• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fangio's our DC

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really warming up to this hire... Very nice hire for the D. We will have a real D soon.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Fantastic. Give this guy a couple of draft classes to mold and hopefully our defense returns to form.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Donatell is coming along with him, this is also fantastic news...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Former #49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell is expected to join new #Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio in Chicago, source said.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Tucker has left the building.

Good riddance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah! Bring Donatell and Leavitt with please! Listen... I would love for Fangio to be our DC until he retires or succeeds Fox when he retires, but realistically he could be a HC in the next season or two somewhere else. Having Donatell and Leavitt aboard means we would have someone groomed to replace him if that happens (one would probably go with him to serve as DC while the other would be promoted here as DC).

This is fantastic! The fact that Fox's first order of business was to get a DC and to specifically get Fangio reflects that building a Fangio-defense is the first order of business and where the Fox project will begin. I think we're likely targeting an edge rushing LB at no. 7 if this is the case. The only two players that may not have a place at all here are Will Sutton who is a prototypical 3 technique (not sure if he could play DE in a 3-4) and Jared Allen. I think the LBs could be re-purposed.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see that we finally are going with proven hires for once. Great get!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Donatell is coming along with him, this is also fantastic news...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Former #49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell is expected to join new #Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio in Chicago, source said.

You're welcome! :L

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Tucker... FUCK OUTA HERE!!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge upgrade over Tucker.

Course then again, a sock monkey would be an improvement.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NICE!! Was being reported this morning that group was def. going to Washington- Foxy Got em instead!! NICE!!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0 against Aaron Rodgers!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah! Bring Donatell and Leavitt with please! Listen... I would love for Fangio to be our DC until he retires or succeeds Fox when he retires, but realistically he could be a HC in the next season or two somewhere else. Having Donatell and Leavitt aboard means we would have someone groomed to replace him if that happens (one would probably go with him to serve as DC while the other would be promoted here as DC).

This is fantastic! The fact that Fox's first order of business was to get a DC and to specifically get Fangio reflects that building a Fangio-defense is the first order of business and where the Fox project will begin. I think we're likely targeting an edge rushing LB at no. 7 if this is the case. The only two players that may not have a place at all here are Will Sutton who is a prototypical 3 technique (not sure if he could play DE in a 3-4) and Jared Allen. I think the LBs could be re-purposed.

I think Sutton can do fine as a defensive end in a 3-4. You want size, he has it. When they drafted the tackles, Ego was the run stopper, Sutton was the guy that could get after the quarterback. To me that fits in a 3-4 but also allows you to slide over and fuck over an offense by shifting him to the middle, put a big backer like sheas hand down and run the 4-3.

C

cubzzzfanincali

going to be a little interesting, but the one area of overlap in philosophy between Fox and Fangio is both use a 2-gap system, Fox just usually does that with a 4-3 and Fangio usually a 3-4. Either way we are probably getting bigger at DT and faster at linebacker. Also we need another better man coverage CB.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more Tampa fucking two.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The Bears haven't run much Tampa 2 for about 3 years now, so I'm not sure what you are going to be missing.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cott Damn it!!!! Congrats ya'll. Nice upgrade:suds:

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off...... screw you guys!!!!

All kidding aside you guys should see a remarkable turn around on D, Fangio worked miracles with a ton of our best players on IR or banged up. He will be bringing a base 3-4 D and likes to play 2 high safety's relying heavily on the LB's and front 7 to stop the run. He is not Blitz happy like some DC's but he is known to dial them up mostly in the right situation. Of course Chicago doesn't quite have the studs that the 49ers have had during his time here, but I'm sure their will be significant improvement.

He is a great coach and tells it like it is..always enjoyed his pressers he is no BS kinda guy, Congrats on a great hire.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off...... screw you guys!!!!

All kidding aside you guys should see a remarkable turn around on D, Fangio worked miracles with a ton of our best players on IR or banged up. He will be bringing a base 3-4 D and likes to play 2 high safety's relying heavily on the LB's and front 7 to stop the run. He is not Blitz happy like some DC's but he is known to dial them up mostly in the right situation. Of course Chicago doesn't quite have the studs that the 49ers have had during his time here, but I'm sure their will be significant improvement.

He is a great coach and tells it like it is..always enjoyed his pressers he is no BS kinda guy, Congrats on a great hire.

Thanks for the heads up, most every Bear fan I know of on any forum are shocked and love this coaching pick up. Felt totally unexpected.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jared Allen is guaranteed 12 mil for next season.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Jared Allen be moved to OLB and be like Peppers was with GB this year? They are going to need some more 5 tech DE's cause they don't have that on this roster right now.
I think Willie Young can be used as a rush end and be the Aldon Smith type- but the Bears are going to need the big run stuffing DE's that a 3-4 needs. LB's are young and athletic... it's going to be interesting moving forward.