• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Super Bowl food or snack....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I like a rowdy party with Pizza and Wings but I'm going with a night in with the Mrs and the Baby and eating some ribs

Atta boy don't want to jinx it!
I get it!
I woke up the morning of Super Bowl 52 I turned off my phone computer making sure to stay away from social media until the game was over.

Had just my sons with me nobody else and cooked a ton of food for us and just enjoyed watched my team win one!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She just left for the store.....she's making deviled eggs, nachos, and some other stuff....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Chicago dogs I've had over the years generally have had raw onions, not cooked unless requested otherwise. And every true Chicago dog includes hot peppers. It ain't a legit Chi-dog without them.

There are variations depending on taste. My family in New England would die if the bit into a hot chili.
They only eat New England Boiled Garbage. I moved to California at 10 yo and was so happy to get away from tasteless food.

On a seperate note: Has anyone tried putting a Chicago dog on spaghetti?
How about putting dogfood on spaghetti?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are variations depending on taste. My family in New England would die if the bit into a hot chili.
They only eat New England Boiled Garbage. I moved to California at 10 yo and was so happy to get away from tasteless food.

On a seperate note: Has anyone tried putting a Chicago dog on spaghetti?
How about putting dogfood on spaghetti?
You would be talking about Cincinnati, they do it all the time and they love that shit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn diabetes. Chili is bad for me. So are chips. I can eat ribs, kielbasa, steak tips and brats. No pizza. No bread or fries.
Sounds like a keto diet. I've done that for most of that last 4-5 months, and I love it. I've had some cheats here and there, but I've found it really easy. I've never been huge on pasta, and I don't really care about fries or chips. I get to eat all the bacon and cheese I want and lose weight, I love it.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggested this one year to my in-laws as a joke.... and that's what we ended up having. Grilled hot dogs and a taco bar. Only my Wife and one of my SILs got my joke.
Also, I would like it noted that a hot dog with queso, a little taco meat, and pico is pretty awesome. I called it a Chili-huahua Dog.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a keto diet. I've done that for most of that last 4-5 months, and I love it. I've had some cheats here and there, but I've found it really easy. I've never been huge on pasta, and I don't really care about fries or chips. I get to eat all the bacon and cheese I want and lose weight, I love it.
Yeah, but your arteries are getting clogged now. That can't be undone.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drink plenty of water and eat plenty of greens, I'm good.
I don't think water counteracts the impact to your cholesterol from the all-you-can-eat bacon and cheese.

at least mine went to shit when I did it. Maybe youll have better luck.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think water counteracts the impact to your cholesterol from the all-you-can-eat bacon and cheese.

at least mine went to shit when I did it. Maybe youll have better luck.
It's not "all-you-can-eat". It isn't as if I'm eating bacon and cheese round the clock. The majority of my diet is chicken, pork, and steak on the smoker with some type of greens, or chicken/steak salads.

Also, cholesterol is only a major health issue if your genetics allow for it. My dad was diagnosed with "high cholesterol" several years ago, but his doctor said it wasn't really affecting his overall heart health, and didn't even prescribe him medication for it. Here's an interesting read:

Why Dietary Cholesterol Does Not Matter (For Most People)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoked meatballs are thumbs up. I make a smoked meatloaf people love, in fact when ever my wife has a reunion that is one of the things they always ask for.

Wife and I was the SB party.

prepped.JPG

Meatballs have been seasoned, wings, 1lb a Tx Gulf Shrimp, and the crab stuffed sweet peppers

meatballs.JPG

Smoked meatballs are done...about 1hr 20 mins at 230ish...some apple/hickory wood chucks for smoke flavor.

plated.JPG
Take the meatballs off at 150 internal, then put them in the marinara sauce for 5 mins...lightly toast the hoagie roll, lather on the meatball/marinara, top with cheese (provolone in this case) put it back on the grill for a few minutes to melt the cheese

Plated with shrimp, and the crab stuffed sweet peppers.

Tipped that back with few Sweetwater 420 pale ale, and sipped on some Fortaleza Anejo tequila while I was cooking.

It was a good evening!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I was the SB party.

View attachment 231623

Meatballs have been seasoned, wings, 1lb a Tx Gulf Shrimp, and the crab stuffed sweet peppers

View attachment 231624

Smoked meatballs are done...about 1hr 20 mins at 230ish...some apple/hickory wood chucks for smoke flavor.

View attachment 231625
Take the meatballs off at 150 internal, then put them in the marinara sauce for 5 mins...lightly toast the hoagie roll, lather on the meatball/marinara, top with cheese (provolone in this case) put it back on the grill for a few minutes to melt the cheese

Plated with shrimp, and the crab stuffed sweet peppers.

Tipped that back with few Sweetwater 420 pale ale, and sipped on some Fortaleza Anejo tequila while I was cooking.

It was a good evening!

Aw man they look fabulous!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ar_W849UPwGhPl8Dfhh1GA-1N1BieLNLVux30GiuEsmAKXyQtaAyiqIDf0rMdziJ9yIz7kmgZnzDA_j4W2YxQ9QwO6dGBhtoT4cVGLqN3T7cgAjAPEZG7hJwkAULjr38yDQLccwYxjhZZzzJ