• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Haskins killed

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shitface is getting roasted too

Man, can't even list the facts anymore without getting roasted. It was a news wire type of post and he gets the 3rd for a post that had no shade either way. People assume he is throwing shade at him because Haskin's career hadn't turned out the way everyone expected to this point. That doesn't change the facts and how the general public knew him as an Ohio State QB and a struggling NFL player. He mentioned nothing about decision making, posted anything to make him a man with less character or anything. It was a generalized news wire type of post on how the general public recognized him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, can't even list the facts anymore without getting roasted. It was a news wire type of post and he gets the 3rd for a post that had no shade either way. People assume he is throwing shade at him because Haskin's career hadn't turned out the way everyone expected to this point. That doesn't change the facts and how the general public knew him as an Ohio State QB and a struggling NFL player. He mentioned nothing about decision making, posted anything to make him a man with less character or anything. It was a generalized news wire type of post on how the general public recognized him.
Desensitized much?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desensitized much?
No. I am not. I loved Dwayne Haskins. He was a great QB for my Buckeyes. I feel terrible for him and his family. For his fans and folks that knew him. However, if a doctor doesn't sugar coat that you have a terminal disease..he is just clinical with the diagnosis because he tries to seperate himself emotionally from the devastating news, can you blame him? I don't think Rappaport did anything wrong. He was not emotional about his tweet. He just gave the broad fact of the situation in a way that folks would understand who he was talking about, and it would allow him to hastag those groups of people that follow Ohio State football, Washington Commanders Football, and the Pittsburgh Steelers football.

It was a clinical news feed. Did it lack emotion, yes it did. Was it anything to take offense of, hell no.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a big football fan and as a big fan of young people, having worked with "kids" a great deal of time, I would like to address a couple of issues.
1) Dwayne Haskins made some bad decisions. He tried to hoof it to an airport to catch a flight to see his wife. Sounds really bad?
2) He went to party after a game without a mask. Really? In my last job I asked many young folks to put on a mask - for me.
3) He was a young man. I'm sure most of you were nuns and choir boys when you were young. I in fact made many decisions that could have cost me my life. But for grace of God, I could be on the wrong side of the grass many times, while he would still be on the turf..
4) I lost many young friends to bad or even really bad decisions. I'm remember some as I'm typing. One I remember was an 18 YO soldier who was a very good young man who got drunk with 2 friends and passed out in the backseat of his friends car. His friends hatched a plan to steal a car and did it. Several days later they were all arrested. His attorney counseled him to have his charges separated from the other 2 defendants.
He was not guilty of theft but did not want to abandon his "good friends" He did 10 years. I never saw him again.
5) Many young decisions have led to death. There is a time to talk and teach from the tragedy.
If you had made the really poor decisions to rag on one of these deceased young persons in my presence, you might have suffered the same consequences. There is a place and time but now is not the time to publicly deride this human being, husband, son or teammate

Remember, bad things happen to good people..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed that he ran out of gas heading eastbound on I-595 and just passed the I-95 junction. Crossed the divider & tried to cross the westbound lanes when he was killed.

No reason to doubt "Mutha Trucka's" story, but It isn't exactly official.

Have they stated where he was coming from/going? I was wondering if he was "out" or up early. I guess it shouldn't matter, but I'm still wondering...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have they stated where he was coming from/going? I was wondering if he was "out" or up early. I guess it shouldn't matter, but I'm still wondering...
He ad been in Florida to work out with other players and was up early driving to the airport to catch a plane.
Going home to see his wife.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ad been in Florida to work out with other players and was up early driving to the airport to catch a plane.
OK, I saw that in your post but you referenced so many different things that I wasn't sure if that was recent or not.

While completely asinine we all do things when in a hurry/late that we all know are stupid. But, in that moment, we do them anyway. I could see me thinking I could make it across a highway...

edit: heck, I'm thinking about it right now and in my mind, I'm sure I could make it across a highway

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cave_Johnson passed away this morning after being crushed during sex by the fattest hooker you've ever seen. He made $20k a year and had a 2 inch penis."

I've told my wife, the more belly you push in the more Peter pokes out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I am not. I loved Dwayne Haskins. He was a great QB for my Buckeyes. I feel terrible for him and his family. For his fans and folks that knew him. However, if a doctor doesn't sugar coat that you have a terminal disease..he is just clinical with the diagnosis because he tries to seperate himself emotionally from the devastating news, can you blame him? I don't think Rappaport did anything wrong. He was not emotional about his tweet. He just gave the broad fact of the situation in a way that folks would understand who he was talking about, and it would allow him to hastag those groups of people that follow Ohio State football, Washington Commanders Football, and the Pittsburgh Steelers football.

It was a clinical news feed. Did it lack emotion, yes it did. Was it anything to take offense of, hell no.
I disagree. Comparing a media pundit to a medical doctor issuing a terminal prognosis is asinine and not even remotely comparable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is he was on his way to the airport, which is right next to where he was hit.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Comparing a media pundit to a medical doctor issuing a terminal prognosis is asinine and not even remotely comparable.
"Was it anything to take offense of,"

noted as a YES

question?
Is there a wrong opinion on this topic?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Was it anything to take offense of,"

noted as a YES

question?
Is there a wrong opinion on this topic?
Yes. Anyone who has bunched panties or clutched pearls over a journalist mentioning that someone who was killed floated around the NFL without latching on to any team has the wrong opinion.

Schefter was informing people who didnt have Haskins as a household name who he was. Saying “Sad news out of Florida. Joe Schmoe was hit and killed by a car.” is confusing and incomplete. Who is Joe Schmoe? Why do I care that he was killed in Florida? Conversely, “Sad news out of Florida. Joe Schmoe, who was a high draft pick of Washington in 2019 but has had trouble latching on with an NFL team since, was hit and killed by a car.” tells me who Joe Schmoe is and why I might care that he was killed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Anyone who has bunched panties or clutched pearls over a journalist mentioning that someone who was killed floated around the NFL without latching on to any team has the wrong opinion.

Schefter was informing people who didnt have Haskins as a household name who he was. Saying “Sad news out of Florida. Joe Schmoe was hit and killed by a car.” is confusing and incomplete. Who is Joe Schmoe? Why do I care that he was killed in Florida? Conversely, “Sad news out of Florida. Joe Schmoe, who was a high draft pick of Washington in 2019 but has had trouble latching on with an NFL team since, was hit and killed by a car.” tells me who Joe Schmoe is and why I might care that he was killed.
while I agree with your position on the question, I have to pass on the notion one opinion has more value

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree with your position on the question, I have to pass on the notion one opinion has more value
One opinion is valid. One opinion is absolute bull shit and is there for no other purpose than to essentially say “look at me, I care and have the ability of being offended over nothing”.

Yes, the two opinions are equal.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One opinion is valid. One opinion is absolute bull shit and is there for no other purpose than to essentially say “look at me, I care and have the ability of being offended over nothing”.

Yes, the two opinions are equal.
I understand.

This is why I haven't followed politics the last 10 years or so.

I have voted in all elections the past 40 plus years. Sadly, not many times for someone, mostly my opinion of who's the lesser of the two evils.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, I wasn't sure what the details where, but so sad to hear. Just ran out of gas and crossed the highway? Sad for sure

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Gil Brandt a pass more than Schefter. Simply because I'm surprised that old fuck is still alive and coherent enough to form a single thought. He's one of those fossil sports writers/reporters that everyone wants to retire, but just won't, because they know it's over for them if they stop working. We had one in MN named Sid Hartman.

Schefter, on the other hand, has a fully functional brain and still tweeted out because he was the guy that needed to break it first. No details. Just that he was first. He's a classless asshole and deserves all of this criticism.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give Gil Brandt a pass more than Schefter. Simply because I'm surprised that old fuck is still alive and coherent enough to form a single thought. He's one of those fossil sports writers/reporters that everyone wants to retire, but just won't, because they know it's over for them if they stop working. We had one in MN named Sid Hartman.

Schefter, on the other hand, has a fully functional brain and still tweeted out because he was the guy that needed to break it first. No details. Just that he was first. He's a classless asshole and deserves all of this criticism.
Congrats. You have a heart and are able to be offended easily.

Well done