• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles acquire Green-Beckham for D. Kelly

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson was a different draft. He was the same year as Agholor but not Matthews.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. I was a big fan of Robinson in that draft. Some of our Penn State posters disagreed.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge DGB guy when he was coming out last year. the kid has a ton of ability. As for the Thug mentality, not so. frank Wycheck was on 97.5 today and said actually DGB is a quiet guy that pretty much just keeps to himself.he has lapses in concentration he said and struggled with some of the play book, but the talent is there.
Fantasy projections had him a top 100 guy this year

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans GM traded DGB as an example to the rest of the team that you can't "not play hard" on every play. While I understand the motivational mentality ... it's also a move that may very well also motivate DGB and put a chip on his shoulder. He's only 23 and did produce 550 yards and 4 TD's as a rookie (not like he couldn't get on the field) ... if he hears the wake up call this kid could pay monster dividends. There's no question about DGB's size, speed or talent ... it's all between the ears. I can see a team giving up on him if we're talking about a guy who's been in the league for 3 years and still not pushing it, but I don't understand giving up on a player with his measurables after a rookie season.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the word used incorrectly or simply spelled incorrectly? Was the meaning altered in any way by either person? Are you here to simply be the English teacher?? Feel free to subtract a point.

---------------------

substance
[suhb-stuh ns]
noun

the actual matter of a thing, as opposed to the appearance or shadow; reality.

I don't think he was being a dick about it. You were not the only person to spell it wrong in this thread, why not take it as a win since you will probably remember the correct spelling the next time you use it. Also, conceded means to basically give up, so it was both.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans GM traded DGB as an example to the rest of the team that you can't "not play hard" on every play. While I understand the motivational mentality ... it's also a move that may very well also motivate DGB and put a chip on his shoulder. He's only 23 and did produce 550 yards and 4 TD's as a rookie (not like he couldn't get on the field) ... if he hears the wake up call this kid could pay monster dividends. There's no question about DGB's size, speed or talent ... it's all between the ears. I can see a team giving up on him if we're talking about a guy who's been in the league for 3 years and still not pushing it, but I don't understand giving up on a player with his measurables after a rookie season.

My mind is still boggled on this one. How could this kid and he is a kid be so bad that they were considering cutting him and ultimately traded him. This is not Marcus Smith here who even when he has been on the field has shown nothing, this is a kid who on the field showed considerable promise as a rookie. Did he take some plays off, yep (so did T.O. BTW), does he give the air of being lazy, I suppose. But even so, if he gives us exactly the same production as he gave to Tennessee last year, this is a clear win for the Eagles. For all reports he is a quite guy and not the locker room cancer type.
How did another team not jump in and trump our offer? I mean you can pickup a Dennis Kelly type on waivers.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mind is still boggled on this one. How could this kid and he is a kid be so bad that they were considering cutting him and ultimately traded him. This is not Marcus Smith here who even when he has been on the field has shown nothing, this is a kid who on the field showed considerable promise as a rookie. Did he take some plays off, yep (so did T.O. BTW), does he give the air of being lazy, I suppose. But even so, if he gives us exactly the same production as he gave to Tennessee last year, this is a clear win for the Eagles. For all reports he is a quite guy and not the locker room cancer type.
How did another team not jump in and trump our offer? I mean you can pickup a Dennis Kelly type on waivers.

Yeah I see it the same way. This is a low-risk high return deal.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The end question is the curious thing about the trade. He dropped to the second round due to certain concerns. Still had a pretty good rookie year. New OC/Offense, a few midgrade WRs and they give him away for nothing? I'd like to be on the side that MM is going Chip Kelly on this and getting rid of talented players he can't deal with. At least, I hope that's what it is. Kid has the tools to be a beast. With the crop of WRs here now, can't hurt the group.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB did lead all Titan "WR's" in yards, TD's and yard per catch his rookie season. Delanie Walker was their leading all around receiver, but he's a TE (Rookie QB's usually play it safe when first starting out and look towards the TE short). I think the Titans value system fit / hard workers over pure talent at WR ... plus they were desperate for depth on the OL and imo overvalued Dennis Kelly. They feel they have a good group at WR which fits their system and did not have the patience to deal with DGB's learning curve with his routes and reading of the field. If we have more patience with Doriel I think it will pay big dividends in the end.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a low risk high return deal, but there must be more than meets the eye here in terms of the Titans. My guess is the guy is a pothead or cokehead or something else we have not heard about publicly.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a low risk high return deal, but there must be more than meets the eye here in terms of the Titans. My guess is the guy is a pothead or cokehead or something else we have not heard about publicly.

I'm pretty sure the Titans would have to divulge any knowledge of law breaking if they know about it before any trade. I do agree however that there's probably more to it attitude wise ... sounds like he didn't come into camp in the greatest of shape. So instead of using the preseason to work on routes/assignments etc ... he's working on getting into shape. That doesn't fly with many coaches or GM's ... that said, this kid's upside is way too high to just send him packing if that was the main reason.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans are the type of organization you want to take advantage of. This trade could pay off HUGE. Serious talent and maybe our best redzone threat already. With Bradford's accuracy and DGB's size he might always be open. Giving up on young WRs is foolish. I love the competition we've got at WR right now. Also sends a message to Agholor.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles' Dorial Green-Beckham's full list of off-the-field issues

So how long is Green-Beckham's list of off-the-field issues?

Here is a rundown, per multiple news outlets:

First arrest: Green-Beckham's first run-in with the police during his college career at Missouri came on Oct. 3, 2012, when he was arrested on marijuana charges by the University of Missouri police department. Green-Beckham was with two of his teammates -- linebacker Torey Boozer and receiver Levi Copelin.

The trio was suspended for one game, against Vanderbilt on Oct. 6.

Green-Beckham later entered a guilty plea to a reduced charge of trespassing. He was fined $200 plus court costs.

5 things to know about DGB

The receiver is 6-foot-5.

Possession?: A little more than a year later, Green-Beckham was arrested again in an incident involving marijuana, when police found a pound of the drug in the car the receiver was driving.

Green-Beckham was originally arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. He was released without charges, however, and it was later found that the drugs belonged to a passenger Green-Beckham was with in the car.

Breaking and entering: The most serious incident involving Green-Beckham, however, happened in April of 2014, however, when the receiver was involved in an on-campus incident.

Here is what allegedly happened, per ESPN:

"An 18-year-old Missouri student said Green-Beckham forced open her apartment door at 2:30 a.m. while trying to see his girlfriend, a friend of the victim.

The woman said Green-Beckham pushed her down at least four stairs.

Another roommate told police the 6-foot-6, 225-pound athlete pushed the first woman with two hands to the chest."

No charges were pressed as, according to ESPN, "because of reluctant witnesses who fear retaliation and harassment for bringing a criminal complaint."

Text messages from Green-Beckham's girlfriend later revealed that the couple seemed to be attempting to convince the people involved not to press charges, per ESPN:

"Dorial was wrong in every way and you have every right to be furious," one message reads. "I'm not sticking up for him but football really is all he has going for him and pressing charges would just ruin it for him completely."

"If you didn't want to press charges just say we all had a lot to drink and what not everything is fine," Green-Beckham's girlfriend later wrote.

Green-Beckham was at one point being looked at for possible domestic abuse, after "the athlete's girlfriend said in one of the text messages to her injured friend that he dragged her from the apartment by the neck."

The incident never led to any legal trouble for the receiver, but it did lead him to be dismissed from the team, and he never played for Missouri again

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father, I'd like to confess my sins ... I smoked weed and pushed a lady down the stairs. That's ok my son ... 3 hail mary's and double digit TD's ... you'll be aight!