• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Harris Poll Released

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama(93)
2. Oregon(10)
3. Clemson(1)
4. Ohio State
5. Florida State
6. Louisville
7. Texas A&M
8. LSU
9. UCLA
10. Miami
11. South Carolina
12. Stanford
13. Baylor
14. Missouri
15. Texas Tech
16. Georgia
17. Oklahoma
18. Fresno State
19. Oklahoma State
20. Virginia Tech
21. Florida
22. Northern Illinois
23. Nebraska
24. Michigan
25. Washington

ORV: Wisconsin, Auburn, Michigan State, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Arizona State, Texas, UCF, Utah, Houston, Ball State, Maryland.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot better than the AP. just IMO.

For the most part I agree. My major issues are that I think L'Ville, Oklahoma State and Michigan/Nebraska are too high. Personally I'd have Wisconsin, Auburn and Oregon State, in and the above mentioned taken out.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad at all. Surprised that Clemson got a vote seeing how Oregon played really well. But Oregon/Alabama are easily the best two teams in college football.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am kind of surprised wisky isn't in there somewhere. Michigan probably shouldn't be.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad at all. Surprised that Clemson got a vote seeing how Oregon played really well. But Oregon/Alabama are easily the best two teams in college football.

Idk man. Both Clemson and fsu have looked very very good.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggies at #7; Georgia at #16????:wtf2:

You guys are some brainwashed motherfuckers if you think that is legit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggies at #7; Georgia at #16????:wtf2:

You guys are some brainwashed motherfuckers if you think that is legit.

Yeah, what do Harris Poll voters know about college football!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what do Harris Poll voters know about college football!

aggies have the most embarrassing resume of any top 25 team. It's an absolute joke. Not saying they shouldn't be ranked, but #7 is ridiculously idiotic. It is SEC bias and brainwashing at its finest. Sorry if you're not smart enough to see past the bullshit. 2 weeks in a row they struggled with Arky and Ole Miss. Outside of that their best win of the year is Rice (who hung 31 on them). Btw - they have the 113th ranked D in the country. You really want to sit hear and stake your reputation on this board defending that as the #7 team in the country?????

Georgia has 2 losses. Got lucky and barely beat Tennessee. Then got their shit handed to them at home by Missouri. You really want to defend that as the #16 team in the country???? Hell, even a number of Georgia posters yesterday were saying they should fall out of the top 25.

Cmon dude, show some resemblance of being objective outside of sec dick sucking.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggies have the most embarrassing resume of any top 25 team. It's an absolute joke. Not saying they shouldn't be ranked, but #7 is ridiculously idiotic. It is SEC bias and brainwashing at its finest. Sorry if you're not smart enough to see past the bullshit. 2 weeks in a row they struggled with Arky and Ole Miss. Outside of that their best win of the year is Rice (who hung 31 on them). Btw - they have the 113th ranked D in the country. You really want to sit hear and stake your reputation on this board defending that as the #7 team in the country?????

Georgia has 2 losses. Got lucky and barely beat Tennessee. Then got their shit handed to them at home by Missouri. You really want to defend that as the #16 team in the country???? Hell, even a number of Georgia posters yesterday were saying they should fall out of the top 25.

Cmon dude, show some resemblance of being objective outside of sec dick sucking.

A 5-10 team is typically a team with 1 or 2 losses on the year. Right now A&M has 1 loss. Where do you see 2 more coming from? I see LSU and that's likely it. If they lose to LSU, they will fall to about #11 or #12.

Future opponents:

Auburn
Vandy
UTEP
Miss St
LSU
Missouri

They could possibly lose to Missouri if they are legit. That's going to put them @ 3 losses on the season, in the 15-20 range. But right now they have 1 loss, and that loss was to a top team.

It's always easy to poke holes in other teams. But, when you start putting other teams in there and use the same measure, you'll likely find yourself coming up short.

----
Georgia has 2 losses. But at the same time they've always played one of the most brutal schedules to start a season. 1 loss come in the opener against Clemson, a top5 team. The other loss came to Missouri yesterday.

Their future schedule is little nicer.

Vandy
Florida
FCS
Auburn
Kentucky
Georgia Tech

So that Florida game would be their most difficult game and most likely game for a loss. If that happens they end up with 3 losses on the season, and that is once again 15-20 range. #16 is pretty good ranking IMO. If they beat Florida they will move up to the 10-15 range.

Just what kind of record do you think top25 teams have?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others Receiving Votes -Texas What dumb ass voted for Texas to be in the top 25?

Agreed. At this point we should not be ranked in the top 25. Now, we win our next couple of games, climb to 6-2 with a beatdown of the #12 team - then yes we should be. Right now I don't have us ranked.

Now back to point - aggies at #7 is a joke. Everyone can look at the resume and know it is a joke. Should you guys be ranked? Sure. Top 15ish, maybe. 7th? :bullshit:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hizzle is jelly of big brother aggie.

Deflection at its finest. Can you answer the question, or just deflect away from it? Am I jealous of Georgia too? No, I don't care about Georgia. I am just pointing out rankings that I don't think are deserved. Am I jealous of OU too? Ya know, the team we just curbstomped? Because I said they should be lower.

aggies have given up 71 points the last 2 weeks, struggling against Arky and Ole Miss. They have the 113th ranked defense in the country, and that is even with a cupcake schedule. They have not beaten a ranked team and their signature win, I guess, is Sam Houston State.

They have scheduled an OOC monster of: Rice, Sam Houston St, SMU, and UTEP.

For the above, the voters are going to reward them with the #7 ranking??? And you want to defend that???:lame:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At this point we should not be ranked in the top 25. Now, we win our next couple of games, climb to 6-2 with a beatdown of the #12 team - then yes we should be. Right now I don't have us ranked.

Now back to point - aggies at #7 is a joke. Everyone can look at the resume and know it is a joke. Should you guys be ranked? Sure. Top 15ish, maybe. 7th? :bullshit:

I could see an argument for #7 being a spot, maybe 2 at the most, too high but definately a top 10 ranking. A&M's defense is concerning but it's not just about defense. The Tide might not have the defense they have had in the past but are still among the best in the country and A&M put 42 points on the board. I'm not going to appologize for A&M getting enough "style points" in wins vs. Arkansas & Ole Miss. The fact is they won both of those games on the road. They have 3 remaining games vs. ranked teams and all they need to do is keep winning. It will all play out in the end.

I would love to see Texas run the table. We could end up with A&M/Texas in a BCS Bowl. Boy would that get ugly around here. However, I don't see it happening. Mack will have to have the boys amped up like they were against OU for the rest of the season. Even then, I don't know if that would be enough vs. Baylor.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see an argument for #7 being a spot, maybe 2 at the most, too high but definately a top 10 ranking. A&M's defense is concerning but it's not just about defense. The Tide might not have the defense they have had in the past but are still among the best in the country and A&M put 42 points on the board. I'm not going to appologize for A&M getting enough "style points" in wins vs. Arkansas & Ole Miss. The fact is they won both of those games on the road. They have 3 remaining games vs. ranked teams and all they need to do is keep winning. It will all play out in the end.

I would love to see Texas run the table. We could end up with A&M/Texas in a BCS Bowl. Boy would that get ugly around here. However, I don't see it happening. Mack will have to have the boys amped up like they were against OU for the rest of the season. Even then, I don't know if that would be enough vs. Baylor.

A&M is the only offense Bama has faced with a pulse, and they only play one more team with a credible offense, LSU. It's easy to get good defensive numbers when that's the competition.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5-10 team is typically a team with 1 or 2 losses on the year. Right now A&M has 1 loss. Where do you see 2 more coming from? I see LSU and that's likely it. If they lose to LSU, they will fall to about #11 or #12.

Future opponents:

Auburn
Vandy
UTEP
Miss St
LSU
Missouri

They could possibly lose to Missouri if they are legit. That's going to put them @ 3 losses on the season, in the 15-20 range. But right now they have 1 loss, and that loss was to a top team.

It's always easy to poke holes in other teams. But, when you start putting other teams in there and use the same measure, you'll likely find yourself coming up short.

----
Georgia has 2 losses. But at the same time they've always played one of the most brutal schedules to start a season. 1 loss come in the opener against Clemson, a top5 team. The other loss came to Missouri yesterday.

Their future schedule is little nicer.

Vandy
Florida
FCS
Auburn
Kentucky
Georgia Tech

So that Florida game would be their most difficult game and most likely game for a loss. If that happens they end up with 3 losses on the season, and that is once again 15-20 range. #16 is pretty good ranking IMO. If they beat Florida they will move up to the 10-15 range.

Just what kind of record do you think top25 teams have?

I hate that logic. I believe people should rank teams based on the quality of the team, not based on a projected record due to a weak schedule.

SECHATER12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is that sec bias for ya missouri beats georgia and jumps 11 spots to get another sec team in the top 15.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No USC???

4ce_1.gif

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we run out - we will be in a bcs bowl game. I don't see us doing that, though. I think we will win the next 3, to go 6-0 in conference play. Then we have OSU, TTech, and Baylor. I would be thrilled if we finish with 1 more loss. With 1 or 2 more losses the Cotton Bowl is a possibility.

The Cotton Bowl against aggies would be a blast, agreed.