• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida Recruiting...

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all the Gator fans that were bragging about their #1 recruiting class just a short couple of months ago.

What happens now that you filled your class up with 3 star schlubs.

The fact that you already have 21 commits and your average is a dismal 89.5 signals to me that Georgia is going to pass you for sure and likely Auburn and A&M too.

You can probably hold off Ole Miss and Mrs State, for 7th place unless they land a stud. Hard to say, your average would have landed you in 8th place last year.

It's ok, I remember when Alabama bottom fed in the recruiting rankings like Florida is going to do...of course, we fired that coach, but we have high expectations.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other end of the spectrum...

What is going on in North Carolina. I was ready to put Mack out to pasture, but he is quietly putting together a high top 10 class and building on their recruiting success last year.

Imagine what he could do at a hot bed like Texas...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is going on in North Carolina. I was ready to put Mack out to pasture, but he is quietly putting together a high top 10 class and building on their recruiting success last year.

Yeah, I totally underestimated Mack. Just did not see that coming. I thought Fedora would be great and Mack would suck. There is a reason no one asked my opinion at UNC. lol

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all the Gator fans that were bragging about their #1 recruiting class just a short couple of months ago.

The fact that you already have 21 commits and your average is a dismal 89.5 signals to me that Georgia is going to pass you for sure and likely Auburn and A&M too.

You can probably hold off Ole Miss and Mrs State, for 7th place unless they land a stud. Hard to say, your average would have landed you in 8th place last year.

It's ok, I remember when Alabama bottom fed in the recruiting rankings like Florida is going to do...of course, we fired that coach, but we have high expectations.
I'm actually a little surprised there's still only two teams with multiple five star recruits. NC might actually start to compete in the ACC, not a lot of competition in that league right now.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is not in a good situation.

LSU will tell them that they can win "it" elsewhere .
Alabama will tell them they can win it and we have a decent track record of players getting paid in the NFL.
Florida will tell them that Florida is Florida, you have the possibility of being a Tebow or Hernandez.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Missouri and Arkansas are going to drop like stones also. WTF was Arkansas thinking hiring an O-Line coach as a HC? Will not end well and they will be searching again in 3 years.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri and Arkansas are going to drop like stones also. WTF was Arkansas thinking hiring an O-Line coach as a HC? Will not end well and they will be searching again in 3 years.

IDK, OU, and Miami, did really well with Oline coaches becoming, a head coach. Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson. Plus they both came out of Ark.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, OU, and Miami, did really well with Oline coaches becoming, a head coach. Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson. Plus they both came out of Ark.
I'm willing to make a wager on this one. No way this works out successfully.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, between them they have already signed 31 3 stars, that is a sure sign of admitting defeat in the SEC.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I totally underestimated Mack. Just did not see that coming. I thought Fedora would be great and Mack would suck. There is a reason no one asked my opinion at UNC. lol
We have to remember that old Mack had some very highly rated classes (on paper) in his last years at Texas as well. Hopefully it is not the same at UNC. Somebody needs to step up and give Clem some competition.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to remember that old Mack had some very highly rated classes (on paper) in his last years at Texas as well. Hopefully it is not the same at UNC. Somebody needs to step up and give Clem some competition.

The difference, in my view, is he has a QB for the future and Howell and potentially his next QB in Drake Maye. When Brown struggled at Texas, the QB position was a problem.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference, in my view, is he has a QB for the future and Howell and potentially his next QB in Drake Maye. When Brown struggled at Texas, the QB position was a problem.
I live in the Triangle and UNC is a great school to go to. Good education, decent looking ladies, beautiful campus, and the school will support football if they win. They support hoops and travel well. They will do it for football. They redid the football facilities a few years ago, and while not as good as the big boys, it's plenty good.

Dominate NC and VA in recruiting, grab a few players from TN with no competition from Vandy or UTjr, then an occasional player from SC, GA and FL. Win the coastal with powerhouses like UVa, VaTech, and Miami. That gets you to a New Years Day Bowl in some years. Beat Clemson once every three or four years. Don't let Mack die.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the Triangle and UNC is a great school to go to. Good education, decent looking ladies, beautiful campus, and the school will support football if they win. They support hoops and travel well. They will do it for football. They redid the football facilities a few years ago, and while not as good as the big boys, it's plenty good.

Dominate NC and VA in recruiting, grab a few players from TN with no competition from Vandy or UTjr, then an occasional player from SC, GA and FL. Win the coastal with powerhouses like UVa, VaTech, and Miami. That gets you to a New Years Day Bowl in some years. Beat Clemson once every three or four years. Don't let Mack die.

I agree with you. I used to live in ACC country and have been down to the triangle. The big question is how long does Mack Brown want to do this? What happens when he retires?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ever get biscuits and gravy from Elmo's in Carrboro?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I used to live in ACC country and have been down to the triangle. The big question is how long does Mack Brown want to do this? What happens when he retires?
Let's let them get there first. As well as he is recruiting this year, he needs to do it 3 or 4 years to compete with Clemson.

Based on what I have heard from some large boosters, he will be around for at least 5-7 years. He's 68, and while that might be old to some of you, he's not 80. He's surprised me in his recruiting, which means he has gone and hired a great recruiting staff. I can see him there until he is 75. His goal is to get UNC on the map and then turn it over to someone who can maintain it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever get biscuits and gravy from Elmo's in Carrboro?
I am in the Raleigh area, but my business partner lives in the Communist Conclave of Carrborro. Will have to head over there for some of that once the Rona is over.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in the Raleigh area, but my business partner lives in the Communist Conclave of Carrborro. Will have to head over there for some of that once the Rona is over.

They have some of the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had. Assuming everything's still the same. Haven't been to Chapel Hill since Dec. of '04.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's let them get there first. As well as he is recruiting this year, he needs to do it 3 or 4 years to compete with Clemson.

Based on what I have heard from some large boosters, he will be around for at least 5-7 years. He's 68, and while that might be old to some of you, he's not 80. He's surprised me in his recruiting, which means he has gone and hired a great recruiting staff. I can see him there until he is 75. His goal is to get UNC on the map and then turn it over to someone who can maintain it.

7 years would be surprising given his age. However, he could largely take over a CEO type role and let his staff to do a lot of the heavy lifting. UNC is in a good position because the Coastal is 100% wide open. If they can win the division consistently, there's no reason to think their recruiting will slow down.