• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles-Cowboys Game Thread.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and Sanchez basically had the same stats this year ... Foles did good last year, but had more turnovers than TD's this year (13 TD's, 10 Int's 4 Fumbles). Is he a little better than Sanchez? probably ... but not enough to take us any further imo. Neither is a QB I'd have any confidence in to take us to a Super Bowl. What Foles did last year is irrelevant now ... Michael Vick was the runner up MVP the first year he had significant PT here; made no difference the following years.

The only stat that matters is wins Nick Foles is a winner. 6-2 as the starter this year and could very well have been 8-0 but Riley coopers drop in San fran and Nate I bite on the double move Allen letting brown get by him. He is the Qb of the present and future for this team. Anybody who thinks a rookie Qb is going to come in next year and make this team a super champ needs to have their head exammed. Rookies make mistakes like Josh Huff whose nickname should be mistake. Nick Foles is working through those growing pains. Behind a better Oline than he had for most of this year he will be fine.
Conversely Mark Sanchez is not a winner, he chokes . Chip Kelly is not coaching like a winning coach right now. Might be because he has Sanchez at Qb and he has torn out all but two pages of his playbook. Kelly right now is getting out coached by bufoons like Jason Garrett. He needs to take the next step as a head coach or he is going to find himself coaching a college team again and not by choice

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only stat that matters is wins Nick Foles is a winner. 6-2 as the starter this year and could very well have been 8-0 but Riley coopers drop in San fran and Nate I bite on the double move Allen letting brown get by him. He is the Qb of the present and future for this team. Anybody who thinks a rookie Qb is going to come in next year and make this team a super champ needs to have their head exammed. Rookies make mistakes like Josh Huff whose nickname should be mistake. Nick Foles is working through those growing pains. Behind a better Oline than he had for most of this year he will be fine.
Conversely Mark Sanchez is not a winner, he chokes . Chip Kelly is not coaching like a winning coach right now. Might be because he has Sanchez at Qb and he has torn out all but two pages of his playbook. Kelly right now is getting out coached by bufoons like Jason Garrett. He needs to take the next step as a head coach or he is going to find himself coaching a college team again and not by choice

I hope you're right Taz ... I would like nothing more than Foles to come back next year and prove me wrong. As far as him being outcoached though I don't see it. As I said in another thread, guys were running open last night with "college" separation .... Sanchez was simply missing them. It doesn't matter what plays you call if your QB can't hit wide open receivers. Then you had our DC single covering Dez Bryant all night ... only double teaming his side a few times. That's simply unacceptable.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good observation Rey, about Davis' lack of doubling up on Bryant. Fool me once - OK. Fool me 3 times - maybe Davis goes next year and Rex Ryan takes over as DC. I like Davis but last night was unbelievable not giving Fletcher help. And why isn't Carroll starting over Fletcher?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is not coaching like a winning coach right now. Might be because he has Sanchez at Qb and he has torn out all but two pages of his playbook. Kelly right now is getting out coached by bufoons like Jason Garrett. He needs to take the next step as a head coach or he is going to find himself coaching a college team again and not by choice

I agreed with everything but this part and trust me I am not a Kelly apologist. Before he was hired I wanted nothing to do with him. I think he did a really good job yesterday. Sure the first two drives were really bad but you know what a lot of teams will struggle early at times. The Cowboys had 10 days to prepare and it showed. After that he called the plays that worked but his QB was garbage at every key point in last nights game.

There is a talent issue on the Eagles and people seem to ignore that. This is a team that is overachieving anyway but as the talent improves so will the direction of the team.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and Sanchez basically had the same stats this year ... Foles did good last year, but had more turnovers than TD's this year (13 TD's, 10 Int's 4 Fumbles). Is he a little better than Sanchez? probably ... but not enough to take us any further imo. Neither is a QB I'd have any confidence in to take us to a Super Bowl. What Foles did last year is irrelevant now ... Michael Vick was the runner up MVP the first year he had significant PT here; made no difference the following years.

I agreed with everything but this part and trust me I am not a Kelly apologist. Before he was hired I wanted nothing to do with him. I think he did a really good job yesterday. Sure the first two drives were really bad but you know what a lot of teams will struggle early at times. The Cowboys had 10 days to prepare and it showed. After that he called the plays that worked but his QB was garbage at every key point in last nights game.

There is a talent issue on the Eagles and people seem to ignore that. This is a team that is overachieving anyway but as the talent improves so will the direction of the team.

Like I said it may be because Sanchez is at QB that has changed the way he is calling games. But there are other reasons besides the offense that is leading me to this. Cause and effect, The fact that they let Desean Jackson go made drafting a WR in rounds 2 and 3 a priority. That in turn takes away a chance where they could have addressed the secondary. The fact that he continues to trust Josh Huff when the kid doesnt nothing but make mistakes. The fact that they are still 15 million under the cap and have the issues they do in the secondary is criminal in my mind. A league average corner and safety and this team has two more wins this year. That is on Chip since Chip controls the roster.

Oh and with all this I am not down on Chip, he is in year two of coaching in the NFL, he still has alot to learn. The league has made adjustments to him, now he needs to make adjustments to them. That will tell you if he is a long term NFL coach or if he is just another in a long line of college coaches who are busts in the NFL.

As far as talent goes, Bradley Fletcher and Nate Allen are talent issues but they did nothing to address those in the offseason despite 15 million under the cap.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said it may be because Sanchez is at QB that has changed the way he is calling games. But there are other reasons besides the offense that is leading me to this. Cause and effect, The fact that they let Desean Jackson go made drafting a WR in rounds 2 and 3 a priority. That in turn takes away a chance where they could have addressed the secondary. The fact that he continues to trust Josh Huff when the kid doesnt nothing but make mistakes. The fact that they are still 15 million under the cap and have the issues they do in the secondary is criminal in my mind. A league average corner and safety and this team has two more wins this year. That is on Chip since Chip controls the roster.

As far as Desean goes, there was probably a whole lot going on behind the scenes that we do not know about - but which could or would lead to a completely poisonous atmosphere within the team/organization. And we all know how well that works out, unless you have forgotten the utter disasters that was the 2012 season. 2005 could also serve as an example... And considering what was available in the draft, there was probably no better off-season to get rid of Jackson.

As far as Huff goes, everybody makes mistakes, and last night at least the f-up at the start was NOT on him. I have rarely if ever see him make the same mistake twice. He has shown progress, and he has shown talent, even in this game. Hell, he has shown more this season than Cooper, and in fact any WR other than Maclin and Matthews.

Yes, we are under the cap. Two points there: (a) Who was available in free agency that we could get without breaking the bank, and who was considered a serious upgrade over what we have at THAT time (and not in hindsight). (b) We (thought at the time) we have a whole lot of talent that is (near) the end of their contract, and is a prime candidate for resigning. If Foles had been as good as we had hoped, combined with some of the others (Maclin, Graham, Thornton, among others), if we had spent everything on the stars last year, there would be no way we have a chance to resign them... and the team could well be worse off.

And quite possibly we had some bad luck in the draft, with targeted players going just before (IIRC Clinton-Dix being an example).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a real precarious spot right now through next season. Lack of QB will sink the Chip Kelly experiment quick fast and in a hurry. I'm for doing whatever it takes to get a QB Chip wants.
Chip Kelly got out coached against Dallas.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip was asked about Dez being single teamed so often and he said he'd have to talk to Billy about that issue ... lol. Would love to be a fly on the wall with that conversation.

Did he not see it in the game? Why wouldn't he say something during the game? Chips the HC and needs to take some of the responsibility on that to. Chickenshit answer is what that is.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a real precarious spot right now through next season. Lack of QB will sink the Chip Kelly experiment quick fast and in a hurry. I'm for doing whatever it takes to get a QB Chip wants.

I actually agree with this. If we get the one he wants (at all costs) he will stay around longer then if we don't.

I also say this as a guy who says we need to go D,D,D,D,D,D,D in the draft and FA.

But if we have a really good D and a shitty QB and just make playoffs with no real shot at the big dance, I see Chip leaving. But if we have an elite QB for chips system and a mediocre D for a bit I see him waiting it out.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly got out coached against Dallas.

Fortunately Cowboys players outplayed the Eagles players, Dallas' coaching staff sucks. Linehan has been saved by a really good line and running back and Dez is a badass. I didn't like the play calling on 3rd and 1 the one time they called the pass play that resulted in the sack I think, and the 3rd and 1 that was a run in the middle. Murray has been avg 6 yds a carry off tackle on both sides. then with Free out they kept running off RT when Parnell was getting beat every time. They finally ran the ball off LT for 21 yds on the drive after they went down 24-21. Scott seems to want to abandon the run sometimes as well when its working. Frustrating, but they are winning in spite of it

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he not see it in the game? Why wouldn't he say something during the game? Chips the HC and needs to take some of the responsibility on that to. Chickenshit answer is what that is.
I thought the same thing! Man the Fuck up Chip and take ownership for your Fuckin Failure to make a few necessary in game adjustments!

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually im quite fond of the old crypt keeper looking guy. I hope he stays alive, well, and in charge of the cowgirls for a looooong looooooong time! Lol hes good for my eagles.

He is so good for your eagles that he gave you 3 championship rings since he has been the owner of the Cowboys. Oh wait, my bad........:doh:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing! Man the Fuck up Chip and take ownership for your Fuckin Failure to make a few necessary in game adjustments!

I didn't see the quote, but it does sound a bit like a deflection.

I think Chip is 10x the coach garrett is though. Our coaching staff sux donkey balls. Better this year than last but they are straight out dumb asses.