specific skully--he would get paid W or L but he didn't want to be thinking about getting more for winning or less for losing during the game, so he rejected all of them

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Freamon.... nice tidbits... enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

We have a pretty amazing roster right now, and an absolutely incredible coach. It amazes me that so many of his strengths are Reid's weaknesses. What a difference.

Reading about Foles basketball days and such, I can definitely see that he is a react (streetball) player. I guess he proved, if you tailor things around that, it can still be successful. I still have a hard time seeing him having long term success. But I love how everything came together. A magical year. I hope Wentz gets his also and it doesn't become something that makes him 'try too hard' or get discouraged and becomes his mental downfall. wentz can be something really special. But I'm massively impressed with our Coach to adjust that way. What a great time to be an eagles fan!!!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be prepared.

ESPN and the like are going to come up with some bullshit story with unnamed sources to get a QB controversy going.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be prepared.

ESPN and the like are going to come up with some bullshit story with unnamed sources to get a QB controversy going.

It won't matter or affect these 2 guys or the team. Wentz, unlike big ben, was highly highly supportive of Foles throughout the playoffs. The coach and both of them share a friendship and similar faith. They work as a team, and nothing the media can say will distract either of them.

but yes, you are right, there are haters out there that just look to tear things down because it's easier and they cannot build anything themselves. It won't work against these two.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading about Foles basketball days and such, I can definitely see that he is a react (streetball) player. I guess he proved, if you tailor things around that, it can still be successful.
All those years...all those arguments...all those KFFL divisions & we were told it was impossible to be successful that way...Look who chipped up and look who still continues to struggle in the post season...
(We were right FFL Recruiter!)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before KFFL, were you with us on "Mouth off Sports"?

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick is still the man, he just trusts that God will take care of him as he takes the next step with integrity. He's aware he can be Sam Bradforded and is cool with that as well.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be prepared.

When Carson has his first bad series WIP will be lighting up with people saying to play Foles.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the real fans will. We're not stupid. I love Nick too, but Carson is The Man. A Blue Chip Super Star!