• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dunston

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i went to the game today with my little brother. we got there for batting practice and dunston was out there shagging fly balls. my brother is 12 so he barely remembers dunston's days. after dunston caught a ball my brother yelled out "mota, can i have that ball". dunston looked at him funny and said "do i look like mota?" he teased my brother about it for a while, even called over to mota to say "this kid thinks I'm you"

eventually my brother ended up with his autograph. after he signed the ball i told him to tell shawon "hey, thats not how you spell mota"

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i went to the game today with my little brother. we got there for batting practice and dunston was out there shagging fly balls. my brother is 12 so he barely remembers dunston's days. after dunston caught a ball my brother yelled out "mota, can i have that ball". dunston looked at him funny and said "do i look like mota?" he teased my brother about it for a while, even called over to mota to say "this kid thinks I'm you"

eventually my brother ended up with his autograph. after he signed the ball i told him to tell shawon "hey, thats not how you spell mota"

LOL, that's an awesome story sf. Your little brother will remember that until the day he dies.

When I was a little kid (probably 10 or so), I liked the Giants (obviously) and the Cardinals (I was on a little league team named the Cardinals). My dad took me to a game at Candlestick against the Cards and we got there pretty early. Tony Pena was catching in the bullpen area and I was hanging over the railing watching them with my baseball glove on. He said "hey kid.....catch" and tossed me up the ball. I had a smile from ear to ear that night. I don't remember if the Giants won the game or not or anything else about that night. But I remember I was the only kid on my block who had Tony Pena as their favorite player (only lasted for about a year though). :)

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could see how that would make him your favorite player, lol. were you wearing card's gear?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could see how that would make him your favorite player, lol. were you wearing card's gear?

I was wearing my Cardinals little league jersey with a Giants hat.....I was confused :D

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad you got straightened out