• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Power Rankings: Your top 15

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Washington Redskins Injuries | Pro-Football-Reference.com

No depth huh? Take a look at their injury list for this season - staggering. 16 guys on IR and another 13 who have missed games due to injuries. At times their OL has been missing 80% of their players & several backups & the remaining player was hurt. They have played games where 6 of the 11 offensive starters were missing as well as missing several defensive players & their starting K is on IR. They have also been missing or been playing hurt w/ most of their secondary at times as well as their 2 best DL. Their top receiver - Reed - has missed most of the season.

Their depth is not that bad, but in the salary cap era no team can survive this many injuries. Please tell me just about any NFL team that would survive this many injuries. Not making excuses - just the reality. Even an 8-8 record at this pt is somewhat of a miracle. The silver lining is that this actually will likely produce depth in the future & help to develop some future talent.

The Saints have 13 players in IR. They seems to manage. It's because they have a running game, they have a decent defense, they have that supporting cast behind Brees. Carolina has 10 players on IR and another 7 players on the injury report. Yet they are right in the thick of the division race. Seattle has 12 guys out for the season but are still 3 games over .500. It's all about the supporting cast and the depth of the team. Washington just doesn't have that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints have 13 players in IR. They seems to manage. It's because they have a running game, they have a decent defense, they have that supporting cast behind Brees. Carolina has 10 players on IR and another 7 players on the injury report. Yet they are right in the thick of the division race. Seattle has 12 guys out for the season but are still 3 games over .500. It's all about the supporting cast and the depth of the team. Washington just doesn't have that.

I looked at the Saints injury list & just not familiar enough w / these players but most appear to be on defense. If they survived that great. However - again - I don't see just about any NFL team surviving missing most of their OL as well as other key players & in this era you just can't have insane amts of depth. One of the key OL injuries for the Skins was their top reserve - an OT. During this season they actually did find a very good C & some other players. I totally dispute your claim about depth. What do you want them to do - find 10-12 OL for the team? That is just not possible in this era.

Again - I think that this bodes well for the future since it helps discover & develop some young talent. I just can't imagine that they will have this many injury issues next season. They also apparently have found a RB (Perine). They likely will draft another RB early next draft so they should be OK in that area. Doctson is also a potential very good WR in the NFL - we will see. I am not worried.

To basically claim that injuries are not a factor is just nonsense (nothing new for you).

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the Saints injury list & just not familiar enough w / these players but most appear to be on defense. If they survived that great. However - again - I don't see just about any NFL team surviving missing most of their OL as well as other key players & in this era you just can't have insane amts of depth. One of the key OL injuries for the Skins was their top reserve - an OT. During this season they actually did find a very good C & some other players. I totally dispute your claim about depth. What do you want them to do - find 10-12 OL for the team? That is just not possible in this era.

Again - I think that this bodes well for the future since it helps discover & develop some young talent. I just can't imagine that they will have this many injury issues next season. They also apparently have found a RB (Perine). They likely will draft another RB early next draft so they should be OK in that area. Doctson is also a potential very good WR in the NFL - we will see. I am not worried.

To basically claim that injuries are not a factor is just nonsense (nothing new for you).

Please point out where I said that injuries were not a factor. I clearly said that the Redskins are a bad team with bad injuries and no supporting cast around Kirk Cousins. Once again, please tell me where that statement is false.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Superbowl played by two teams in the top 6 of these rankings.

What I dont understand is how the Vikings really havent done anything to show any failure, yet they dropped & not only that are two spots below the team they beat?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Eagles
2. Patriots
3. Steelers
4. Rams
5. Vikings