• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Conner signing means they dont take a RB until Round 4 at best. One caveat being one falling into their lap.
There draft picks are 1, 2, 5,7 rounds so they won't be taking a RB round 4.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 268726

Conner finally found a home.

So much for "we think Chase Edmonds can be the guy". And doesn't strike them from my list of teams who might take a RBin the first 2 days

I think the Conner signing means they dont take a RB until Round 4 at best. One caveat being one falling into their lap.

Maybe i am bias since i never cared for Conner. Conner never had 1000 yard season and the Cards waited, what, 2 weeks before the NFL draft to sign him (when no one else would).

I still see Chase has having more relevancy until further notice.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i am bias since i never cared for Conner. Conner never had 1000 yard season and the Cards waited, what, 2 weeks before the NFL draft to sign him (when no one else would).

I still see Chase has having more relevancy until further notice.
I still see them drafting a guy, as neither are "the guy" types. If they don't, I expect a full blown, 50/50, or maybe even a 33/33/33 with a third guy they have yet to add, committee.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see them drafting a guy, as neither are "the guy" types. If they don't, I expect a full blown, 50/50, or maybe even a 33/33/33 with a third guy they have yet to add, committee.
You may be right.
I'm not betting the farm on my opinion.
Maybe i'm diving too deep but i think after Drake showed his true colors, the Cards were pleasantly surprised with Edmonds who is still on his rookie deal. I envision that the plan was to give Edmonds the reigns and, as insurance, sign Conner in case Edmonds tanks. Both of their contracts end after the 2021 season too which further has me leaning that Edmonds will be given every opportunity to prove it or lose it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right.
I'm not betting the farm on my opinion.
Maybe i'm diving too deep but i think after Drake showed his true colors, the Cards were pleasantly surprised with Edmonds who is still on his rookie deal. I envision that the plan was to give Edmonds the reigns and, as insurance, sign Conner in case Edmonds tanks. Both of their contracts end after the 2021 season too which further has me leaning that Edmonds will be given every opportunity to prove it or lose it.
Going of what Edmonds did when given the chance without Drake (25 for 70), I'd say that if that was the plan...it's a bad plan.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going of what Edmonds did when given the chance without Drake (25 for 70), I'd say that if that was the plan...it's a bad plan.
And signing a guy (Conner) who cant seem to play a full 16-game schedule (now 17) is a good plan?

This is good banter. But i still feel they want to see if Edmonds can be.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And signing a guy (Conner) who cant seem to play a full 16-game schedule (now 17) is a good plan?

This is good banter. But i still feel they want to see if Edmonds can be.
Ha, no, I think both are bad plans, thus the belief that they still draft a guy...or add another FA after the draft, if they missed out on one.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, no, I think both are bad plans, thus the belief that they still draft a guy...or add another FA after the draft, if they missed out on one.
So you think they take one top 2 rounds? Otherwise its a body not competing for reps most likely.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think they take one top 2 rounds? Otherwise its a body not competing for reps most likely.
I see the 4-5 "realistic" possibilities of potential starting RB's being sprinkled throughout the first three to four rounds. And yes, I would expect them to take one in the first two days. I think there are at least 5 other RB's, forecast to go in round 4 or later,, that could realistically compete with those dudes and have a minimum 50/50 shot at beating them. And I would fully expect an UDFA being able to realistically compete for reps with those two if given a fair shake. Chase doesn't have it, and Conner can't stay off the trainers table long enough to use what he does have...if he's got anything left.

I truly don't feel any good vibes about Edmonds or Conner...and if they don't add a third that might win out, I'm avoiding the situation altogether. I will gladly let another owner take on that headache.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the 4-5 "realistic" possibilities of potential starting RB's being sprinkled throughout the first three to four rounds. And yes, I would expect them to take one in the first two days. I think there are at least 5 other RB's, forecast to go in round 4 or later,, that could realistically compete with those dudes and have a minimum 50/50 shot at beating them. And I would fully expect an UDFA being able to realistically compete for reps with those two if given a fair shake. Chase doesn't have it, and Conner can't stay off the trainers table long enough to use what he does have...if he's got anything left.

I truly don't feel any good vibes about Edmonds or Conner...and if they don't add a third that might win out, I'm avoiding the situation altogether. I will gladly let another owner take on that headache.
Edmonds was a 4th round pick.
And as Harold pointed out, without a current 4th round pick (or 3rd), unless the Cards make a deal, they will either have to take a RB in the early 2nd round, or wait until the 5th.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as Harold pointed out, without a current 4th round pick (or 3rd), unless the Cards make a deal, they will either have to take a RB in the early 2nd round, or wait until the 5th.

and they’re nuts if they draft a RB that early. Probably the 4th last position I’m even thinking about if I’m the Cards GM.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4.5 yards per carry and 50 catches for Chase last year... I don’t think they’re that worried about the position. Especially with Murray there to take 8ish carries a game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.5 yards per carry and 50 catches for Chase last year... I don’t think they’re that worried about the position. Especially with Murray there to take 8ish carries a game.
Around 2.5ypc the only time he was "the guy", and not taking advantage of 3rd and 15 draw plays on those "attempts" though. I put much more into the numbers of that game, than what he did as a third down back who couldn't force a poser like Drake to the side.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We think every year. Doesnt work out that way usually. How many round 4+ Rbs r usually the starter rookie year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around 2.5ypc the only time he was "the guy", and not taking advantage of 3rd and 15 draw plays on those "attempts" though. I put much more into the numbers of that game, than what he did as a third down back who couldn't force a poser like Drake to the side.

25 for 70 against the Dolphins? Kind of harsh to write him off for a option-throwing team.

27-126 against the Giants two years ago in his only game.

Dude has barely a handful of games with double digit rushing attempts. There is no way to really scout that. Except that they love him in pass pro.

I say no chance the Cards draft RB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 for 70 against the Dolphins? Kind of harsh to write him off for a option-throwing team.

27-126 against the Giants two years ago in his only game.

Dude has barely a handful of games with double digit rushing attempts. There is no way to really scout that. Except that they love him in pass pro.

I say no chance the Cards draft RB
drafted eno last year too, i agree here.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they certainly could go with what they have..I'm just saying, I won't be touching them, and they could easily improve on what they have, so the possibility certainly exists

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Jones was a 5th round pick. He wasnt ready from the first day but I would say he developed nicely. With that said, most teams have a true committee approach so they dont need to find a stud. Just someone capabale of 10-15 touches and that could ruin the fantasy value of someone else.