• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Shanny has his critics but if he cant get anything out of Trey.... Vikes may as well pay Cousins.
I get what you're saying, but the timing wasn't the greatest. 9ers had their sights set on a Super Bowl, and Jimmy G. seemed like the better option. The kid was named the starter the following season, then promptly went on the IR for the rest of the year. In the meantime, Shanny found a kid who fit into his system.

Shanny isn't known for his patience. He's also pretty good at finding a scapegoat. Just ask Steve Wilks.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanny isn't known for his patience. He's also pretty good at finding a scapegoat.
All the more reason to admire what he does. Wish more NFL franchises took a page from him - like my Bears.
:2cents:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Dolphins fan I can assure that Mike McDaniel isn't going to change his offense to all of the sudden be tight end friendly. 52 targets total for that position last year. 52!! That's 3 per game and that's for the whole position, not even one guy. The year before Mike McDaniel took over the Dolphins led the league in tight end targets with 174 (yes more than the Ravens and Chiefs) in 2021. Mike McDaniel took over in 2022 and they had 75 tight end targets with the exact same personnel as the year before. That's 100 less targets under Mike McDaniel. Then last year it went down to 52 targets. If Jonnu Smith has more than 30 catches in that offense this year it will shock me.
well Mike McDaniels learned from Shanny, who does use his TE's (sometimes), so anything is possible. And you just never know when on of those jack rabbits outside turns up lame and they need to turn elsewhere

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, maybe Trey learned a little from two years with Shanny, and one with MM. certainly plenty available to soak in. Never know

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, maybe Trey learned a little from two years with Shanny, and one with MM. certainly plenty available to soak in. Never know
Lol, ya gotta play to learn, and I seriously doubt he learned a thing from MM. Maybe Dak gave him some tips. Maybe.

I'm just sayin' the kid was 21 years old and had some bad breaks. Never given a chance after that.

With the state of NFL QBs these days, It would be amazing if he didn't get another shot. Seriously, what the hell is he gonna do on the Cowboys?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason to admire what he does. Wish more NFL franchises took a page from him - like my Bears.
:2cents:
I wish the Bears would as well, even though they are division rivals.

Fields to Moore is a killer combo and a pretty good way to build an offense.

Too bad we ain't gonna see it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF!!

Raiders re-signed RB Ameer Abdullah.

Abdullah has spent the last two seasons with the Raiders and served primarily as their kick returner. A nine-year vet of the league, Abdullah hasn’t offered much utility as a runner in recent years, but with Josh Jacobs appearing unlikely to return next season, he at least serves as a familiar backup while the Raiders look to construct their roster.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF!!

Raiders re-signed RB Ameer Abdullah.

Abdullah has spent the last two seasons with the Raiders and served primarily as their kick returner. A nine-year vet of the league, Abdullah hasn’t offered much utility as a runner in recent years, but with Josh Jacobs appearing unlikely to return next season, he at least serves as a familiar backup while the Raiders look to construct their roster.
AAAAMMMMMMEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, ya gotta play to learn, and I seriously doubt he learned a thing from MM. Maybe Dak gave him some tips. Maybe.

I'm just sayin' the kid was 21 years old and had some bad breaks. Never given a chance after that.

With the state of NFL QBs these days, It would be amazing if he didn't get another shot. Seriously, what the hell is he gonna do on the Cowboys?
Well that's the thing, he had a package of gimmick plays as a rookie, got hurt. Same thing in year two, couple of fill in starts both years, 2-2 as a starter, it's not like he's had a ton of chances to show much.
Now granted, he didn't show much of dick in those chances. But like the story mentioned, he's still younger than incoming rookie Bo Nix, and he's been around real pros like Jimmy G, and Dak, real NFL coaches- say what you will about MM, but there's certainly worse coaches out there-, gotta see the kid really get a shot before I'm ready to %100 give up on him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya gotta play to learn
This sounds so simple, right? Playing football helps a player learn to play football.
Yet we see training camps with "walk thrus" and then very limited snaps in preseason games.
No wonder these guys arent ready.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds so simple, right? Playing football helps a player learn to play football.
Yet we see training camps with "walk thrus" and then very limited snaps in preseason games.
No wonder these guys arent ready.
I mean in his case it's probably more true than others. Still to this day between high school, college, and the NFL he has started a total of 30 games. Here are his total career pass attempts in games:

99 HS pass attempts
318 College pass attempts
102 NFL pass attempts

That's a grand total of 519 pass attempts. Just as a reference 13 quarterbacks had more than that last year. Let that sink in, 13 quarterbacks attempted more passes in games last year than Trey Lance has in his entire life. That is insane.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How/why have Harbaugh and his new Chargers not cut Mack, Williams and or Allen yet?

Each one saves 20+ million, none have made a difference in making, or not making, the playoffs recently and at this stage in their careers, none are irreplaceable.

I assume they're attempting some restructures, but I can't imagine why. Just rip off the band aid Jim. You've signed onto a team with nothing but an underachieving QB, and a near elite edge rusher, outside of that, start chopping heads and starting over. No reason whatsoever a team that bad has the 2nd worst cap situation in the league 48 hours before the deadline

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy. And they reportedly turned down a 3rd round pick last year about this time.

Low risk for Cleveland.

This was the guy who was supposedly the greatest WR prospect since Megatron and Randy Moss...sad
Yeah worth the risk even if they don’t resign him and he is rental. Not good QB play but I think his ceiling is a nice #2 WR which is fine but I hope he flourish with Watson and learn from Coop. Apparently, Coop is the reason he went to Bama. We will see

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Watson closes his eyes and has Coop be Nuks and Jeudy be Fuller and returns to form

ah crap now my eyes are open and naw nevermind

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest Vikings rumor: They are reportedly interested in Zach Wilson. :what: :what: :what:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah worth the risk even if they don’t resign him and he is rental. Not good QB play but I think his ceiling is a nice #2 WR which is fine but I hope he flourish with Watson and learn from Coop. Apparently, Coop is the reason he went to Bama. We will see
Seems like a great trade, for Cleveland.

Don’t really get why Sean Payton is tanking an already bad team.