• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Brees vs Tom Brady the Past 5 Seasons

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you remove rings from the equation, you eliinate a lot of HOF QB's.

like aikman
like bradshaw
like namath (perhaps)

If voters simply parrot the nonsense about 'rings' and shut the door, you would have problems in getting some of those guys in. It still doesn't change the fact that the argument itself, is just flat out ridiculous. You would think people would be somewhat more critical in think, given the obvious question sooner than later is brought up:

'So you think Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino?'

Sadly....there are people who claim to be NFL fans who have to make some biblically stupid point on Dilfer's behalf....just to justify their 'rings' logic.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider 'rings' itself as part of the equation. Getting there? Playing well? Winning? All factors that vary given the eras, the surrounding talent, the coaching, etc. etc. Drew Brees would win several Bowls had he been a Pat. Brady on the Saints? Don't see him getting more than the one NO got in 2009....if he gets that one at all.

Yeah but you certainly have to take advantages of your opportunities when they appear. And Brady has delivered a LOT....

You do realize the most if not all the Patriots players think Brady is a huge reason why they don't ever feel out of any game. He has taken them to the promised land more than enough times for them to believe in him that way.

Yeah it's a fuzzy intangible but it's real. I'm sure many 49'er players felt that way about Montana. I know Colts players loved Manning but I'm not sure he had his team in his hip pocket in the same way.

No knock on Brees by the way. I'm just saying the Saints as a team are in good shape and Brees would benefit from another win.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If voters simply parrot the nonsense about 'rings' and shut the door, you would have problems in getting some of those guys in. It still doesn't change the fact that the argument itself, is just flat out ridiculous. You would think people would be somewhat more critical in think, given the obvious question sooner than later is brought up:

Sadly....there are people who claim to be NFL fans who have to make some biblically stupid point on Dilfer's behalf....just to justify their 'rings' logic.

Montana's record in SBs is 4-ZERO. Every Montana supporter touts that as a significant statistic.

You don't think those 49er teams were great Teams?? With Bill F***ing Walsh as Coach??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB rating only gonna get you so far here. Especially when the road opponents in the division are...

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

Carolina

Smells like variance nonsense to me. Or correlation =/= causation.

Of which Atlanta made it to the SB 2 years ago and Carolina 3 years ago.

When was the last time Drew and the Saints went?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats a retarded argument about dilfer (tho i get what you are saying)

aikman was a pretty bad QB, even in his era, statistically. 6 years over 60%. thats half his career. half he was under 60%.
1 20 TD season
averaged 12 picks a year
3 times more picks than TD's
high in passing was 3300 yards
81.6 career rating
199 YPG

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, look at aikmans numbers as if he never won a thing.

he'd be benched today. bad even for his era.

Oh so many around here think Aikman is the most overrated player ever, like former players, not the DirtDirtDirts of the world, handsome and smart

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philip Rivers is good...but SD screwed the pooch.

Miami really screwed it

They signed Drew Brees and negated it because the physical showed his shoulder was fucked

A decade later

Ryan Tannehill

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just because we shouldn't forget.....I know Ricky and Dirt haven't.

gettyimages-462642436.jpg

usatsi_9862352.jpg

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few people from work went to the game last night. shit ton of eagles fans there i guess.

they went silent

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

QB's are kinda judged by it.

its why terry bradshaw is in canton but cant spell it.

same with aikman. take away his rings and...
Because team accomplishment. I don't care what the masses think about rings. A rational person can think Brady is GOAT rings or not.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady missed 5 games (he played about 10 mins of the final game vs buffalo a few years back, pats lost to buffalo at home for the first time since 1922)

also, im seeing brees has thrown 10 more TD's and 10 more picks. rating is off by about 1 pt

more 4thQCB
same GWD

i dont get this
More so just pointing out how great Brees has been as of late despite less success.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami really screwed it

They signed Drew Brees and negated it because the physical showed his shoulder was fucked

A decade later

Ryan Tannehill
The funny thing about SD though is most people would guess Rivers is a lot older than Brees if you watch them these days.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of which Atlanta made it to the SB 2 years ago and Carolina 3 years ago.

When was the last time Drew and the Saints went?
Maybe as soon as last year if some guy named Marcus Williams doesn't go full derp in a desperation situation in the NFCCG.

Minneapolis_Miracle_Keenum_to_Diggs_61_yard_TD_Saints_Divisional_2017.gif