• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight is gone....Just move on

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:Dwight who? :laugh3:

and I'm not sayin it now because he's gone but I never really considered him a Laker ..

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, this is hard for me to say, but join in with me and lets focus on giving up this year. I know how blasphemous that sounds but here me out......it's always title or bust for us, so there's no point in wanting this year's squad to barely get in and hopefully win a round. At this point, I wants us to make the lottery, get a pick atleast around the 11th or 12th spot and draft one of these stallions that's going to be in this loaded draft class. Hopefully we amnesty Ron(I'll always be fond of him for what he did in that 2nd title run). Other than that, I really don't want them to mess around with the 2014 cap space(or if that fails, the 2015 cap space). Pau is gonna fit right in at center, and hopefully Kobe doesn't rush back. My bigger picture is this, I'm looking at Melo and Lebron in 2014. It's a longshot, but Lebron WILL for sure opt out, Melo has the chance to opt out but we'll see. The cba WILL make Miami adjust that team and I think Bosh will be the fall guy(unless they take even less to keep the team, and I don't see that happening). I think our only shot at getting Lebron is if we can get Melo to come along as well. All of this is FAR fetched, but with Wade aging and the possibility of Bosh being traded, we present an intriguing team if all falls into place. NOW, let me get to what transpired just days ago. The incompetence of Jim Buss BAFFLES me. The Lakers traditionally have ALWAYS taken the player over the coach. Now, just because he has a personal hate for Phil, he chooses the coach, and of course for the first time in nba history, a superstar walked away from the Lakers. Now, if there's one saving grace, the more I think about Dwight leaving, the more I realize that he's just not a good fit mentally for this win the chip or get RAILED ON situation in los angeles. Much like Lebron once was, Dwight cares too much about what the fans/media says. If he ever changed that mindset, then he would've been a great fit in Los Angeles. Nonetheless, this year is a moot point imo. Let's get a good draft pick and gear up for 2014. As for Pau being traded, it's been reported that the Lakers are not likely to do so, not that Dwight is gone. I guess Dantoni doesn't mind now that it's just 1 big man there....

I agree with much of this and have been a Laker fan long enough that I have seen them go through a tough season or 2 before and they always bounce back quicker than any other team in the NBA and maybe all of sports.

I don't know about "tanking for the lottery" because I'm not sure that we have a first round pick next season and with the way the NBA does things now, there is no guarantee of getting the first pick.

The Lakers will be average at best next season and then go into 2014 with, as Mitch says, "enormous financial flexibility"!! I expect that the Lakers will make a serious push for both Lebron and Melo, if they fail to land one or both, they will sign some solid role players and then wait for the 2015 free agent class to complete the re-build.

As for Dwight, glad he's gone!! People can say what they want about Kobe, but I know this, last season when the Lakers were in trouble and it looked like they wouldn't make the playoffs, Kobe played himself to near exhaustion trying to drag them to the playoffs. Winning was that important to him.

When Kobe got hurt and Dwight was presented with the opportunity to step up and lead the team......he fouled out.

In short, when the Lakers needed Kobe to step up and be great, he was!! When the Lakers needed Dwight to step up and be great, he was far from it!!

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with much of this and have been a Laker fan long enough that I have seen them go through a tough season or 2 before and they always bounce back quicker than any other team in the NBA and maybe all of sports.

I don't know about "tanking for the lottery" because I'm not sure that we have a first round pick next season and with the way the NBA does things now, there is no guarantee of getting the first pick.

The Lakers will be average at best next season and then go into 2014 with, as Mitch says, "enormous financial flexibility"!! I expect that the Lakers will make a serious push for both Lebron and Melo, if they fail to land one or both, they will sign some solid role players and then wait for the 2015 free agent class to complete the re-build.

As for Dwight, glad he's gone!! People can say what they want about Kobe, but I know this, last season when the Lakers were in trouble and it looked like they wouldn't make the playoffs, Kobe played himself to near exhaustion trying to drag them to the playoffs. Winning was that important to him.

When Kobe got hurt and Dwight was presented with the opportunity to step up and lead the team......he fouled out.

In short, when the Lakers needed Kobe to step up and be great, he was!! When the Lakers needed Dwight to step up and be great, he was far from it!!

Lakers have their 2014 first rounder. And they don't need to get the 1st pick. 2014 draft has been called similar to the 2003 draft. So even a top 5 or 6 picks would net a pretty good player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have their 2014 first rounder. And they don't need to get the 1st pick. 2014 draft has been called similar to the 2003 draft. So even a top 5 or 6 picks would net a pretty good player.

Good to know!! Thanks!! I had heard that they had traded away the 2014 pick. Glad I'm wrong!!