• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embrassing loss

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that Giants game was pretty bad..much more embarrassing too.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Gruden also basically told Kiper he was a dumbass for stating that Russell Wilson had no chance to make it in the league.

I would trust Johns eye for talent over any of the other idiots we have had for talent evaluators over the last decade.

But to agree with other posts above, that probably wouldn't be a good situation. Brothers...GM and HC... Prolly not a good thing.

Russell Wilson walked into the perfect situation please

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To lose on the road by a field goal to a team about as good as you are is not embarrassing. What is embarrassing is having a head coach go for 2 with over 9 minutes to go. That lost point could have been the difference between a winning FG and a FG to force overtime.

I too put most of it on the defense. There is no way a team with that QB should have put up 29 points. Hass backed off the blitz and there were still holes on the deep sideline all game long. The 2 pentalties on the final drive, especially the push off by DJax, were huge. Without that call they have a 2nd and 2 near midfield and I love our chances.

As for Griff I give him an average score. Dean't right, he has to hit that 4th down pass. But it shouldn't have come to that. His pick at the end of the half changed the game. I have no doubt it hit the ground by the way it bounced up in the air, why they didn't have another angle for the replay is beyond me. Still it was a bad pass under pressure. And he took about 2 sacks he should not have taken. But of course he avoided 2 sacks that others take and threw for 1st downs twice, one on a spectacular play that few QBs make on the sideline pass to Halu, so I look at that as a wash. To say he played like crap is just more nonsense from Dean. With that said he had a chance to win at the end and didn't get it done. But he hung 26 (should have been 27) and that wins most games

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dg fan I know this loss in on the defense but Griff has to hit that 4th down pass and the redzone play calling is just awful. Plus you cant throw that pick at the end of the half. Even Gruden brought it up on the press conference. NFL QB's can not do that. Anyone think Haz could get fired over the bye week?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dg fan I know this loss in on the defense but Griff has to hit that 4th down pass and the redzone play calling is just awful. Anyone think Haz could get fired over the bye week?

Haz will not be fired this season. Primarily because we have no replacement. He may not be back next year, tho.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't there rumblings last year that Morris was going to take over?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Morris done to deserve the promotion? How has our secondary played under him as the coach?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but that would be the in house candidate if they did fire Haz.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no in-house candidate. That's why we need to wait until the off season.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Morris done to deserve the promotion? How has our secondary played under him as the coach?

They have looked confused and disoriented and let receivers fly past them waiving their arms as if they expected deep help but there was no deep help.

So no fucking thanks to Raheem Morris getting promoted! No fucking way!

There is no in-house candidate. That's why we need to wait until the off season.

This is the correct answer. Clean house!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dg fan I know this loss in on the defense but Griff has to hit that 4th down pass and the redzone play calling is just awful. Plus you cant throw that pick at the end of the half. Even Gruden brought it up on the press conference. NFL QB's can not do that. Anyone think Haz could get fired over the bye week?

Huh? So less than a week after Haslett is being called brilliant you want him to be fired? Should all coaches on teams with losing records be evaluated and possibly dismissed after every bad game? Ridiculous.

I have criticized Haslett as much as anyone, but the knee jerk reactions need to stop. This type of opinion sounds very Snyder-esque.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have looked confused and disoriented and let receivers fly past them waiving their arms as if they expected deep help but there was no deep help.

So no fucking thanks to Raheem Morris getting promoted! No fucking way!

This is the correct answer. Clean house!

First wait & see what happens in the remaining games. You know how that works. The performance & efforts of many over the next 7 games will go a long way in determining the plans moving forward.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? So less than a week after Haslett is being called brilliant you want him to be fired? Should all coaches on teams with losing records be evaluated and possibly dismissed after every bad game? Ridiculous.

I have criticized Haslett as much as anyone, but the knee jerk reactions need to stop. This type of opinion sounds very Snyder-esque.

He should have been fired this past summer, based on his 4 year body of work. His one great game plan vs Dallas does not save his tenure of make him a genius. He went right back to being idiotic with his game plan vs the Vikes. Unfortunately he's idiotic about 12 games a year and smart about 2.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been fired this past summer, based on his 4 year body of work. His one great game plan vs Dallas does not save his tenure of make him a genius. He went right back to being idiotic with his game plan vs the Vikes. Unfortunately he's idiotic about 12 games a year and smart about 2.

I can live with him being fired during the offseason (and was shocked he was brought back). However - you don't just fire coaches in season after what basically was one bad half of defense (the defense played brilliant at times yesterday during the 1st half). Remember - one of the knocks on this team is consistency & having no patience with coaches.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with him being fired during the offseason (and was shocked he was brought back). However - you don't just fire coaches in season after what basically was one bad half of defense (the defense played brilliant at times yesterday during the 1st half). Remember - one of the knocks on this team is consistency & having no patience with coaches.

I'm not advocating firing him or anyone mid season... that's what dysfunctional teams typically. But if he comes back in 2015, I may not be able to watch the Redskins much longer and I definitely won't renew my NFLST.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating firing him or anyone mid season... that's what dysfunctional teams typically. But if he comes back in 2015, I may not be able to watch the Redskins much longer and I definitely won't renew my NFLST.

Careful - most of us have made promises like this in the past only to come back for more. :doh:

After all - we are Redskins fans & to a certain degree we are gluttons for punishment!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kick: Could you not access the Redskins games via Slingbox? The trick is to find someone in the DC market and have them install the box onto their cable system I can't do it as I live in the Baltimore area and don't get some of the games. Besides I don't like you enough. :)

But it may be an option for you, maybe one of the KFFL local guys may hook you up, They would need a room cable ready but without a box or a room with a box that they do not use during game time that you could tap into You'd need to reimburse them obviously for the box rental. Just a thought

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson walked into the perfect situation please

Sure, there is a top notch defense and a nice running back there...

But I would say he has been (and will be) better than any QB we have or have had in the last 20 years. He is physically and mentally gifted (has a knack for the game), can make enough plays with his feet. I doubt you could find anyone on this board that wouldn't say..."Wish we would would've drafted him".

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, there is a top notch defense and a nice running back there...

But I would say he has been (and will be) better than any QB we have or have had in the last 20 years. He is physically and mentally gifted (has a knack for the game), can make enough plays with his feet. I doubt you could find anyone on this board that wouldn't say..."Wish we would would've drafted him".

Have to agree. Im going to also throw it out there, dont look now but the kid 99% of the board screamed should'nt even be a consideration and was the next QB picked, isnt doing to bad for himself down in Miami either.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill hasnt been spectacular for sure. But yeah, I am with you...Picking up him and not losing those picks probably puts us where we are now...worst case scenario. I think RG has the potential to be better than RT though...if he can stay healthy long enough.