• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embrassing loss

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick: Could you not access the Redskins games via Slingbox? The trick is to find someone in the DC market and have them install the box onto their cable system I can't do it as I live in the Baltimore area and don't get some of the games. Besides I don't like you enough. :)

But it may be an option for you, maybe one of the KFFL local guys may hook you up, They would need a room cable ready but without a box or a room with a box that they do not use during game time that you could tap into You'd need to reimburse them obviously for the box rental. Just a thought

Heh, well I wouldn't steal your cable if you paid me, so there :lol:

Actually the issue isn't saving the money on ST, its that this team is unwatchable at times, at any price.:L

And as WizFan says, we've all made that bluff at one time or another, but I may have a kid on the way and I don't know if I can subject him/her to growing up a Redskins fan...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, well I wouldn't steal your cable if you paid me, so there :lol:

Actually the issue isn't saving the money on ST, its that this team is unwatchable at times, at any price.:L

And as WizFan says, we've all made that bluff at one time or another, but I may have a kid on the way and I don't know if I can subject him/her to growing up a Redskins fan...

Well - it may be better than raising your kid to be a Chargers or Raiders fan. What in the world happened to the Chargers yesterday? You must have some in your backyard - they must be scratching their heads right now.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - it may be better than raising your kid to be a Chargers or Raiders fan. What in the world happened to the Chargers yesterday? You must have some in your backyard - they must be scratching their heads right now.

Chargers fans in general are much more ambivalent about their team than Skins fans, which given our respective histories isn't such a bad thing.

I'm just gonna raise the kid to do arts and crafts on Sundays in the fall :lol:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers fans in general are much more ambivalent about their team than Skins fans, which given our respective histories isn't such a bad thing.

I'm just gonna raise the kid to do arts and crafts on Sundays in the fall :lol:

Maybe by the time your kids are in their teens the Lakers will be good again. :pound:

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe by the time your kids are in their teens the Lakers will be good again. :pound:

Maybe... could also just hop on the LA Kings bandwagon, FTW. I was at their Cup clinching game vs NY Rangers this June, it was awesome!

Seeing my logos under my name on here, being Redskins, Caps, Nationals plus the Wiz too, I am starting to question why I'm a sports fan at all? I'm starting to feel like these guys:

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the first quilt can be a tribute to Saturdays Terps win vs Penn State. That had to make your sports jimmies tingle, eh Dave?

Yeah on your list of shitty local teams I immediately thought about Maryland. Sat was nice but does not undo the past, or the future for that matter.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah on your list of shitty local teams I immediately thought about Maryland. Sat was nice but does not undo the past, or the future for that matter.

Maybe the Redskins can take a lesson from the Terps. Perhaps the key to winning is not shaking hands with the opposing team before the opening kickoff. :yahoo:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... could also just hop on the LA Kings bandwagon, FTW. I was at their Cup clinching game vs NY Rangers this June, it was awesome!

Seeing my logos under my name on here, being Redskins, Caps, Nationals plus the Wiz too, I am starting to question why I'm a sports fan at all? I'm starting to feel like these guys:

I am right there with you. I have not lived in the DC area for quite a while & root for all of those teams except the Nats (since I never lived there when they were in DC). The only exception is the freaking Angels who built up my hopes only to not show up at all in the playoffs. I am starting to think that I am a jinx to some of these teams. Oh well - will make it that much sweeter when one of these teams actually wins it all (best shot might be the Wiz if they pickup Durant in 2016).