• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons and Commanders both had an offensive HCs and I'm assuming they stay on that side of the ball for HC with their young offensive weapons
I can totally buy BB in Atlanta..assuming he actually has a plan for a real offensive coordinator. Atlanta has hosted him twice so far..but yea, not Quinn, that has already been tried there

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons and Commanders both had an offensive HCs and I'm assuming they stay on that side of the ball for HC with their young offensive weapons
Seems BB may be heading to Atlanta. I know alot of folks question that move. I dont. That team is poised to make a run IMO. May not look like it. They have a great Offensive line. Three top 10 offensive weapons. Good RB depth. A pretty strong D and special teams.

If that team makes a run at a veteran QB or makes a deal for someone, and there will be guys available. A draft pick or two or a FA or two and that team is ready to go for it. Just my two cents.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems BB may be heading to Atlanta. I know alot of folks question that move. I dont. That team is poised to make a run IMO. May not look like it. They have a great Offensive line. Three top 10 offensive weapons. Good RB depth. A pretty strong D and special teams.

If that team makes a run at a veteran QB or makes a deal for someone, and there will be guys available. A draft pick or two or a FA or two and that team is ready to go for it. Just my two cents.
This would be a great fit

Kirk Cousins 'not going to turn down an opportunity' to play for Bill Belichick

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can totally buy BB in Atlanta..assuming he actually has a plan for a real offensive coordinator. Atlanta has hosted him twice so far..but yea, not Quinn, that has already been tried there

The Grandmaster at HC in Hotlanta with Josh McDaniels at OC.....

200.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes going to cost more than Id be willing to gamble. Achilles is no joke. Hes 36. You never know how they are going to come back from that. Its his plant foot as well.
Definitely going to depend on what else is out there. They can trash the current QB room and I think BB will do exactly that.

At 8, I don't think the top 3 QB's will be there. Not even Daniels. Either trade for Kirk or another QB or trade up in the NFL draft. If you are giving up picks, I would go with the cheaper $$ and 5th year option all day. There will be a longer transition to compete though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely going to depend on what else is out there. They can trash the current QB room and I think BB will do exactly that.

At 8, I don't think the top 3 QB's will be there. Not even Daniels. Either trade for Kirk or another QB or trade up in the NFL draft. If you are giving up picks, I would go with the cheaper $$ and 5th year option all day. There will be a longer transition to compete though.
Oh dude im sorry. I had just posted on the steelers board aboit fields and was thinking u meant cousins for pittaburgh thats whT i get for skimming ur reply.

Cousisn makes a ton of seane for atlanta honestly. So does jimmy g

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the top 3 rated QBs might be gone, but the QB2 of this class will definitely be available at 1.08

College Football GIF by GoDucks

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that. Do you have a lot of faith he will be QB2?

If so, I will bookmark this

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

like him as a starting QB in the league more than Daniels and Maye.
Daniels/Maye remind me of Fields, might end up a better fantasy QBs but they won't be a better NFL QBs than Nix (imo, obviously)

If you aren't pressured and you leave the pocket early, your athleticism wins out in college. Good luck winning games that way in the pros.

1705689442455.png

*this is not an endorsement for Penix

Definitely bookmark me, I don't care if I miss on a rookie evaluation, calling my shot how I see it.
Odds are slim I'll roster any of these rookie QBs in redrafts next season and my dynasty leagues are all 1QB, so probably will end of taking WRs over QBs there, so doubtful I'll have a scenario to "put my money where my mouth is" but you never know how those rookie drafts shake out.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 2024 QB Free agents- (assuming they don't re-sign with current team)
Cousins
Mayfield
Tanneyhill
Brisset
Thai Stick
Bridgewater
Minshew
Flacco
Wentz
Browning
and a bunch of clipboard holders

and most likely, Russel Wilson

I cannot imagine that BB at age 71 is all that inclined to draft a rookie QB with his top pick and hand him the job. I fully expect a veteran, If not Cousins, than Mayfield, Flacco..or maybe Brisset as a dark horse, there's history of some success there with that combination and Brisset has proven that he gives any team a competitive chance. I could even see Teddy Two Gloves. Browning would be an intriguing wild card. He certainly seems to have the 'ilk' of a QB that would fit within a Belechick type team. But did he flash enough to earn that kind of shot?

I could surely see him going after whichever of McCarthy, Nix, Penix might be available at #42 and letting them sit and learn behind whatever vet they do end up with. Or maybe even trading back and selecting one of those three in the later first. Trading back is a much more Belechick type move than trading up would be.

And if the most recent whisper of BB bringing in MCD's, Patricia and his sons as a group hire, holds even %50 truth..that would only confirm my (at least to me) my thoughts on it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lot of people feel he should be in that top group, I think he's the leader of the next tier, that would be best served to sit for a year or so. If Denver doesn't take him in the first, he's likely to slide into the second, and the whispers so far are that they like Penix more. Although Sean Peyton is gaga over Caleb, wouldn't be shocked to see them rumored to be in discussions for the 1.1 here in a couple months

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey considering the so called "experts" in the NFL only get it right about half the time with first round quarterbacks, his guess is as good as anybody's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like him as a starting QB in the league more than Daniels and Maye.
Daniels/Maye remind me of Fields, might end up a better fantasy QBs but they won't be a better NFL QBs than Nix (imo, obviously)

If you aren't pressured and you leave the pocket early, your athleticism wins out in college. Good luck winning games that way in the pros.

View attachment 351745

*this is not an endorsement for Penix

Definitely bookmark me, I don't care if I miss on a rookie evaluation, calling my shot how I see it.
Odds are slim I'll roster any of these rookie QBs in redrafts next season and my dynasty leagues are all 1QB, so probably will end of taking WRs over QBs there, so doubtful I'll have a scenario to "put my money where my mouth is" but you never know how those rookie drafts shake out.
Yeah it was a joke but interesting stat. I'm sure you can find guys that left the pocket early that have also had success in the NFL too. I think Daniels is an elite runner like Hurts and Jackson though. Maye doing this doesn't make much sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey considering the so called "experts" in the NFL only get it right about half the time with first round quarterbacks, his guess is as good as anybody's.
It could be any of the guys. My call is Penix being the guy that blossoms out of the non-top 3 QB's but it's really a crapshoot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'll always hedge my bets against those guys who are quick to run, or who do their best work "off schedule" or out of the pocket. LaMar, and RW, maybe Josh Allen, although he does just fine in the pocket also, he's also just so happens to be the best RB on the roster), are the rare exception of guys that have been successful for more than a handful of seasons doing that type of stuff. Even Hurts is tough to add to that list. After year one, many people thought the Eagles would move on, then they got him AJ Brown and he exploded, but now he's regressed..so much so to the point that AJ Brown appears to want out.

And one of those two unicorns, has exactly one playoff win in 6 seasons

Just not a great track record of these types guys having sustained success in the NFL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'll always hedge my bets against those guys who are quick to run, or who do their best work "off schedule" or out of the pocket. LaMar, and RW, maybe Josh Allen, although he does just fine in the pocket also, he's also just so happens to be the best RB on the roster), are the rare exception of guys that have been successful for more than a handful of seasons doing that type of stuff. Even Hurts is tough to add to that list. After year one, many people thought the Eagles would move on, then they got him AJ Brown and he exploded, but now he's regressed..so much so to the point that AJ Brown appears to want out.

And one of those two unicorns, has exactly one playoff win in 6 seasons

Just not a great track record of these types guys having sustained success in the NFL
I would never compare anyone to Allen but I'm sure his rate to run from the pocket was high in college but he also had one of the most incredible transformations that I ever witnessed. Still turnover-prone but incredible nonetheless. I don't like that stat either, it makes you think.

Honestly, I think this entire QB class is overrated but I believe if you get the RIGHT one you will find one future superstar in this class eventually when they develop.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whispers so far are that they like Penix more.

My call is Penix being the guy that blossoms out of the non-top 3 QB's but it's really a crapshoot.

Penix going back for his 6th year in college and still having Odunze and McMillan but not really improving over his 5th season scares me. Damn near 24 playing against these 18 and 19yr olds, shouldn't he have gotten better in year 2 at Washington?

1705695369879.png

He's on the Hendon Hooker career arc (Day 2 pick)

1705695531117.png

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix going back for his 6th year in college and still having Odunze and McMillan but not really improving over his 5th season scares me. Damn near 24 playing against these 18 and 19yr olds, shouldn't he have gotten better in year 2 at Washington?

View attachment 351761

He's on the Hendon Hooker career arc (Day 2 pick)

View attachment 351762
I mean he was very good both years.

Honestly, it's a fucking crapshoot.

It ultimately comes down to can the guy stand in the pocket and deliver big throws while taking a hit?
Team fit and coaching is a big factor.
Work ethic and development.

Like I said, I think Penix has great fundamentals but I have no clue if he can be that guy in the NFL.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like pocket-passing QB have done much better in the NFL.

Think the pedigre that matters most is the guys who played in college the longest. 3 and 4-year guys seem to have a better success rate than the 1 or 2 good-year guys.