• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers trade Jon Matsumoto for...

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NHLFlyers: RT @nhl_canes: The Canes have traded their last scheduled pick (206) to Philadelphia for C Jon Matsumoto, who has played 4 seasons in AHL.

Awesome thanks for showing up Holmgren you're doing great!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats interesting.. except not really.. why trade a decent AHL guy for a what 7th round pick that won't go anywhere?

i gotta say i am let-down by the draft this year, i really thought homer would do something of note.. not just trade away the rights of a guy that never suited up for us

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHLFlyers: RT @nhl_canes: The Canes have traded their last scheduled pick (206) to Philadelphia for C Jon Matsumoto, who has played 4 seasons in AHL.

Awesome thanks for showing up Holmgren you're doing great!

I agree Chris, Homer is doing a not so wonderful Fucking job filling in the missing pieces to take us back to the cup. Even though we made a great run we need to get stronger. Yea he needs to really step it up!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this.....some kind of bad joke??

Joe Shit for Joe Fucking Nobody??!! :mad:

I'm sooo glad Homer came with his "A" game to this years draft and took care of things!!

wow..

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this.....some kind of bad joke??

Joe Shit for Joe Fucking Nobody??!! :mad:

I'm sooo glad Homer came with his "A" game to this years draft and took care of things!!

wow..

Hey any other rumors running amok? I mean can we trade our newly acquired 7th round draft pick for a sack of shit and a beer? I really hope there is something good working behind the scenes! So far this seems to just be a lot of BS so hoping something changes!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya SF! There better be something brewin or our whole draft team gets a big fat "F" this year.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matsumoto is a free agent. he was not going to make the flyers. apparently he is awful on defense.

I hear ya Scott, but it still pisses me off that Homer is not being a little more active... This is a good team right now and I think me and everyone else wants it to get better, just wondering what the Fuck? Maybe we are just panicking over nothing.. I hope!:confused:

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i knew nothing was going to happen. sometimes you just do not see the right deal. all the flyers need is a solid 5th defenseman and a goalie to be realistic.

i am getting impatient about a goalie though.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew nothing was going to happen. sometimes you just do not see the right deal. all the flyers need is a solid 5th defenseman and a goalie to be realistic.

i am getting impatient about a goalie though

Yes, this is my biggest hang up right now to!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! Holmgren didn't sell the farm again on the biggest name available but still has over 3 months to better the team!

Bunch of ungrateful bastards, the lot of ya.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! Holmgren didn't sell the farm again on the biggest name available but still has over 3 months to better the team!

Ha! Hey we just want to be a little spoiled! But you are right, at least he didn't give away the farm!:D

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't want him to sell the whole farm....just a one dimensional mule named Jeff Carter who's not needed here anymore. :)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
being a gm is not as easy as saying, o you have a good goalie prospect, well i have this 40 goal scorer. lets swap.

there are things we do not think of while saying what we want to happen. such as, contracts for the future. those young guys will need raises.

you also have to consider those prospects not panning out. sure if i say i want bernier and he does not turn out to do well then who cares. if homer trades carter for him or something and he is not good then he gets fired.

he has been a good gm since he started and i trust that he explored all options and will try to do what is best for our team. in fact, this team really thinks we have our future goalie now. backlund is better than we all think. he put up pretty good numbers on a bad phantoms team last year. bobrovski is a good young goalie from russia. and eriksson is a few years away from being a starter. why overpay for a young goalie now when we will have our own soon? in the mean time, just go out and get a proven goalie.

the more i think about this, the more i like it.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter should not have been traded and rightfully wasn't. He would not have gotten the return that he should have. He's either going to be a Flyer for quite a while (not a bad thing to have 35 guaranteed goals in the lineup), or the 3 first round picks we get as RFA compensation will be.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a GM (Senior Manager) and I do know the inner workings of controlling costs while keeping a high level of proficiency and profitability all too well.

Dealing with personnel is the easiest part of the job for me. Why? Because I am straight forward and brutally honest with everyone who works for me. That way there are no misconceptions about what is expected and what isn't.

The only thing that's stopping the GM Homer from pulling the trigger is....his heart....his compassion and his loyalty.

Yes, they are all excellent personality traits and one's that everyone should aspire to have, but business is business. He's the boss and he must do what is right for the team......no matter who's feelings get hurt, for the "greater good". In this case, the greater good is the immediate and long term success of the Philadelphia Flyer's.

The team has all the proper parts, but the key one --- a shut down goalie --- is missing. He also has a very valuable extra pc, named Carter, who he needs to use to fill that missing need.

It's simple really.....one plus one equals two.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I like what Homer has done so far, I just don't like Nabakov, Living out West I have seen him for years and I have never been impressed, he reminds me of Cujo, and we all know how many cups he won. I will give him a shot though, who knows maybe he pulls it off here in Philly!