• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles is a new man

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the haircut the confidence in speaking his mind, this is awesome for Nick!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put yer dick away, Sparky, the man's married

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very happy for him. I always felt that a loss of confidence was the reason he struggled following his great 26-2 season. If he has that confidence back, sky's the limit for him.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is changing the way the QB position is played

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick is awesome! Glad he is an Eagle!

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm grateful to Foles for his place in PHI history. But he is not changing the way the position is being played. He couldn't handle the mental side of the game, the way Wentz excels at (who is made in much the way Peyton Manning approaches the game). Foles was fortunate to have a great coach who adjusted to his abilities and made him not have to think as much. The team came together, but this is far more on the study and adjustments of the coach. Some are giving Foles wayyy too much credit. how soon we forget about the final 3 games of the season, or Foles own words about admitting he gets too much into his head. He plays best, when he doesn't think about it and just plays. He is as polar opposite as Wentz is, as a player is. Confidence is one self is always a huge motivator and boost in performance. But it is not the whole picture. I would not want to depend on Foles for an entire season at all. There is simply nothing Foles does, that Wentz is not better and more consistent at.

Foles is setup to be a god in philly. Just as Jaws says, there is no one more loved in PHI than the backup QB. This will only make that worse now.

Last edited:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm grateful to Foles for his place in PHI history. But he is not changing the way the position is being played. He couldn't handle the mental side of the game, the way Wentz excels at (who is made in much the way Peyton Manning approaches the game). Foles was fortunate to have a great coach who adjusted to his abilities and made him not have to think as much. The team came together, but this is far more on the study and adjustments of the coach. Some are giving Foles wayyy too much credit. how soon we forget about the final 3 games of the season, or Foles own words about admitting he gets too much into his head. He plays best, when he doesn't think about it and just plays. He is as polar opposite as Wentz is, as a player is. Confidence is one self is always a huge motivator and boost in performance. But it is not the whole picture. I would not want to depend on Foles for an entire season at all. There is simply nothing Foles does, that Wentz is not better and more consistent at.

Foles is setup to be a god in philly. Just as Jaws says, there is no one more loved in PHI than the backup QB. This will only make that worse now.

Final 3 games of the season:

Giants: 24/38 237 4/0 (awful... just terrible)
Raiders: 19/38 163 1/1 (seriously bad game in a band wind. Derek Carr looked like shit too)
Cowboys: 4/11 3... oh wait, I don't give a fuck about a meaningless game

I forget, were you one of the guys calling for Nate Sudfeld to start the playoffs?

Nick is trade bait for the first team to lose a starter in pre-season. 1st round pick probably gets the job done.

But what do you really want the guy to say? "Start me or trade me"? Dude is saying all the right things and acting the right way.

Stop being so negative.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy, I was happy when we brought Foles in. I have no ill will against Foles. But I do, and have always, had an issue with the way many PHI fans begin to beatup on their starting QB and overload how wonderful the backup would be.

I'm very grateful for all Foles did in the playoffs, and I was a supporter of him staying here as a backup. Unless we got a 1st and 4th for him - I wanted to keep him. I think Pederson has been perfect in regards to dealing with the QBs and most of the personnel decisions.

To answer your question, I was in support of staring foles, but if he falted - starting Nate and going with the hot hand. I thought Nate showed more than Foles did, yes. But I also said, I trust Pederson because he sees them more in practice and would support whatever decision he made. Clearly, he made the right now.

I am not being negative, I am simply not a Foles ass kisser. I am keeping things in perspective. I have gone on record as saying, if Foles started the season, I don't think we would even make the playoffs. I simply don't think he is as good as some here seem to think. I think he caught fire at the right time, had tremendous support with Pederson and Wentz, and believed in himself like never before thanks to that support along with that of Dungy. Foles was in the right place, at the right time, and I'm forever grateful for what he did for this team. I will be getting a replica ring, and will have Foles name on it as well.

That said, I am a strong supporter of Wentz, and feel that Wentz is simply a better QB in every single aspect of the game. There is 0% QB controversy in my mind. Wentz has a better work ethic, better tactician, more athletic, more versatile, and is simply a superior QB. And it is going to be horrible to see any type of QB controversy develop here when we 1) just won our first SB, and 2) have the best QB we have ever had in franchise history. There is so much to be grateful for - and I can see the backup QB issues in PHI begin to tear this apart. I sincerely hope that doesn't become the case.

PS: You should have given a fuck about that last game, because while the win/loss was meaningless - how the QB played was not. We were trying to get Foles as much practice as we could and get him up to speed in preparation for the playoffs. You should have cared about 4/11 in that situation. IT wasn't about whether the win or loss mattered. Your eye wasn't on the ball. There was a reason Nate was put in, to see what we had in him, not to simply rest a ready-to-go Foles. Many forget just how much work Pederson put into tape research in the final 2 weeks leading up to the playoffs, and how they changed the offense to put Foles in the best situation to succeed. It all came together, and it's a damn good thing we had such a great coach at the helm. IT was truly a full team effort.

Foles is changing how the position is played??? Get real. Much more likely Pederson is changing how a HC approaches the game.

Last edited:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy, I was happy when we brought Foles in. I have no ill will against Foles. But I do, and have always, had an issue with the way many PHI fans begin to beatup on their starting QB and overload how wonderful the backup would be.

I'm very grateful for all Foles did in the playoffs, and I was a supporter of him staying here as a backup. Unless we got a 1st and 4th for him - I wanted to keep him. I think Pederson has been perfect in regards to dealing with the QBs and most of the personnel decisions.

To answer your question, I was in support of staring foles, but if he falted - starting Nate and going with the hot hand. I thought Nate showed more than Foles did, yes. But I also said, I trust Pederson because he sees them more in practice and would support whatever decision he made. Clearly, he made the right now.

I am not being negative, I am simply not a Foles ass kisser. I am keeping things in perspective. I have gone on record as saying, if Foles started the season, I don't think we would even make the playoffs. I simply don't think he is as good as some here seem to think. I think he caught fire at the right time, had tremendous support with Pederson and Wentz, and believed in himself like never before thanks to that support along with that of Dungy. Foles was in the right place, at the right time, and I'm forever grateful for what he did for this team. I will be getting a replica ring, and will have Foles name on it as well.

That said, I am a strong supporter of Wentz, and feel that Wentz is simply a better QB in every single aspect of the game. There is 0% QB controversy in my mind. Wentz has a better work ethic, better tactician, more athletic, more versatile, and is simply a superior QB. And it is going to be horrible to see any type of QB controversy develop here when we 1) just won our first SB, and 2) have the best QB we have ever had in franchise history. There is so much to be grateful for - and I can see the backup QB issues in PHI begin to tear this apart. I sincerely hope that doesn't become the case.

PS: You should have given a fuck about that last game, because while the win/loss was meaningless - how the QB played was not. We were trying to get Foles as much practice as we could and get him up to speed in preparation for the playoffs. You should have cared about 4/11 in that situation. IT wasn't about whether the win or loss mattered. Your eye wasn't on the ball. There was a reason Nate was put in, to see what we had in him, not to simply rest a ready-to-go Foles. Many forget just how much work Pederson put into tape research in the final 2 weeks leading up to the playoffs, and how they changed the offense to put Foles in the best situation to succeed. It all came together, and it's a damn good thing we had such a great coach at the helm. IT was truly a full team effort.

Foles is changing how the position is played??? Get real. Much more likely Pederson is changing how a HC approaches the game.

Nobody... and I mean NOBODY is saying that Foles is better than Wentz.

Nobody is saying Foles should start in front of a healthy Wentz.

If you think otherwise, get you head examined.

You are being negative. Negative in the thinking that the team can't deal with having a superbowl mvp as a backup. Negative in the thinking that the fans will have a reason to call for Foles to replace Wentz. Do you think Wentz is going to struggle? Did his poise in the pocket after he tore his knee give you some indication that a possibly useless leg has affected his ability to read a D or deliver the right throw?

You are also being negative in your thinking that a Foles led Eagles team doesn't make the playoffs. What is Foles record from last year? What is Foles record in games we were trying to win? Should we give partial credit for the Rams game?

The last game was meaningless. Sorry if you don't think that way, but the point of that game was for nobody to get hurt. You play Nate because you don't want your last hope for the playoffs getting hurt. If Wentz was healthy week 17, he would have played fewer snaps than Foles. The NFL should allow forfeits in situations like the game against Dallas because nobody cared.

I don't think your last statement was directed at me because I never said anything remotely close to that.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roy, no it was not directed at you. I do think your being overly critical in what you think is negative, vs simply critical thinking. I have always been against the backup is better at the QB position. It is such a part of so many PHI fans, and I have always hated that aspect. Jaws himself coined the phrase, no player is more loved than the backup QB in PHI. That coming from a starter - so what does that say? And I would hate to see that develop on Wentz, who is poised to be the best QB we have ever had, and may be one of the top in the NFL if he can sustain himself. I love his work ethic, and he reminds me of Ben's stature with Peyton's work ethic and more athletic than either of them. No body is saying it yet - but you can see it brewing - and the whole aspect that "Foles is changing the position????" comeon.

I absolutely believe Foles/Wentz can work together. I never said otherwise. Wentz showed incredible class in being a team player, and Nate even said how much they worked together and Wentz supported Foles - not only in words, but in preparation as well. All thru the off-season wentz has continued to go in and is the first person into the facilities. They seem to have a good friendship and I do not doubt they can work together. And I have 100% faith in Doug to use them both right and make good decisions as well. This is the best situation we have EVER been in - from both coaching and player. My only concern is fans. And I'm sorry if that is negative, but dealing with decades of it will make a person that way at times. I'm sorry if that comes across as negative, but it is certainly not meant to be towards the situation we have.

I like Foles. I was in favor of him returning. But I'm a firm believer that a healthy wentz is superior to Foles in absolutely every way. So we are in agreement there, and like you said, anyone saying otherwise should have their head examined. I just think there is going to be a lot of examinations needed. I have faith in Doug and this team. I just dont' think Foles is changing anything, and think he played above himself and it was a true Cinderella story.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roy, no it was not directed at you. I do think your being overly critical in what you think is negative, vs simply critical thinking. I have always been against the backup is better at the QB position. It is such a part of so many PHI fans, and I have always hated that aspect. Jaws himself coined the phrase, no player is more loved than the backup QB in PHI. That coming from a starter - so what does that say? And I would hate to see that develop on Wentz, who is poised to be the best QB we have ever had, and may be one of the top in the NFL if he can sustain himself. I love his work ethic, and he reminds me of Ben's stature with Peyton's work ethic and more athletic than either of them. No body is saying it yet - but you can see it brewing - and the whole aspect that "Foles is changing the position????" comeon.

I absolutely believe Foles/Wentz can work together. I never said otherwise. Wentz showed incredible class in being a team player, and Nate even said how much they worked together and Wentz supported Foles - not only in words, but in preparation as well. All thru the off-season wentz has continued to go in and is the first person into the facilities. They seem to have a good friendship and I do not doubt they can work together. And I have 100% faith in Doug to use them both right and make good decisions as well. This is the best situation we have EVER been in - from both coaching and player. My only concern is fans. And I'm sorry if that is negative, but dealing with decades of it will make a person that way at times. I'm sorry if that comes across as negative, but it is certainly not meant to be towards the situation we have.

I like Foles. I was in favor of him returning. But I'm a firm believer that a healthy wentz is superior to Foles in absolutely every way. So we are in agreement there, and like you said, anyone saying otherwise should have their head examined. I just think there is going to be a lot of examinations needed. I have faith in Doug and this team. I just dont' think Foles is changing anything, and think he played above himself and it was a true Cinderella story.

I have the benefit of not being inside the retarded Philly media bubble. Everybody in the philly media will need their head examined when they suggest Foles start over Wentz after our first loss just to sell copy or get clicks.

But what brings readers is rarely logical statements... its just easier for me to block that stuff out being many many hours away.

Wentz >>>>>> Foles >>>>> Sudfeld.

From all I've heard Nate can be a capable backup, but I'm all for keeping Foles on the team unless we get some ridiculous offer even if there is the possibility of fan or media created controversy. I highly doubt any of that noise will originate in the Eagles QB room.

But some team is going to lose their QB for the year by the end of pre-season and render this entire conversation useless.

I would also guess the statement made by the redskins fan was made facetiously...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick's book is a NYT bestseller. This guy is having a good year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the benefit of not being inside the retarded Philly media bubble. Everybody in the philly media will need their head examined when they suggest Foles start over Wentz after our first loss just to sell copy or get clicks.

But what brings readers is rarely logical statements... its just easier for me to block that stuff out being many many hours away.

Wentz >>>>>> Foles >>>>> Sudfeld.

From all I've heard Nate can be a capable backup, but I'm all for keeping Foles on the team unless we get some ridiculous offer even if there is the possibility of fan or media created controversy. I highly doubt any of that noise will originate in the Eagles QB room.

But some team is going to lose their QB for the year by the end of pre-season and render this entire conversation useless.

I would also guess the statement made by the redskins fan was made facetiously...

Ohhhhh...I love being out of the media bubble too!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 100%! And first fans that support it, made to root for DALLAS for the rest of the year.

That’s just cruel and unusual punishment. Possibly even violates the Geneva Convention. Lol

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't have too many good QBs. Doug has been proving that his whole time here.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought and read his book and it is fantastic. Seems like a guy that would be a great neighbor and a great friend.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought and read his book and it is fantastic. Seems like a guy that would be a great neighbor and a great friend.

What would you say are 2 or 3 points from the book, that are illuminating about him, the team, the coach or wentz that is a fresh or new perspective??