• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 NFL Mock Draft: Jaguars shake things up, trade up for Jalen Ramsey
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

April 27, 2016 8:45 am ET

This is the penultimate mock draft (thank you, mock draft gods) and things have really settled down a little bit. With the Rams and Eagles locked at first and second overall, respectively, it's easy to pencil in a pair of quarterbacks.

The third pick is where things get interesting. The Chargers control the board, obviously, and I tend to think we could see some trade action.

The Cowboys and Jaguars could be engaged in a battle to move up a spot or two in order to nab the top defensive back in the draft, while you can't sleep on Mike Tannenbaum and the Dolphins for getting aggressive to try and move up for a top running back. They're all the way back at No. 13, but if the Chargers are willing to drop they could pick up a lot of additional selections and still net themselves a nice player.

Below we've got one of these playing out. See you on Thursday.

Round 1
LAR.png
1. Rams
Jared Goff, QB, California: The Rams can act like they don't know who they want, but clearly they do if they decided to make the move. And Goff is the guy because this franchise is in a win-now mode.

PHI.png
2. Eagles
Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State: In a wild turn of events, No. 1 and No. 2 are locked in at this point. The Eagles believe they have their long-term quarterback and were willing to pay for it.

JAC.png
3. Jaguars (Trade with SD)
Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida State: I just don't see how Ramsey doesn't go third. Either the Chargers can take him here or trade out to the Jags/Cowboys, pick up a pick or two and put themselves in good position to still get the player they want.

DAL.png
4. Cowboys
Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State: It has to be Ramsey or Bosa for the Cowboys, who don't need help on the offensive line. Improving the defense is a must and either guy would do it immediately.

SD.png
5. Chargers (Trade with JAC)
Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi: See how easy that is? One of those two teams will give up a pick (fourth-round selection maybe?) to ensure they land Ramsey. And the Chargers shouldn't flinch.

BAL.png
6. Ravens
DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon: With the top two picks locked in, Ozzie Newsome has to be loving his position, guaranteed one of the four blue-chip players in this draft.

SF.png
7. 49ers
Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame: The 49ers can pick up a franchise left tackle to protect whoever they're going to use at quarterback whenever they figure out who they're going to use.

MIA.png
8. Dolphins (Trade with CLE)
Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State: Lot of smoke with the Dolphins and Elliott and it makes sense given the desire to improve Ryan Tannehill (Elliott can run, pass and block, and will make whoever he plays with better instantly) and only Jay Ajayi on the roster.

TB.png
9. Buccaneers
Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida: A fit that makes sense between player, draft slot and the Bucs need to rework their defense in the post-Lovie Smith era.

NYG.png
10. Giants
Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State: After spending big on defense in free agency, the Giants can devote some resources to protecting Eli Manning as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I missed the mock part at first and thought this was a story

I do think there is an 80% chance our pick is either Ramsey or Bosa. i know a lot don't like Bosa, so there is a real good chance you may have to accept it or get ready to bitch and moan about it...But, when asked about Bosa Garrett spoke in general terms for a bit. When asked about Ramsey he gushed about him for a couple minutes.

This draft is going to be wild. After the top 2 we really don't know for sure what could happen. Heck, I could see us picking Lawson at 4

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it pops up again the week of the draft!

Top draft prospect Laremy Tunsil being sued again by stepfather

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

April 27, 2016 1:36 pm ET

Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil is expected to be one of the top picks in the 2016 NFL Draft, but on Tuesday, 48 hours before he finds out his professional fate, he was the target of another lawsuit filed by an attorney on behalf of Tunsil's stepfather, Lindsey Miller.

In the latest suit, according to the Clarion-Ledger, Miller alleges that Tunsil attacked him last June and that Tunsil defamed Miller's character. The lawsuit also alleges that these two things were an “intentional infliction of emotional distress.”

Attempts by the Clarion-Ledger to contact Tunsil's agent were unsuccessful.

Tunsil was arrested last June for punching Miller. At the time, Tunsil said he struck Miller while defending his mother. Tunsil alleged that Miller had shoved her. Miller claimed that the altercation stemmed from an argument he had with Tunsil's mother about Tunsil "riding around with football agents."

Miller's remarks led to a meeting with the NCAA a week later to discuss any possible rules violations.

A week after that, the protective order filed by Miller against Tunsil was dismissed in court.

And by August, the case involving Tunsil and Miller had been dismissed after both men agreed to drop the domestic-violence charges filed against each another.

More details on the latest lawsuit, via the Clarion-Ledger:

Miller's new lawsuit seeks compensatory and punitive damages, attorney fees, pre- and post-judgment interest and all costs associated with the suit because of “past, present, and future bodily injury, pain & suffering, severe emotional distress, medical costs, damage to reputation, and/or other types of damages that he has incurred (and will likely continue to incur).”
Tunsil was suspended for the first seven games of the 2015 season for accepting impermissible benefits, including, according to the NCAA, "the use of three separate loaner vehicles over a sixth-month period without payment, a four-month interest-free promissory note on $3,000 down payment for purchasing a used vehicle, two nights of lodging at a local home, an airline ticket and one day use of a rental vehicle."

Still, the standout left tackle allowed just two sacks in 29 college games, and according to the latest CBSSports.com mock drafts, he will be off the board by the No. 6 pick.

USATSI_8230711.jpg
Laremy Tunsil is considered one of the best prospects in the 2016 draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Miller know that the gold digger's golden rule is wait until the person has money before filing your frivolous law suit???

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Miller know that the gold digger's golden rule is wait until the person has money before filing your frivolous law suit???

Just another greedy scumbag trying to jump to the front of the line to earn a few bucks off of a kid with talent. People never cease to amaze me:trash:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Tunsils mother should press charges against Miller for assult.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I missed the mock part at first and thought this was a story

I do think there is an 80% chance our pick is either Ramsey or Bosa. i know a lot don't like Bosa, so there is a real good chance you may have to accept it or get ready to bitch and moan about it...But, when asked about Bosa Garrett spoke in general terms for a bit. When asked about Ramsey he gushed about him for a couple minutes.

This draft is going to be wild. After the top 2 we really don't know for sure what could happen. Heck, I could see us picking Lawson at 4

I personally think if it's not RamseY we trade down. A top 5 pick should be somebody that's gonna be on your team for 10 yrs. I've said before I think there are 4 great players in this draft - Tunsill, RAmsey, Jack, and Elliott. Of course that's just my opinion. I never thought JJ Watt would be what he is either. I just don't think we take Elliott there. As great as he may be, if you don't sign Demarco after his great year, why would we do it with Elliott in 5. Again to me this is a 10 yr pick.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think if it's not RamseY we trade down. A top 5 pick should be somebody that's gonna be on your team for 10 yrs. I've said before I think there are 4 great players in this draft - Tunsill, RAmsey, Jack, and Elliott. Of course that's just my opinion. I never thought JJ Watt would be what he is either. I just don't think we take Elliott there. As great as he may be, if you don't sign Demarco after his great year, why would we do it with Elliott in 5. Again to me this is a 10 yr pick.

I fear Myles Jack. I hope he doesn't end up on this team. I feel like if he is sitting on the board in the 2nd then Stephen will be tempted to make a patented "dallas pick"...go for a guy with talent that slid because other teams are more responsible. Jack will be out of the league in 3 years with a crumbling knee, and we need all of our picks in rounds 1-4.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear Myles Jack. I hope he doesn't end up on this team. I feel like if he is sitting on the board in the 2nd then Stephen will be tempted to make a patented "dallas pick"...go for a guy with talent that slid because other teams are more responsible. Jack will be out of the league in 3 years with a crumbling knee, and we need all of our picks in rounds 1-4.

I agree that knee is scary.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I think he is going to drop. But damn if he is still there at 34 it would be tough not to grab him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I think he is going to drop. But damn if he is still there at 34 it would be tough not to grab him.

lol, I hear you but that's our story in the 2nd round it seems like every year. Someone that has dropped for good reason we take a swing at.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jacks still there at 34 I'd say roll them dice on him.
That's my first reaction, but I would yield to the doctors. If the doctors say he is OK I am all over him. But you need to at least have that discussion with your Medical staff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey wants to play CB in the NFL...Or at least he is smart enough to say he wants to play CB...
Jalen Ramsey on his NFL position: 'Corner'

The closer we get the more I worry about SD taking him. I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm not one to count on rookies too much because there is a learning curve, but if we could go Ramsey and then Spence I think our defense is WAY better this year.

"Speaking Wednesday morning at an NFL Play 60 Clinic in Chicago, Ramsey insisted he wants to play on the outside, but will line up wherever asked.

"I will play anywhere a team wants me to play, just like I did in college it doesn't matter to me. I want to play ball," he admitted.

Ramsey has been rumored as high as the No. 1 pick, when his hometown team Tennessee Titansowned the selection. The corner said he believes the Titans would have selected him at No. 1 if they held onto that selection. Now he is fine being taken at any pick.

"It doesn't matter how high I go. It doesn't matter if I go at three or 33 or wherever," Ramsey said. "This has all been my dream. ... I'll be happy regardless.""

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cont'd:

NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Tuesday that he's hearing Ramsey being connected to the Cowboys at No. 4. That is a scenario the corner called "a dream situation, literally a dream come true" after rooting for the 'Boys growing up.

Whether it's in practice or a game, Ramsey called Dez Bryant the receiver he most wants to cover.

"I just like his mindset, his competitiveness, people call it cocky, call it confident, you can call it arrogant, you can call it whatever you want," Ramsey said of Bryant. "He's one of the best receivers in the game and that's always been the guy who I wanted to go up against, whether it's in practice or the game."

It's that type of mentality Ramsey believe he owns.

"You can call me cocky, you can call me arrogant, but I know what I am," he said. "I'm humble, I'm just confident in my abilities. I have no reason to not be confident. I play defensive back. You have to be confident playing defensive back. Period."

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I hear you but that's our story in the 2nd round it seems like every year. Someone that has dropped for good reason we take a swing at.

So far with very mixed results. Lee is the best of the bunch from round 2, but can't stay on the field.

Lee...injuries
Carter...injuries - gone
Escobar...sucks - injured now
Gregory...drugs/character concerns
Lawrence...drugs/character concerns
Bennett...head case - gone

There is some talent there, but not one safe pick among the bunch.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my first reaction, but I would yield to the doctors. If the doctors say he is OK I am all over him. But you need to at least have that discussion with your Medical staff

When I hear they are already saying he will need micro fracture surgery at some point, I wouldnt touch him but thats just me. You can get a healthy player than can contribute for years in round 2, although not near the talent Jack is, at least the player would be on the field/team for years more than likely

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the pick will be Elliott. I think the Chargers take Ramsey. Elliott may be just too good to pass on. If Ramsey was not there, I would trade down, but I don't see it happening. Can't wait! Getting nervous.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys Could Trade Back Into Round 1 For A QB?
17 mins ago Cowboys, NFL Draft Rumors 0 Comments

ESPN’s Ed Werder mentions that he could see the Cowboys the trading back into round one for a quarterback if they end up settling on FSU DB Jalen Ramsey at No. 4 overall.

Dallas currently holds the No. 34 overall pick, so it’s possible they could move up a few spots if a quarterback they like is still on the board.

This isn’t the first reporter who has mentioned the possibility, as Adam Schefter reported earlier in the day that there’s at least a chance a team like the Cowboys could make the move back into the first round for someone like Memphis QB Paxton Lynch.

According to Schefter, it’s hard to find a landing spot for Lynch in round one, unless someone is hanging low about their plans to take him.

Meanwhile, sources have told Peter Schrager that “25-30” is the sweet spot where a team could trade back into round one for a quarterback.

Others have suggested that Michigan State QB Connor Cook could be another candidate to be selected by a team at the end of round one.

There’s a benefit to taking a quarterback at the end of the round one, considering that first-round selections come with fifth-year options, which can prove to be quite valuable in the coming years.

The Vikings took this approach with Teddy Bridgewater a few years ago.

For what it’s worth, we have the Cowboys taking Ramsey at No. 4 overall in our recently updated 2016 NFL Mock Draft.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys
  • Dane Brugler mentions that the Cowboys “LOVEEzekiel Elliott, but they may love DB Jalen Ramsey a tad more though.
  • Brugler believes it will ultimately down to those two players for the Cowboys.
  • Peter Schrager echoes that the Cowboys are “split” on Ramsey and Elliott at No. 4 overall.