• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles acquire Green-Beckham for D. Kelly

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he can't catch and is lazy. So we get rid of one stiff for another.

Reactions: GNG

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the injection of talent we just got, I'm pumped. But he is lazy.

Hopefully this serves as a wake up for him.

Last edited:

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow great trade. Even if Beckham doesn't work out its a great risk to take. 2nd rounder from last year. He out preformed our 1st rounder in Agholor. He is inconsistent but with his size he could become a great red zone threat. Dennis Kelly blows and has blown for some time. Change of scenery for both players.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article from June re DGB and his demotion by the Titans here

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tennessee certainly gave up on him quickly. That is not a good sign but sometimes the change of scenery helps. At the end of the day we now have two high draft pick receivers from last year. Both are wildly inconsistent (not unusual for a receiver) and have character concerns. We need one to rise above that.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember people liked him before the draft last year

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hopefully the titans giving up on him motivates him, but it would seem to me he's going from a better O to a worse one and for a lazy player, that might not be the best motivator.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the possible suspension of Johnson why would the Eagles give up Olineman? I know DGB could have an upside but what does that say about Aghlor?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is the weakest 6'8" OL, I have ever seen. Good riddance.
Whatever DGB's problem is, there is no downside to this move. It also may light a fire in Agholor, Huff, etc.
I'm all in!

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the possible suspension of Johnson why would the Eagles give up Olineman? I know DGB could have an upside but what does that say about Aghlor?

Kelly is terrible and the team won't miss him. It may say that they're not happy with Agholor . . . or it may have been a deal that landed in their laps and was too good to pass up.

We should be under no illusion that DGB will solve all the Eagles' problems, but any time you need help at WR and you can trade a below average offensive lineman in his mid-20s for a promising, though troubled, wide receiver in his early 20s, it's a no brainer.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is the weakest 6'8" OL, I have ever seen. Good riddance.
Whatever DGB's problem is, there is no downside to this move. It also may light a fire in Agholor, Huff, etc.
I'm all in!

I think that ship has sailed . . . but we'll see. He showed flashes over the last couple years only to follow them up with boneheaded plays or by totally disappearing. Maybe there's hope.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is terrible and the team won't miss him. It may say that they're not happy with Agholor . . . or it may have been a deal that landed in their laps and was too good to pass up.

We should be under no illusion that DGB will solve all the Eagles' problems, but any time you need help at WR and you can trade a below average offensive lineman in his mid-20s for a promising, though troubled, wide receiver in his early 20s, it's a no brainer.

But doesn't he Lane Johnson suspension factor in this trade? Wouldn't Kelly start in his place?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Kelly is complete garbage. At least DGB has size and talent ... a change of scenery is sometimes what players need i.e. Chris Carter. The Eagles WR's are garbage at the moment ... Agholor (whom I was a fan of drafting) has turned out to be nothing special at this level and Matthews has injury issues now to go along with mediocre hands. The rest of the guys are #4 or 5 types. It's a chance worth taking ....

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he sucks and has always sucked.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennis Kelly is complete garbage. At least DGB has size and talent ... a change of scenery is sometimes what players need i.e. Chris Carter. The Eagles WR's are garbage at the moment ... Agholor (whom I was a fan of drafting) has turned out to be nothing special at this level and Matthews has injury issues now to go along with mediocre hands. The rest of the guys are #4 or 5 types. It's a chance worth taking ....

So you are giving up on Aghlor after one year? As a Skins fan I don't expect anything from Doctson in year 1. So who is going to start at RT if Johnson get suspended?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbre is now the starting RT after shifting over from LG.

On the trade, DGB has huge character issues so I won't get my hopes up too much. I also question trading an offensive lineman, even if just a backup, because we are not exactly deep there. This makes me wonder if they are signing or trading for another OT.

But...he instantly becomes our most talented receiver (sadly).:gaah:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are giving up on Aghlor after one year? As a Skins fan I don't expect anything from Doctson in year 1. So who is going to start at RT if Johnson get suspended?

I'm not at the practices ... but it looks like the team isn't comfortable at the WR position. If the Eagles were confident in Agholor's development I don't think that they would have been looking to trade for a WR. Then again, Kelly stinks, so maybe this move was more about getting "potential" for pretty much nothing. With the Eagles issues on the OL, this move clearly tells you he was likely not making the team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it: I am giving up on Agholor as a starting outside WR. He simply doesn't have the size. A guy like this has the combination of size and speed that corners need to respect to not get beat over the top. But he has a ten-cent head and was accused in 2014 of shoving a woman down a flight of stairs. Not exactly another character guy. Howie is going Raiders on us!