• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans it is

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals with another chance to break a streak..... The franchise has never won a road playoff game.

Tennessee is a tough team. They don't get enough credit or love because they aren't as flashy as some of the other postseason teams. They also had two really bad, uncharacteristic losses (Jets and Texans). But they had a number of quality wins (KC, Buffalo, SF) this season, too. So, I guess it's all about who you get from week to week.

Burrow's best win from his rookie season was against the Titans. That was one of the first days he demonstrated how good he can be when he gets into a rhythm. Hopefully the D is healthy enough to compete, because this is a good matchup for our offense.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure this will be the media narrative all week but it's obvious that Henry's health is the biggest factor in the game. If he's MVP caliber Henry they can keep the ball out of Burrow's hands, shorten the game, and most likely get some chunks plays off of play action. If he's not it's advantage Bengals.

I think this is a 30-27 type game and I give the Bengals a very good chance of winning it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also kind of shocked that a franchise who won multiple conference championship games has never won a single road playoff game. Crazy stat

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their run game is a concern. If the Bengals can get out in front and force them to pass more, that could be a benefit - but need guys like Hendrickson back or it won't matter much without the pass-rush.

This would be a game where the offense needs to hit on things early, and maintain some consistency - especially if multiple defensive guys are out.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a really good game.

Henry will be playing so it's going to be very interesting.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their run game is a concern. If the Bengals can get out in front and force them to pass more, that could be a benefit - but need guys like Hendrickson back or it won't matter much without the pass-rush.

This would be a game where the offense needs to hit on things early, and maintain some consistency - especially if multiple defensive guys are out.

Yeah, it really hasn't been their M.O., but I think they might need to play this game as aggressive as possible from an offensive standpoint. Put the ball in number 9's hands and ask him to score 30+.... Obviously this is a risk - This team has finally stopped making mistakes and turnovers and being aggressive on the road isn't without risk of turnover.

I'd just hate to lose a game where Burrow only touches the ball 3 or 4 times in the second half (which is almost what happened the other night).

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, you like and die with your stars. Burrow is their franchise QB. Put the game in his hands. Period. They will go as far as he will take them.

Spread them out in empty, and let him go to work. They aren’t gonna beat this team in the trenches right now.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, you like and die with your stars. Burrow is their franchise QB. Put the game in his hands. Period. They will go as far as he will take them.

Spread them out in empty, and let him go to work. They aren’t gonna beat this team in the trenches right now.
I agree. But every drop back with our oline could end the season for burrow.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But every drop back with our oline could end the season for burrow.
Agreed. Which is why the quick passing game has to be crisp. Get the ball out of Burrow’s hand quickly. Get it to Chase, Mixon in space. Work the short middle of the field. YAC.

Invite the blitz. Set up those one on one deep shots that have been lethal all season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Which is why the quick passing game has to be crisp. Get the ball out of Burrow’s hand quickly. Get it to Chase, Mixon in space. Work the short middle of the field. YAC.

Invite the blitz. Set up those one on one deep shots that have been lethal all season.
To this point, I have to say that I was impressed with the passing game design for Vegas. We heard all week about Maxx Crosby and how he would wreck our gameplan. The only time there pass rush really factored in was in the redzone when there wasn't as much space for the quick passes..... And most of the pressures/sacks came on stunts. Solid job by our coaching staff understanding our weaknesses coming into the game and planning around them.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feels like a slug it out, kick FGs, punt a lot, ugly game. DL depleted....I'm not confident