• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles acquire Green-Beckham for D. Kelly

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been following this guy for years. Missouri out recruited OU on this guy, straight up stud. It was too bad when he transferred that he didn't stay for another season to actually get to play in Norman.

This dude is for real. He may not do much this season but he'll be a huge asset to Wentz in the future. Eagles fans should be excited about this trade.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is a video of every target to Beckham last year.

I saw about 5 passes that should have been caught for sure.
You could argue that his route running needs to be polished but it's not bad.
He has great hands when in the endzone which is huge to me.
Even though he did have some drops, his hands are actually pretty solid in this video.
His speed looks great for his gigantic size.....
He seems like he's not super aggressive enough but I'm sure that comes with experience.

Just my two cents from the video

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought he would be your starting Rt with Johnson getting suspended.

Babre is now taking the 1st team reps at RT. We have moved rookie up to take 1st team reps at guard. What does it say when a rookie passes up up on the depth chart. This deal has more upside for us given our WR's are very unproven.

I don't think anyone has given up on Agholor we just expected more. Right now in the start of his second year he isn't showing much either. I am sure 100% of us hope he turns out to be a stud! :)

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this guy makes the 53. Much like I don't think Kelly was going to make the 53. A trade on the fringes of the roster that ultimately will make no impact on the team.

49ers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he can't catch and is lazy. So we get rid of one stiff for another.

I was listening to ESPN Radio this Am and they had Terrell Owens on. I know he is a good athlete but I was surprised how conceded he was. I remember being happy when 49ers let him go because of he would showboat all the time. Yeah, he will probably go into the hall of fame. I could only imagine what his speech will sound like.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is awful. Green-Beckham may be a head case, but at least he has talent. You could find a guy in the AFL to replace Kelly.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though he did have some drops, his hands are actually pretty solid in this video.
He seems like he's not super aggressive enough but I'm sure that comes with experience.

I just watched the video. I agree, if he can get his head together and get away from that thug mentality, he is better than what we currently have.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly is the weakest 6'8" OL, I have ever seen. Good riddance.
Whatever DGB's problem is, there is no downside to this move. It also may light a fire in Agholor, Huff, etc.
I'm all in!

exactly my thoughts. No down side to this at all. We didn't give up much and got HUGE upside potential.

"Obviously, he's made mistakes," Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said. "He's a kind-hearted kid and he has the right intentions. And that if you get a chance to really spend some time with him, you'll see that. He's not a locker-room cancer at all.

"He comes in with an opportunity, no promises have been made. We felt comfortable to bring him in here to compete. He's physically gifted. He's 6-5, he's 240, he runs a 4.4. He's got a rare skill set. Now, there's a reason that he's available at this time. He's got to get more consistent. But for us and where we are in development, we thought it was a risk worth taking."

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN Radio this Am and they had Terrell Owens on. I know he is a good athlete but I was surprised how conceded he was. I remember being happy when 49ers let him go because of he would showboat all the time. Yeah, he will probably go into the hall of fame. I could only imagine what his speech will sound like.

What does that have anything to do with this thread???

But yes, TO is conceded and arrogant and not the kind of guy you want as a friend.

But he is also one of the hardest workers, self motivated, and has the type of ego that pushes himself to be better on the field. He was the last person off the field at times in practice, and stayed after to work on the jug machines to catch the faster paced balls McNabb would throw because he had no touch. He set FRANCHISE records his very first year here. He was actually on pace TO BREAK THAT RECORD, the following year, when he was benched (which was more about politics, saving money and Reid's stupid gameplans that increased passing into predictability and losses, over his skillset).

If you want to win a SB, TO was exactly the kind of WR any good QB would want. Steve young talked often about how he "AND JERRY RICE" would both complain in the huddle. Even if he threw a TD to TO, Jerry Rice would complain - man, I was open! If he threw a TD to Jerry Rice, To would say the same thing. He didn't get upset at it, he smiled and said it was a good problem to have. Football is about winning championships, and that type of arrogance can be useful to that end at times. It's a non issue, if we are talking about football.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks a lot better than Nelson Agholor's rookie tape!

PS the word is conceited.

con·ceit·ed
kənˈsēdəd/
adjective
  1. excessively proud of oneself; vain.
    synonyms: vain, narcissistic, self-centered, egotistic, egotistical, egocentric; More

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the word used incorrectly or simply spelled incorrectly? Was the meaning altered in any way by either person? Are you here to simply be the English teacher?? Feel free to subtract a point.

---------------------

substance
[suhb-stuh ns]
noun

the actual matter of a thing, as opposed to the appearance or shadow; reality.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge DGB guy when he was coming out last year. the kid has a ton of ability. As for the Thug mentality, not so. frank Wycheck was on 97.5 today and said actually DGB is a quiet guy that pretty much just keeps to himself.he has lapses in concentration he said and struggled with some of the play book, but the talent is there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he also "Conceited"?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta be better than Josh Huff.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes this team because the competition is not very good. He may have to be eased into the playbook but they can come up with a few packages for him. Every once in a while a gamble pays off. I hope this is one of them. :)

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge DGB guy when he was coming out last year. the kid has a ton of ability. As for the Thug mentality, not so. frank Wycheck was on 97.5 today and said actually DGB is a quiet guy that pretty much just keeps to himself.he has lapses in concentration he said and struggled with some of the play book, but the talent is there.

Spoon feed him the offense, start with short yardage and red zone plays where he can use his big body, then go from there. I think the kid has a chance to help them. Would rather him on this team than Josh Huff at this point.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard about the trade I said "fuck!!", then I saw it was for Dennis Kelly and I laughed. I loved DGB's talent in college, but the kid was always a knucklehead. There's not many human beings alive at his size with his athleticism and the ability he showed in college, but he is his own worst enemy. Maybe this is a wake up call, maybe he matures, maybe he finds a good role model year…Jordan Matthews? Work your magic since you're (sadly) our best WR. I like Matthews, but I loved Allen Robinson in that draft :trash::doh:

Regardless this is a good trade because Kelly is a nobody and at least DGB has potential if he ever decides to work at his craft and grow as a person.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the word used incorrectly or simply spelled incorrectly? Was the meaning altered in any way by either person? Are you here to simply be the English teacher?? Feel free to subtract a point.

---------------------

substance
[suhb-stuh ns]
noun

the actual matter of a thing, as opposed to the appearance or shadow; reality.

Doesn't sound like you're going to conceit an error was made...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard about the trade I said "fuck!!", then I saw it was for Dennis Kelly and I laughed. I loved DGB's talent in college, but the kid was always a knucklehead. There's not many human beings alive at his size with his athleticism and the ability he showed in college, but he is his own worst enemy. Maybe this is a wake up call, maybe he matures, maybe he finds a good role model year…Jordan Matthews? Work your magic since you're (sadly) our best WR. I like Matthews, but I loved Allen Robinson in that draft :trash::doh:

Regardless this is a good trade because Kelly is a nobody and at least DGB has potential if he ever decides to work at his craft and grow as a person.

There were a lot of WRs to love in that draft. I'm fine with Matthews, but that fucking Huff pick. Huff Huff Pass *dropped*

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly isn't even close to being an NFL lineman BUT DGB has a chance to be a player. Terrific trade, no matter the outcome it was made without cost.