• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he was very good both years.

Honestly, it's a fucking crapshoot.

It ultimately comes down to can the guy stand in the pocket and deliver big throws while taking a hit?
Team fit and coaching is a big factor.
Work ethic and development.

Like I said, I think Penix has great fundamentals but I have no clue if he can be that guy in the NFL.

Don't forget draft capital, first round guys seem to get multiple shots to prove themselves while the Day2/3 types are lucky to get more than 1 opportunity.

I also have no clue, just doing my best to take what I see and guess/project how it'll translate.

I think any of the 'Maye over Caleb' talk is nonsense, but we'll find out this spring

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like pocket-passing QB have done much better in the NFL.

Think the pedigre that matters most is the guys who played in college the longest. 3 and 4-year guys seem to have a better success rate than the 1 or 2 good-year guys.
Would be interested in guys sitting for a 1 or 2 as well…

Mahomes
Jordan Love
Lamar (only one half of a season)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interested in guys sitting for a 1 or 2 as well…

Mahomes
Jordan Love
Lamar (only one half of a season)

Fun fact: all three of those QBs have a common draft day trait

- Their teams traded up in the draft to take them.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders keeping Pierce, their defense was looking really good down the stretch, good hire by Doofus Davis

Interested to see if they let Jacobs walk and bring in any real competition for White, they were feeding him the last month and he looked good enough to be in the league but prob not a difference maker

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders keeping Pierce, their defense was looking really good down the stretch, good hire by Doofus Davis

Interested to see if they let Jacobs walk and bring in any real competition for White, they were feeding him the last month and he looked good enough to be in the league but prob not a difference maker
I would let Jacobs walk.

If they want them can draft another RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Corum, Benson, Irving. All 3rd or 4th projections.

so I guess JimmyG is the guy for one more year?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never compare anyone to Allen but I'm sure his rate to run from the pocket was high in college but he also had one of the most incredible transformations that I ever witnessed. Still turnover-prone but incredible nonetheless. I don't like that stat either, it makes you think.

Honestly, I think this entire QB class is overrated but I believe if you get the RIGHT one you will find one future superstar in this class eventually when they develop.
I guess the overall point was, do they make their hay off schedule, or in the pocket. Even at Wyoming, it was obvious that IF Allen could reign in the accuracy issues, he could operate from the pocket, no one had concerns about him going through progressions, making the throws. Granted that was always a big IF, and the reason why he wasn't drafted before Mayfield or Darnold, but his ability to run around and make plays that way was always just a bonus.
It's not like pocket-passing QB have done much better in the NFL.

Think the pedigre that matters most is the guys who played in college the longest. 3 and 4-year guys seem to have a better success rate than the 1 or 2 good-year guys.
due to the fact that there a ton more 'pocket' type QB's than straight runners, I'm sure the raw numbers would probably show a ton more of the 'pocket' type guys being busts no doubt. But do a quick run through of all starting QB's in the league, or even just those that made/are still in the playoffs. Outside of Lamar, all the starting QB's who could reasonably be considered "successful" are pocket passers first, (or only) and runner's second.

But I guess I was more referring to the fact the even those rare guys that are more of the 'runners' who do hit, they just don't hit for long, whereas those pocket guys who hit, generally hit for a decade plus.

And yes I would wholeheartedly agree that the kids who play longer in college, who have more starts under their belts, in general, have more success, wether they are 'runners' or not. Where the hell is Trey Lance and his 17 starts in NCAA today? On the Cowboys scout team, inactive on gamedays.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would let Jacobs walk.

If they want them can draft another RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Corum, Benson, Irving. All 3rd or 4th projections.

I can't imagine that Jacobs would willing re-sign with them, unless he, like Adams and Crosby, was one of the guys willing to walk if Pierce wasn't the guy. perhaps that hire will get him to want to stay?

But they definitely should re-sign him. After McD's was canned in week 8, Jacobs had 400 of his 505 yards in 5 games,- including the one where he got hurt. And rushed at 3.97 per vs 2.38 with McD's Granted 3.97 ain't anything to get excited about but, considering the coaching change, new offense on the fly, and a rookie QB that scared no one for 4 of those 5 games..I call it impressive .

Although Zuess looked pretty decent while filling in, but he's no Jacobs, if Jacobs is %100.

If Jacobs isn't retained, they had better bring someone in, Zuess feasted on a LAC team that had already given up, a KC team that seemed disinterested, and a Denver team that could care less in week 18. And wasn't a huge factor in the passing game..missed some key blitz pickups as well. I would imagine there would be a second back in teh mix from somewhere..probably not Ameer either

And no JimmyG is not gonna be the guy, it'll either be O'Connell with another rookie as competition, or a vet free agent competing with O'Connel. JimmyG already lost that competition, he'll be out the door. Maybe he can be the backup wherever BB/McD's coach at in '24

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Bridgewater mentioned earlier as a FA.

He will be. But he already announced his retirement effective at the end of the season.

Believe he’s going to coach HS next year.

Still love the signing for Detroit, even if it only amounted to peace of mind.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let Jacobs walk.

With Pierce as HC, I'd think Jimmy G is GONE.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Jim Harbaugh is having a second interview with the Falcons.

I'd bet that they are offering him total control.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Jim Harbaugh is having a second interview with the Falcons.

I'd bet that they are offering him total control.
I thought BB was the fav for ATL. More intriguing job if he gets to pick his QB and full control

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly the Packers D has become the embodiment of the the 85 Bears D.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly the Packers D has become the embodiment of the the 85 Bears D.

They looked amazing for the majority of their first 2 playoff games in support of Love, had a bad 4th qtr vs 49ers but played a great game the first 3 qtrs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix going back for his 6th year in college and still having Odunze and McMillan but not really improving over his 5th season scares me. Damn near 24 playing against these 18 and 19yr olds, shouldn't he have gotten better in year 2 at Washington?

View attachment 351761

He's on the Hendon Hooker career arc (Day 2 pick)

View attachment 351762
That is better. And there wasn't a lot of room.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On theme...

In the two games in 1996 that Harbaugh faced off against a Belichick-coached New England defense, he threw for a combined 342 yards and an interception. He was sacked a combined six times and even had his nose broken by Willie McGinest.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is better. And there wasn't a lot of room.

Looked a bit more into it:
too old to be in college still
2018 ACL
2019 shoulder
2020 other ACL
2021 other shoulder

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked a bit more into it:
too old to be in college still
2018 ACL
2019 shoulder
2020 other ACL
2021 other shoulder

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network
Medical history definitely a huge factor for Penix.

He'll be the most poked and prodded non catholic kid in Indianapolis