• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles @ Cowboys

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for your input

I just think it's funny when people get a little bent out of shape because someone has something negative to say - as if everything is peaches and cream, all the time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's funny when people get a little bent out of shape because someone has something negative to say - as if everything is peaches and cream, all the time.
you talking to me?

and all because I didn't agree with your assessment of the coaching job last night?

and how am I bent outta shape....LOL

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you talking to me?

and all because I didn't agree with your assessment of the coaching job last night?

and how am I bent outta shape....LOL

Nope wasn't directing that to you specifically. Just a general statement.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Garrett and his coaches deserve a little love from time to time. I actually thought they were good last night but with some of you, they can't win or losing...which is evident by some of the posts

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Garrett and his coaches deserve a little love from time to time. I actually thought they were good last night but with some of you, they can't win or losing...which is evident by some of the posts

I'll give Garrett credit where it is due. He may have been excellent in the 4th QTR, I missed it. But he was not good in the first half - it's not unfair to point that out.

To Garrett's credit, and this is something I have always said, he gets the guys ready to play, and they don't quit on him. They play hard for him, unquestionably, and that to me speaks a lot about Garrett the man. His players seem to love him. All that said, Garrett is not a good X's & O's coach, and it shows up on game day several times a year - IMO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Garrett's credit, and this is something I have always said, he gets the guys ready to play, and they don't quit on him. They play hard for him, unquestionably, and that to me speaks a lot about Garrett the man. His players seem to love him. All that said, Garrett is not a good X's & O's coach, and it shows up on game day several times a year - IMO.
it's a thankless job for many...thankfully Garrett has assistants that can carry him through

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a thankless job for many...thankfully Garrett has assistants that can carry him through

This year's staff is probably the best we have had since Parcells was here with Payton. Overall, I am very pleased so far. And I acknowledge that I jumped the gun on Marinelli's D this year - still, I wish he would bring a little more pressure every once in a while.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our play calling sucked last night. Good thing we had a bye week to get us prepared for that game. I mean WTF was up with some of the shit that went on that field last night?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's staff is probably the best we have had since Parcells was here with Payton. Overall, I am very pleased so far. And I acknowledge that I jumped the gun on Marinelli's D this year - still, I wish he would bring a little more pressure every once in a while.

I think after last night you have to go for broke if the price is right. I do think Wentz had people near him all night so there was pressure, but if there is a chance to get another pass rusher then yI would take it. Again this is looking at the biggest picture of all. 6-1 looks really good.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well their is plenty of chicken poop all over the game but in the end a win is a win is a win

Can they improve sure in lots of areas but I prefer to look at the positives let the coaches try to correct the negative and get ready for the Browns coming up.

Plenty of time to dissect the nuances of the things that went wrong after basking in the glow of winning for a couple days as fans the coaches and players get back to the grind right away

JMHO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, did romo teach dak his spin move? the pass to witten reminded me of what romo has done in the past. you can't game plan for that. one of the complaints I have is I though zeke should have had more touches. he is dynamic

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first saw it I said that Chris Jones really sold that so well.

But now I'm not sold at all that it was a fake punt ...that punt was going to be blocked!

faaake.0.gif

Lol maybe it was not by design. Jones runs pretty fast for a punter

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not running the ball on first down was idiotic and gave Philly 3 points. You need to run down the clock or make Philly use their last time out. continued horrible clock management by Garrett. He should have walked over to Linehan and said run it first down. Then you take it from there. Second down, the call to throw wasn't as bad because you need to get 6 points there, not 3 and play one was already done. Running first down could get you in or to the one yard line or at worst the same as an incomplete pass, but minimizes the chances for Philly to get points.
I would agree a run or option would have been a good call there. Had no issue with the second down pass

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well their is plenty of chicken poop all over the game but in the end a win is a win is a win

Can they improve sure in lots of areas but I prefer to look at the positives let the coaches try to correct the negative and get ready for the Browns coming up.

Plenty of time to dissect the nuances of the things that went wrong after basking in the glow of winning for a couple days as fans the coaches and players get back to the grind right away

JMHO
Colors, I do the love the way you put things. 100%, a win is a win!!!!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody notice Witten's moves on Jenkins that got him open on the game-winning TD? Of course, the LB bit on Dak running, but Witten made Jenkins stumble. And Jenkins is a damn good player. Even at this stage in his career, Witten's route running is as crisp as ever. People always wonder how Witten gets so open. It's because he's one of the best route running TEs to ever play the game. If not the best.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody notice Witten's moves on Jenkins that got him open on the game-winning TD? Of course, the LB bit on Dak running, but Witten made Jenkins stumble. And Jenkins is a damn good player. Even at this stage in his career, Witten's route running is as crisp as ever. People always wonder how Witten gets so open. It's because he's one of the best route running TEs to ever play the game. If not the best.

He's about as fast as a statue, but no doubt Witten is as crafty as they come.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Morris Claiborne seriously hurt again. :gaah: