• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddie Lacy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is encouraging that Lacey seems to motivated to be in shape for camp. Maybe this is the year for him :noidea:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, there's a couple of things in play here.
  • Zona - I agree that Zona had a top-notch offense last season. But not all offenses repeat or have the same success in consecutive seasons. Add in that Chris Johnson and Ellington aren't exactly out of the equation since all averaged over 5 yards-per-carry (along with David Johnson). I mentioned a little more on Foot's thread.
  • Packers - Nelson was out. Cobb had issues. Lacy became a Volkswagen. Either the Packers are trending down or 2015 was just a down year offensively. Lacy has less competition than David Johnson.
Monkey mentioned something similar about how everyone viewed Hill in Cincy a year ago. Hill was viewed as the heir but Bernard was still a relevant RB and did better statistically. There's a 3-headed RB monster in Arizona but no one else seems to see it that way.

It comes down to value. I think what may be missed here is that fantasy owners seem to get frustrated when players don't perform as expected. First round picks especially. Seems clear already that owners will be buying high on David Johnson. Again, Lacy offers a better situation IMO and his value meter may allow you to pick up an elite WR1 first.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I need to shut up about Lacy.
I'd love to draft Antonio Brown, Julio or ODB and then pull the trigger on Lacy in round two.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Leveon Bell shed some weight, his quickness improved by a lot and its one of the reasons he is so good now. I would expect the same for Lacy. Could cost some GL carries but its going to help him in the long run.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy offers a better situation IMO and his value meter may allow you to pick up an elite WR1 first.

As a second round pick, that allowed me to go elite WR1 in the first. Yeah I could go for that.:nod:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the last few years many an Rb has been in a similar preseason discussion
and where there value may be when to take a chance etc

Foster coming off injuries
AP the same
Charles a few years back and certainly now again
Bell with the 2 game Suspension
Murray in Philly

and though in later rounds the same questions came up with

Lamaar
Stewart with DeAngelo gone
Lynch when he first left Buffalo
Ivory when he became a Jet

these are just a few off of the top of my head

i know that you all have more examples

anyhow on to point

Here's hoping that you guys grab other Rbs earlier and leave Lacy behind for me in late round 2 or round 3

He is in a situation where he can easily bounce back
and bounce back big time Jordy will certainly demand some coverage and Cobb wont be alone
even if he doesn,t eat up yardage i think he will have plenty of scoring chances