• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles realease Mathis

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered the metric as proof that the teams and players value this time and put a ton of time and effort into it. As far as how they evaluate, alot of this stuff is closely held info. We can only speculate. I am of the opinion (but don't know) that alot of this weight room and "classroom" time probably gets alot more physical than anyone is willing to admit.

Now you're just guessing in order to validate yourself.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then my point stands that no team, save perhaps one that thinks it can win now, will be willing to eat $12-$15mm in dead money when he's gone in two years.

So top pay for a guard is $8M a year. The hypo contract I laid out was 3 years, $23M. If you thinks its fair market value, a team can put that into any cap year they want. While it is "dead money" technically perhaps, I don't think many teams would balk at that if they feel its fair wages for the job. Its really up to the team and their cap manager on which cap year to put the money in.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just guessing in order to validate yourself.

No one knows what goes on behind close doors. You assume nothing of any value that builds ability or provides insight into ability. I assume the opposite. Its 8 freakin weeks. That is half a football season that clearly these teams deeply value. I assume they are getting value out of it.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So top pay for a guard is $8M a year. The hypo contract I laid out was 3 years, $23M. If you thinks its fair market value, a team can put that into any cap year they want. While it is "dead money" technically perhaps, I don't think many teams would balk at that if they feel its fair wages for the job. Its really up to the team and their cap manager on which cap year to put the money in.

So which teams on your list do you think would be willing to pay $7.75mm per year?

You could probably use your dick to count them. NONE! :D

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which teams on your list do you think would be willing to pay $7.75mm per year?

I agree 100%. Mathis has way overvalued his services which was the original point. Glad to see you are coming around on that.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then as i said, you're just guessing.

lol. Love the way you ignore the rest of the quote. To assume nothing happens in 8 weeks is more ignorant than to assume something happens.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Mathis has way overvalued his services which was the original point. Glad to see you are coming around on that.

they're not going to do it now. What they may have been willing to do during FA or before the draft is different.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Love the way you ignore the rest of the quote. To assume nothing happens in 8 weeks is more ignorant than to assume something happens.

Everything after that is rendered moot by your first sentence.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything after that is rendered moot by your first sentence.

So UPS delivers a big box to your door. It has a certain size and weight, but you have no idea what is in it. I guess you just assume its empty and throw it in the trash? Or do you assume something is in it and open it up to see? Perhaps you can't see into it, but others can? When they tell you what is in it do you believe them? Or do you still assume it is empty?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are absolutely correct. This was Mathis fault and he overvalued his position. Take a look at the current salaries for NFL Guards. NFL Salary Rankings | Spotrac

Yes there are some that are getting a lot of money but the list is based on average some will not see the end of those contracts. If you look at the details you will see how the salaries. I clicked on Logan Mankins and he is getting $6.25 mil this year. Andy Levitre $6.25 mil and Josh Sitton $4.5. I did not mention the other 2 two in the top 5 because their contracts are new.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UPS delivers a big box to your door. It has a certain size and weight, but you have no idea what is in it. I guess you just assume its empty and throw it in the trash? Or do you assume something is in it and open it up to see? Perhaps you can't see into it, but others can? When they tell you what is in it do you believe them? Or do you still assume it is empty?

If running around in your shorts was able to tell you anything about their actual playing ability they'd never put pads on in practice would they.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If running around in your shorts was able to tell you anything about their actual playing ability they'd never put pads on in practice would they.

So again you are saying that nothing that builds or reveals ability happens in the NFL's 8 week offseason program in April-June of each year. At least as far as Offensive Lineman are concerned. Why did Jason Peters, Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce just waste the last 8 weeks of their lives when they could have been sipping Pina Coladas in Arizona?

I get it now that you believe what you believe. Just understand that 99.8% of NFL players disagree with you.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again you are saying that nothing that builds or reveals ability happens in the NFL's 8 week offseason program in April-June of each year. At least as far as Offensive Lineman are concerned. Why did Jason Peters, Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce just waste the last 8 weeks of their lives when they could have been sipping Pina Coladas in Arizona?

I get it now that you believe what you believe. Just understand that 99.8% of NFL players disagree with you.

Just because you're not in camp doesn't mean they aren't working out.

If being a workout warrior meant anything Mamula would've been an all-pro. On that, 100% of nfl players agree.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absolutely correct. This was Mathis fault and he overvalued his position. Take a look at the current salaries for NFL Guards. NFL Salary Rankings | Spotrac

Yes there are some that are getting a lot of money but the list is based on average some will not see the end of those contracts. If you look at the details you will see how the salaries. I clicked on Logan Mankins and he is getting $6.25 mil this year. Andy Levitre $6.25 mil and Josh Sitton $4.5. I did not mention the other 2 two in the top 5 because their contracts are new.

He may have, but we'll never know. He was never given the chance was he.

dpd claims that Tobin (a guy who got replaced after 6 weeks) and Barbre ( a guy who didn't play a game last year) surpassed him by lifting weights and reading books. The eagles training centre just became another Lourdes.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If being a workout warrior meant anything Mamula would've been an all-pro. On that, 100% of nfl players agree.

lol. You know a debater's got nothing when they cry Mamula.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think show up to camp workouts and working out on your own are two different things. It is also about chemistry. There are players that don't show every year. However since most players in the NFL show for voluntary workouts even the top players there is something to be said about that.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dpd claims that Tobin (a guy who got replaced after 6 weeks) and Barbre ( a guy who didn't play a game last year) surpassed him by lifting weights and reading books. The eagles training centre just became another Lourdes.

Well right or wrong, that is exactly what happened. It's not a claim...its a fact. Reading the Eagles roster will tell you that.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. You know a debater's got nothing when they cry Mamula.

You're trying to make the argument that you can judge talent by running around in your shorts. It's factually wrong and Mamula is merely an example. If you like we can use Mandarich, Russell, or any number of 1st round busts.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right or wrong, that is exactly what happened. It's not a claim...its a fact. Reading the Eagles roster will tell you that.

Given that you haven't seen sfa of their activities how would you know? Because kelly says so? :rolleyes:

Reading the roster won't tell anything more than who's on the roster, how tall they are, how much they weigh and what position they might play. :rolleyes: