• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers to sign Cleary

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definately a sad day ,i remember that day as i was in midtown and from my company's floor we could see the towers burning. Very helpless feeling. Although it didnt seem like it at the time that was a minor setback and we as of today are strong as ever thanks to service men like yourself.

Thank you kindly. I can't even watch the news today or some of the cable networks showing real footage from that day in '01. I do remember living in Rochester then and was in my company vehicle, listening to Howard Stern. Heck, the show was hilarious. Pam Anderson was stripping down and then next thing you know, the news broke. Everybody was in silence. I pulled off the road to grasp what was going on. My coworker at the time, was trapped in the north tower. Anyway, hang in there and I'm proud that I served my time. Unfortunately, it seems like things are escalating over in the Gulf region.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you kindly. I can't even watch the news today or some of the cable networks showing real footage from that day in '01. I do remember living in Rochester then and was in my company vehicle, listening to Howard Stern. Heck, the show was hilarious. Pam Anderson was stripping down and then next thing you know, the news broke. Everybody was in silence. I pulled off the road to grasp what was going on. My coworker at the time, was trapped in the north tower. Anyway, hang in there and I'm proud that I served my time. Unfortunately, it seems like things are escalating over in the Gulf region.

Changed my Avi in honor of the USA!!!!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you doing sir? Is it a sunny day in NYC today? It seems weird that this is the 1st Tuesday since '01 that Sept 11 has fallen on. Twelve years later and it's still hits me hard.

Today is Wednesday tho, but your sentiments still hold true.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Hextall was the man in charge of bringing Cleary in? Having been out west for a few years and being an Asst w the Kings. He probably sees something in Cleary over Gagne?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FriedgeHNIC: Not exactly sure why, but it appears as if there is some complication between Daniel Cleary and PHI. Told he will not be joining Flyers.

23287Xrq.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very bizzare stuff going on here.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's certainly the way I remember it too, although Doob really has been consistent in his support of Talbot. It sure seemed like more Pens fans than not were glad to see him go at the time, though.

Thanks for noticing, Jeff. I'll say this, every member of the 2008-09 Pens team holds a special place in my heart. I don't think there was a single guy on that roster that I would consider a bad player. It was the only Pens Cup where I really understood what winning the Cup was all about. Became a Pens fan crica 1988-89, within 2 seasons I saw them win their 1st Cup, the next year they repeat. I had it in my mind that winning the Cup was easy. Automatically assumed we would 3-peat in 1992-93 but then the Islanders gave me a reality check. For the next 16 years I really longed for a taste of that Cup again and when it happened I really took notice of all the players that made that happen. Obviously we had Geno, Sid, Staal, MAF, and such stars are what those Pens were known for, but Max was every bit as important. What he did in game 7 of the SCF is probably my all time favorite performance by a Penguin (even more so than Mario's 5 goals in 5 different ways). Will always be a big Max Talbot fan and I will always consider him to be a Penguin, regardless of who he's playing for.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FriedgeHNIC: Not exactly sure why, but it appears as if there is some complication between Daniel Cleary and PHI. Told he will not be joining Flyers.

23287Xrq.gif

If true, this is a blessing and we can move on not worrying about a 34 yo being locked up for 3 yrs w a Flyer novelty of a NTC.:suds:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cleary has been following the outpouring of negativity from Flyers fans regarding the deal, and is having 2nd thoughts...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets pretend this fiasco never happened

K

kengel6

I'm sorry but you're on crack. The guys a playoff warrior character role player. Pens fans said same thing about Talbot now want him back. We'll see how this shakes out but he's definitely a baller. Still surprised they went after him.

Well, and that's a deep subject. When the puck is entering the offensive zone and Cleary is still standing there at center ice or he falls on the puck while in the offensive corner and the faceoff comes out of the zone, remember these words, told ya so.:agree:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like this was or is just a tryout anyway. There is nothing confirmed by the Flyers that Cleary was signed to anything (or would sign anything in the future) and why on earth would they announce signing him before having a look at him in camp anyway with the question marks he does have entering this season?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like this was or is just a tryout anyway. There is nothing confirmed by the Flyers that Cleary was signed to anything (or would sign anything in the future) and why on earth would they announce signing him before having a look at him in camp anyway with the question marks he does have entering this season?

At least we had a drama filled few days and had something to talk about.